Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2009, 12:14   #61

Thanks for your input guys. The tyre pressure is fine. Also, the tyres have nitrogen filled, instead of normal air. Can I fit 195/65 tyres on my existing R15 alloys? Will this result in better ride quality?
Old 15th July 2009, 14:42   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

You can fit the tyres on the alloys. However, it might foul with the wheel arch. It is not advisable at all.

When you say tyre pressure is fine, what do you mean? What is the pressure? how are you measuring it?
Old 15th July 2009, 15:16   #63
BHPian

So what would be the ideal upgrade and the ideal tyre pressure for a good ride quality and good grip as well?

Last edited by krish3 : 15th July 2009 at 15:29.
Old 19th July 2009, 22:49   #64

I have changed the existing old Goodyear tyres to Michelin Primacy, retiaining the current 195/60 R15 alloys. The ride qulity has improved slightly. I am planning to add a Pete's tuning box with green filter or K&N filter. Which one should I choose? K&N or Green filter for Pete's box? Also I have the following questions in this regard:

1. Will the Pete's box reduce FE?
2. Is 20 BHP a considerable gain in terms of acceleration? Should I opt for stage 2 instead?
3. What would be the new top speed after adding the box? I heard the Swift VDI does 160 with stock configuration.
Old 5th May 2011, 05:35   #65
BHPian

Re: Tyres/Alloys Swift VDi ABS

Guys I am planning to go for 15" HIJOIN for my Silver Swift Vdi .
Attached is the pic. Comments/suggestions/criticisms most welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Tyres/Alloys Swift VDi ABS-h363.jpg  

Old 5th May 2011, 10:00   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk28 View Post
Guys I am planning to go for 15" HIJOIN for my Silver Swift Vdi .
Attached is the pic. Comments/suggestions/criticisms most welcome.
I have similar alloys on my Swift. Think the one you attached got sharper curves. I would suggest you to check out Stamford for mine. I personally love this design. Here's mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Tyres/Alloys Swift VDi ABS-p1050318.jpg  

Tyres/Alloys Swift VDi ABS-img_0903.jpg  

Old 5th May 2011, 10:18   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I have similar alloys on my Swift. Think the one you attached got sharper curves. I would suggest you to check out Stamford for mine. I personally love this design. Here's mine.
Thanks Naveen. Dealer is quoting 5K per piece. Is that reasonable? He advised me to go for the set of 4.
Old 5th May 2011, 10:48   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk28 View Post
Thanks Naveen. Dealer is quoting 5K per piece. Is that reasonable? He advised me to go for the set of 4.
It's reasonable. I got these for 4250 a piece. I wanted Lenso Samurai series but was expensive. So went for these. 15" would look awesome.
Did you check Lenso Samurai series? They have similar models but might be expensive. If you can get it at a good rate, kindly consider that. They are awesome.
Old 5th May 2011, 10:52   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
It's reasonable. I got these for 4250 a piece. I wanted Lenso Samurai series but was expensive. So went for these. 15" would look awesome.
Did you check Lenso Samurai series? They have similar models but might be expensive. If you can get it at a good rate, kindly consider that. They are awesome.
Yeah I did check. I was particularly interested in lenso maglite. Unfortunately dealer does not have it in stock.
Old 5th May 2011, 13:21   #70
BHPian

Guys, Do you think the after market alloys will give good look to Dzire. Somehow i feel except the OEM alloys nothing suits a Dzire perfectly in terms of looks. Mine is a VDI and for last six months i am in a dilemma of whether to go for a good set of wheels or not. But i have a feeling that after market alloys will not suit Dzire as like it suits for swifts.

Personally i like Naveen's alloys on his swift, i am thinking to go for a similar design in black and getting the calipers painted in gold color. Mine is a azure grey Dzire VDI.

comments/suggestions

Last edited by BulZire : 5th May 2011 at 13:25.
Old 5th May 2011, 20:10   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
Guys, Do you think the after market alloys will give good look to Dzire. Somehow i feel except the OEM alloys nothing suits a Dzire perfectly in terms of looks. Mine is a VDI and for last six months i am in a dilemma of whether to go for a good set of wheels or not. But i have a feeling that after market alloys will not suit Dzire as like it suits for swifts.

Personally i like Naveen's alloys on his swift, i am thinking to go for a similar design in black and getting the calipers painted in gold color. Mine is a azure grey Dzire VDI.

comments/suggestions
Dude, I have seen my Dzire's with awesome alloys. Even saw one with 18" running on ultra low profile rubbers. I would suggest you to check out Lenso Samurai series as they have many options.

Please get the alloys fast. It's always better than OEM alloys. You can have my word.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2011, 11:46   #72
BHPian

Thanks for a positive comment , I also have Lenso Samurai series in option. But the price of it makes me to think about Lenso/Neo 4 ro 5 spoke instead. Anyways, i will be happy to buy it if it suits my car well. Will keep this thread updated soon on my take .
Old 20th May 2011, 23:19   #73
BHPian

Guys,

Need help again. I am not able to find the Hyper Silver finish of H-363 Hijoin. The only availiable is Black with the lip finish.

What according to you guys would look the best on a silver swift?

Hyper Silver or Black With the Lip finish

I am asking you guys so that it can help me in deciding if i need to wait till I find one with the Hyper Silver finish or settle for the Black with Lip Finish
Attached Thumbnails
Tyres/Alloys Swift VDi ABS-h363.jpg  

Tyres/Alloys Swift VDi ABS-black.jpg  

Old 27th August 2012, 22:13   #74
BHPian

Team, Need quick advice..I am planning on chaging my Swift LDI 2009 model tyres..they have run 42000 KM..Can i go for 15 inch tyres , with 15 inch rims also..for Swift LDI ?? any thoughts about side effects
Old 28th August 2012, 08:57   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgovencat View Post
any thoughts about side effects
It will result in a harsh ride compared to the 14". The old Swift has a very stiff suspension setup and you'll crash into the potholes, bumps etc. It will make the car more prone to rattle as well.

And if you take the car on highways, I would advice against 15".
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks