Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2022, 20:47   #16
BANNED

Re: Which OEM tyre & battery brands do you prefer for your new commuter car?

Apollo Apterra AT2 are fantastic tyres. Amaron for a battery that fades very slowly over the years and will not suddenly die on you in the middle of nowhere.
Old 27th July 2022, 21:29   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Apollo Apterra AT2 are fantastic tyres. Amaron for a battery that fades very slowly over the years and will not suddenly die on you in the middle of nowhere.
The thread is related to tyres/batteries that come factory fitted on new cars.
I don't think Apterra AT2 comes as OEM fitment on any vehicle, of course other Apollo products are common as OEM fitment - Alnac 4G (Seltos/Creta/Sonet/Baleno/Punch), Amazer XP (Tiago/Tigor/Kwid), Amazer 3G Maxx (Swift/Dzire), etc.
But on that note, which vehicle have you been using your AT2s on? Do you do any off-roading?
Old 28th July 2022, 10:18   #18
BHPian

Battery - My experience with Amaron has been good for many years, totally trouble-free. Exide died down after 3 years in most cases.

Tyres: Apollo - It did not last for more than 35k kms and went flat. JK - Nothing extraordinary, but lasted for a decent 45K kms. Michelin - It was one of the best tyres which went strong for nearly 80k Kms, but it started to develop cracks since the car was parked idle for nearly 2+ months during the lockdown. Bridgestone - Seems to be more reliable. Continental - Absolutely silent on the road, but I could not find a wider tyre.
mail2vm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 11:05   #19
BHPian

For batteries -Amaron it is. This jingle from them is quite old but I remember hearing this a lot as a kid on TV, when it had a regular advertisement slot, especially during sports

For tyres, I like the overall quality offered by Continental, Michelin, and select ones by Bridgestone.
BrakeDancer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 11:30   #20
BHPian

While my experience with OEM Bridgestones has always been quite satisfactory, a change to Michelin Primacy STs for our Ecosport did bring forth a noticeable difference in ride, noise and handling. The Michelins are awesome. Stock Apollos in our earlier i20 were not so good and after sales was pathetic so that’s one brand I’ll avoid at all costs.

For batteries, have been quite happy with Exide so far, but now that I know that so many people prefer Amaron, I’ll try Amaron during next change.
Revvman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 11:46   #21
BHPian

My Alto 2009 model came with MRF ZVTS tyres & Amaron battery.

The Amaron battery lasted for 11 years as my Alto is a standard model without A/C and Power steering. I also switch off headlights at signals.

Hence, my preference of tyres is MRF brand & battery is Amaron.

I have replaced the tyres twice & battery only once.
bobbyblr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 12:27   #22
BHPian

My preference in Batteries is Amaron while with tyres I choose based on the running requirements (Road/Terrain). No specific reason for the batteries other than that I have noticed that the Amaron ones last longer.

My 2017 XUV500 came shod with Bridgestones and they are going good after 55K km. I may change over to Yokohamas later. The battery is OEM supplied Exide.

The 2017 Thar came with OEM supplied Amaron and Bridgestones. The tyres were replaced after 28K km with Yokohama Geolanders. I find the Geolanders better than the Bridgestones.

The 2013 Polo came with Apollos that lasted 22K km running the local roads of Coorg. Replaced them with Yokohama Earth 1s which have done 25K km and will last for a while. The battery was replaced in 2018 with an Exide which is doing service on date.

My 2015 Jazz came with Michelins which were good but lasted about 40K km and were replaced by Yokohama Earth 1s. I haven't noticed any major difference in road noise. The OEM SF battery was replaced with an Amaron in 2019.
Old 28th July 2022, 15:00   #23
BHPian

My preference for batteries is Amaron; whether OEM or after market fitment.

I've had good experiences with the notorious Bridgestone Ecopia tyres on my Ford Ecosport after the initial batch was replaced under warranty. The Michelin OEM fitment on our Honda Jazz is also good.

The Pirelli Cinturato P7 OEM fitment on our Passat had very soft sidewalls; changed them to Yokohama Blue Earth and was very pleased with them.
Old 28th July 2022, 15:21   #24
BANNED

Tires: Pirelli for motorcycle. Although my experience with Ceat Gripp is also great but Pirelli feels like it's on a different level. Right now, I'm running TVS.

MRF is a strict no-no for me.

For Car - NA. I'm okay with Ceat, MRF, Kenda, Apollo, and Bridgestone. Whatever decent brand I can find with my preferred tread pattern for the lowest cost gets my business.

Battery:
1. Exide
2. Tata Green
3. Amaron

No matter what kind of deal you give me, I'm never buying SF Sonic.

Last edited by MaheshY1 : 28th July 2022 at 15:24.
Old 28th July 2022, 15:23   #25
BANNED

My preference for battery is Amaron, for sure have had no problem at all with it, used in all 3 of my cars. Have had experiences with MRF and Michelin (They both lasted really long), but had a bad experience with Bridgestone (as I can see people had really good experiences with it, probably I got defective ones - not sure).

Last edited by Rehaan : 28th July 2022 at 16:05. Reason: Minor formatting change
Old 28th July 2022, 16:10   #26
BHPian

Battery : Amaron. Has never failed before 4 yrs. Had tried Exide, but it lasts maximum 2-3 yrs.

Tyres : Michelin or Hankook.
Old 28th July 2022, 17:19   #27
BHPian

Fully agree with Amaron for battery and Bridgestone for Tyres. Both lasted for long time though I accept views that they should be changed earlier for safety reasons. OEM Exide lasted till warranty period only while Amaron as recommended by FNG lasted 7 and 5 years with no problem. My knowledge is limited so giving my usage experience only.
Old 28th July 2022, 18:34   #28
BHPian

Amaron is my preferred battery brand.

Goodyear, Bridgestone, Apollo, MRF, and JK. I will rate these tires from best to worst that I had in my new cars.

The JK tires were by far the worst of the bunch. The rest were acceptable.

Last edited by SanjayW : 28th July 2022 at 18:53.
Old 28th July 2022, 19:02   #29
BHPian

Guys, slightly off topic but any help would be appreciated. I need new tyres for my Q5 (235/65/17).
The car can be used till July '24 in NCR before which I will sell it. I will probably drive it for 10-15k km at Max till that time. I was thinking of going with JK (10200/tyre) but the tyre shop owner has suggested Kumho (7000/tyre). The cost difference for 4 tyres is massive. So, should I buy JK/MRF or the likes of go with Kumho, a brand I have no experience with?
Old 28th July 2022, 19:06   #30
BHPian

Michelin for tyres always, as I've always had a great experience with them and sub-par experiences with any other brand every single time. As far as batteries I'd say either Amaron or Exide depending on the price of replacement.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks