Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2010, 10:22   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

No AD07s in any other size except for 195/60 R14 in 14 inches.
Old 11th February 2010, 11:03   #32
Senior - BHPian

I'm running 185/60/R14 PP2s on my Esteem.
Having hit a stone at high speeds twice and with no casualty(touchwood), I'd say they're not as weak as I thought.
Old 6th January 2011, 13:09   #33

Which tyre to choose for replacing my existing 185/60R14(Michelin Pilot preceda) ?

Hi,

I am currently having the Michelin PP2's(18/60R) in my 2006 Esteem with 14" HR Alloy wheels(Up-sized in the year 2008). The tyre's have done close to 45000 km's now in a span of 4 years now. All these years the ride has been good except recently the rides are more bumpier & skiddy than earlier.

Recently I noticed the Wear Indicators to be in sync with tyre treads which i assume is in danger zone. Recently, during my travel couple of times I experienced the tyres to loose Grip while breaking and cornering at mid-high speeds(60-80 KMH).

This is what I am looking for:
- Better Ride comfort(considering my Stock Esteem Suspension).
- Superb Road Grip and traction Control.
- Sportier look.

I would appreciate for suggestions on which Tyre Manufacturer and preferably Size as well to go for to fulfil my requirements above.

PS: I did browse through the existing Threads on tyres, but couldn't narrow down to find any on my requirement.

Danny

Last edited by Jaggu : 6th January 2011 at 14:36. Reason: Please use Search before opening a new thread. Thanks
Old 27th September 2011, 14:17   #34
BHPian

Re: Esteem Tyre Help

I have been considered a tyre replacement because my Bridgestone (front)-MRF Zigma (rear) combo hasn't really had stellar stopping performance when on dry highway mud from road construction (NH7) or loose gravel from building construction sites, which gets carried around by wind. The problem of a lack of traction occurs even at low speeds (under 20kmph). The Maruti Suzuki Esteem 2004 Di that I drive doesn't come with ABS or any other modern safety features so the only real upgrade I can make is with the tyres. Michellin has been advertising lesser stopping distance but I'm not too sure how they would perform on loose soil or gravel. My typical reaction is to hold the brakes down harder rather than pump the brakes because of the inability to determine quickly if the tyres are slipping or if they are rolling.
Old 9th December 2011, 17:31   #35
BHPian

New tyres for my Esteem VXi

Hello folks,

I have been deliberating on replacing tyres for my Esteem, which has clocked 54k on the odo.

The dilemma is that is this really worth doing if I intend to sell my car, say 6 months later? On the other hand, the guys at Bridgestone, not surprisingly, recommend that I change my tyres as it seems to show "0" depth.

Appreciate your quick insights to this situation. I have to decide really quickly.

cheers,
Pannags

PS: I have a best quote of 4k/tyre from Bridgestone Select over phone.

Last edited by Jaggu : 9th December 2011 at 20:32. Reason: Please use Search before opening a new thread. Thanks
Old 9th December 2011, 20:34   #36
Team-BHP Support

Buy cheap stock tyres for now and be safe, imagine car getting into an accident repair due to a tyre failure? Instead invest on the tyres and you will definitely get a slightly better resale also due to the new tyres.
Old 13th December 2011, 11:16   #37
BHPian

I finally decided to give in to research-pressure and changed from the stock JK Ultimas to Bridgestone Turanza ER-60s, stock size.
Thanks to the JKs for their great service.

After a fairly long drive of 270 KMS on Sunday and some city commuting, I can confirm that the ride was amazingly silent and smooth (agreed, the Esteem does not have the quietest of cabins, but I like the revving noise of the engine nevertheless) with very little tyre noise, road grip at curves markedly improved and the steering comparably lighter.

Thanks for those valuable inputs/comments.

All in all, Happy car and happier me

Cheers,
Pannags
Old 6th September 2013, 22:11   #38
Senior - BHPian

I want to change my esteem's shoes for improving the ride and comfort. Its currently running on 175/70/R13 Bridgestone S322. Also would prefer 185s. However I cannot spend on new Alloys.

Going through the threads I saw some using 185/60/R13s but the tyre upsize calculators say it would have a difference of -4% compared to 2.43% of 185/70/R13.

The best upsize is 185/65/R13 however there aren't any manufacturers with that size.

The options I have is Yokohama A Drive and Bridgestone Potenza GIII (185/70/R13)

Will this size spoil my suspension or scrape the walls ? Also which one is a better tyre and are there any better options.
Old 10th September 2013, 10:42   #39
Senior - BHPian

I have changed the tyres in my Esteem two times. First was with Michelin and the second was with Yokohama. If I have to give a suggestion/opinion - go for Michelins. They are the most comfortable tyres. Lasted for 52k.
Old 10th September 2013, 11:31   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
I have changed the tyres in my Esteem two times. First was with Michelin and the second was with Yokohama. If I have to give a suggestion/opinion - go for Michelins. They are the most comfortable tyres. Lasted for 52k.
Thanks Sudipto, Michelin XM 2 was recommended by another friend of mine as well. Yokos I believe is prone to punctures and most of the Bhpians from Kolkata have shifted from that brand due to the same.

The situation is, its either the tyres or the Kolkata-Varanasi trip. Can't afford both at the moment. The existing S322s still have a lot of tread left, since its around 20k kms old.
Old 10th September 2013, 11:50   #41
Senior - BHPian

I changed my stock tyres before the Benares trip too :-) But that was after 38k. So you need not change your tyre at all. Your tyres can probably take 4 Benares trips back to back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks