Team-BHP - Best of Everything... Which tire is the Best..???
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   Best of Everything... Which tire is the Best..??? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/23945-best-everything-tire-best-5.html)

Ishan, Im seriously in to get the tyres changed on my OHC first before I give it for the suspension work.

Im going to stick to stock 13" but need to know of good tyres, first in terms of comfort (low noise, cushioning) and then longevity ofcourse (they should last about 40-45k?). Not particularly emphasizing on grip grip grip but yea, who doesn't want good grip.

Secondly, what size in 13"? Is 195/XX/13 a good option? Tell me the max I can get in a budget of 3k per tyre with whatever you suggest in terms of brand. Speedo error?

AND tell me one person where to go, I need to do this URGENT.

Thanks!

You can't go 195/xx on your stock 13" steel rims. 185/70 is about as good as it gets. I would recommend Goodyear Ducaro GA. If they're anything like their GDi older brothers, they will be grippy, quiet, and will last you some.

Then again, these days Goodyear is churning out a lot of crap.

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r (Post 439989)

Then again, these days Goodyear is churning out a lot of crap.

195/65 Michelins all the way..

Godfather

195/65 13, the stock rims will not take. The tyres will bulge out WAY too much.

Even I was wondering if 195 will be way too fat and ugly, but will there be a problem if used on stock 13" rims?

OHC stock is 175/75 if im correct?

Which Michelins are you talkin about Godfather?

EDIT: Does the Potenza fit my requirements?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ankitahuja (Post 439992)

Michelin Pilot.
Yes the Potenza should be good but i would prefer the Michelins over Bridgestones anyday

Godfather

Quote:

Originally Posted by ankitahuja (Post 439992)
OHC stock is 175/75 if im correct?

OHC stock size is 175/70-13

U can fit Potenza GIII 185/70-13 on stock rims

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godfather (Post 439993)
Michelin Pilot.
Yes the Potenza should be good but i would prefer the Michelins over Bridgestones anyday

Godfather

Pilot precedas dont come in 13"

I would recommend Michelin Energy XM1's in 185/70 R13 size. Have PM'ed you the number of the dealer also.

Thanks v1p3r, Godfather and KP.

I read about these other tyres on the thread, can we consider any of these keeping in mind the options:
Manufactured in 13", Warranty, then further classified for comfort(low noise, cushioning) and then longevity ofcourse (they should last about 40-45k?).

1. Isn't Michelin Energy XM1 an option? OR
2. Bridgestone Turanza
3. Michelin Pilot Preceda/Pilot Primacy - Ruled out as N/A in 13"
5. Bridgestone Potenza GIII
6. Yokohama ES100/AVS Sport

(All suggested by Ishan earlier)

I also read in the forum that the G III tread wears off faster than other tyres, how long a life are we looking at?

Any prices for the above will be excellent?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ankitahuja (Post 439988)
Im going to stick to stock 13" but need to know of good tyres, first in terms of comfort (low noise, cushioning) and then longevity ofcourse (they should last about 40-45k?). Not particularly emphasizing on grip grip grip but yea, who doesn't want good grip.
s!

Sorry i didnt read your earlier post where u had mentioned about your requirements.
I would suggest u to go by what Ishan has suggested. Michelins are better in terms of road noise n comfort.
Michelin Energy Xm1 is also available in stock size 175/70-13 ..right Ishan ??

Quote:

Originally Posted by ankitahuja (Post 440212)
Thanks v1p3r, Godfather and KP.

I read about these other tyres on the thread, can we consider any of these keeping in mind the options:
Manufactured in 13", Warranty, then further classified for comfort(low noise, cushioning) and then longevity ofcourse (they should last about 40-45k?).

1. Isn't Michelin Energy XM1 an option? OR
2. Bridgestone Turanza
3. Michelin Pilot Preceda/Pilot Primacy - Ruled out as N/A in 13"
5. Bridgestone Potenza GIII
6. Yokohama ES100/AVS Sport

(All suggested by Ishan earlier)

I also read in the forum that the G III tread wears off faster than other tyres, how long a life are we looking at?

Any prices for the above will be excellent?

Yokohama ES100/AVS sport are not available in 13".

tsk has Potenza GIII in his Indica which is almost in its last phase n it has done 43K kms...So that is not bad for all the grip it provides...

Prices(185/70-13)
Potenza GIII - 2750
Energy XM1 - 2500 (Ishan can confirm this)
Turanza ER60 - 2700

Ankit - Like I said earlier, keeping your requirements in mind the Energy is the best choice for you and is available in 175/70 & 185/70. Both are good sizes for you. As for wear I just changed my Energy's after 54k of usage!!

For prices you contact the reference I gave you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 440224)
Michelin Energy Xm1 is also available in stock size 175/70-13 ..right Ishan ??

Yes sir, it is available. Esteem_Lover has them on his car.

As for warranty, I just checked the booklet I recieved with my new tyres and it mentions a warranty of 3 years on the Michelin's. So I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Is energy available in 175/80 14 ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by swathyd (Post 440270)
Is energy available in 175/80 14 ?

Arre Bhai..!!:Frustrati

Why dont u get 195/70-14 Michelin Energy XM1 for Adventure as Zaphod did ?

Michelin dealer in tvm
New Bharath tyres
Kochar road

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 440291)
Arre Bhai..!!:Frustrati

Why dont u get 195/70-14 Michelin Energy XM1 for Adventure as Zaphod did ?

Michelin dealer in tvm
New Bharath tyres
Kochar road

I fear low mileage and poor performance. Though i know xm 1 is better as they are asymmetrical and hence with silica compounds, which is less roll resistant. And perhaps enhancing pick up and mileage. But still i doubt whether it will retain earlier performance and mileage due to increased contact area, though slightly compensated by silica compounds.