Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th February 2024, 11:44   #61

Re: Tyre upgrade for the 5th-gen Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubham322000 View Post
Hello,

195/55/R16 will be recommended in this case. You can also think of getting Continental UC6 in the list.

Been personally using them for a while now. No stiffness felt and handling has been good even in rainy days.
Re: Good day Subham, I've been using a Honda City eHEV - CVT for 4 months, covering 4200kms. The stock Goodyear Triplemax 2 185/55 R16 tires have generally performed well, with just one puncture. However, the stock tires are noisy, and the comfort level is only satisfactory. Planning a long drive from Kolkata to Ayodhya in the next few weeks, I'm concerned about the reliability of these stock tires after reading reviews. Considering a switch to UC6 195/55 R16 tires for highway driving and improved performance with 5 passengers, including the driver. I'm also unsure about potential impacts on mechanisms like traction control and speedo readings, inflation warnings etc. Assuming I maintain the same tire pressure for a 195/55 R16 upgrade (Front 38 psi, Rear 35 psi for loaded scenarios), would this be suitable? Your advice on this upgrade is highly appreciated. Regards, arijit
Old 29th February 2024, 14:07   #62
BHPian

Hi Ajit, You can make the switch peacefully please.

There are absolutely no problems at all. Everything remains operating normal in the car. Handling at higher speeds has become better post the upgrade.

From the tyre pressure point of view, my dealer recommended me to keep 35 PSI on these ones considering the size. Haven't received any false TPMS warnings thus far, so all good. Thanks
shubham322000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2024, 15:53   #63

Finally, I successfully resolved the dilemma concerning the ideal tire size and upgraded the tires on my HC 5th gen eHev to UC6 195/55 R16 87V. I am delighted to share my initial impressions of the new tires, having driven approximately 80-90 kms. With the new UC6, I am experiencing enhanced road grip, a more immediate response to both braking and acceleration, and a noticeable reduction in road noise. Each of these tires cost me INR 7250 in Kolkata. In exchange for the previous GoodYear Triple Max tires with approximately 4200 kms of usage, the dealership offered me a credit of only 1200 bucks. With this upsize, I encountered no inflation warnings or speedometer errors, I'm unable to discern any significant difference in average mileage (22.5-24 kms/l during city driving). I am maintaining all four tyre pressures at 35psi. Thus far, everything is running smoothly with these new tires. In my opinion, the 195/55 R16 is the most suitable fit for the 5th gen City.
arjbh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks