Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2021, 21:09   #31
BHPian

Re: Sidewall crack appears on Yokohama Earth-1 within 1 year; company says not covered under warrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Great update as expected. All's well that ends well. 20% to be borne by you is any day better than 100%. When will the replacement tyre be given to you?
Totally.

Well, the dealer mentioned that he is expecting a load to arrive by tomorrow. He will check the same and confirm is what he said.

The Yoko rep too requested me to update him once I get the replacement.

Quote:
Be careful with the rest of the tyres hereon.
Oh yes! I hope they serve me well till the end of their life.

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 27th May 2021 at 21:13.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2021, 02:01   #32
BHPian

Re: Yokohama Earth-1 Tyres (designed for India)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
I

Earth -1 tyres seem to be directed more at the value conscious end of the market, built to a price and competing with regular Janata tyres from other brands and from my experience they get hard and very noisy after a few years (2~3) They are however long lasting.
From my experience the tyre starts deteriorating fast and ride quality goes downhill. High speed braking and wet braking also got poor. Initial performance is very good but that doesn’t last.
Yeah but the earth 1 does not come cheap! It costs 7.1k for a 16" wheel and at how many kilometers did your tyre's performance go downhill. I'm using earth 1 tyres on my EcoSport from December 2020 and I've driven 10k kms post the tyre change. The only gripe is the road noise. Hard braking, ride quality and wet braking abilities are good.
jithin23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2021, 08:53   #33
BHPian

Re: Yokohama Earth-1 Tyres (designed for India)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
Yeah but the earth 1 does not come cheap! It costs 7.1k for a 16" wheel and at how many kilometers did your tyre's performance go downhill. I'm using earth 1 tyres on my EcoSport from December 2020 and I've driven 10k kms post the tyre change. The only gripe is the road noise. Hard braking, ride quality and wet braking abilities are good.
Very true.
A 225/55/R17 Yokohama Earth-1 tyre retails at 10,800/- INR before discounts; and that is surely not cheap.

Their supposedly premium offering i.e. the BlueEarth AE-51 is just another 500-600 INR more.

The locally manufactured tyre prices have skyrocketed since the import ban.
Old 30th May 2021, 21:40   #34

Re: Sidewall crack on Yokohama Earth-1 within 1 year; company says no warranty. EDIT: Solved (page 2

Hi, I will give you suggestion based on my experience as an tyre Engineer and worked with 2 major MNC into tyre warranty and development

First tyre damage are not covered under warranty.

Now if you want to cover your tyres under unconditional warranty, you need to have unconditional warranty card and if that is not available your tyre dealer should have registered your tyre on the company site under that policy.

Note warranty card should have clear information of unconditional warranty info and should have your tyre invoice no.and tyre serial no.on it

Now second point your tyre serial says it's 2019 tyre now you need to make sure that 2019 tyres were having that policy. It might be like that tyres manufactured in 2020 and above might have unconditional warranty and not 2019.

So do a call with tyre engg and politely ask him clear reason why the tyre is rejected and if you have tyre warranty card with unconditional warranty help him with that and in that case he cannot reject, else dealer has to accept his mistake.

Another point to note many unconditional warranty for tyres do not cover tyre running flat, means tyres which are run without air or at low air and that has resulted in tyre failure. Problem is customers don't understand the fine lines and claim them for replacement.
So make sure with the engineer on what grounds it's been rejected.
Hope that help you.
Pls ignore my typos.
Yeshwant
Yeshwant is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks