Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2007, 16:19   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
I have used Falken uni-directional tyres on my Zen & Opel Astra many years back. I had no cause for complain - but I don't see them much any more..

Falkens were one of the better soft-compound tyres available. Great grip. Unfortunately their soft compunds ensured a very short life on Indian roads. You still get Falkens in Bangalore. Its just that other brands have better words-of-mouth in their favor. They're good too, btw.
Old 4th July 2007, 16:21   #17
Senior - BHPian

From what I heard recently RT I think they closed down or rumors to that effect. Maybe the importer is no longer importing them or something. Will have to check up on it though.

Last edited by iraghava : 4th July 2007 at 16:23.
Old 4th July 2007, 16:32   #18
Team-BHP Support

Closed down? I don't recall them making an official presence in India ever. I guess the importer must have stopped or slowed down the imports.
Old 4th July 2007, 16:35   #19
Senior - BHPian

No they were never here officially. My suspicion too is that the importer is no longer getting them hence the news in the market.
Old 4th July 2007, 16:44   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
Yea. They don't sell much out here anymore. Guess they must have gone out of style! What's your budget though? Check out the Yokohama range - AVS Sport/ES100. They sell for a reasonable price in the grey and are really good tyres. The GSD3's are not the best and tend to become hard too soon. Read GTO's review on them and you'll get the idea.

unfortunately the YOKO's are not available here in that size...that's why the Though the Delhi office of YOKOHAMA has confirmed that the stocks of their tyres would be with dealers on 10th July '07 onwards - but they have not confirmed if this particular size is selling in Delhi or not
Old 4th July 2007, 16:48   #21
Senior - BHPian

Check with one of the grey importers if they have it
Old 4th July 2007, 16:56   #22
Senior - BHPian

GS-D3's are very bad IMO. I put them on my SL and removed them right away after one drive!!
Old 4th July 2007, 17:12   #23
BHPian

The falkens are awesome tyres with suave looks and solid grip. I had people staring at the car just because i had the falkens which changed the overall look. only prob is tht they wear out pretty soon. I had 205/60 on my accent 6 yrs bck. Dont see them anymore though.
Old 4th July 2007, 17:43   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
No they were never here officially. My suspicion too is that the importer is no longer getting them hence the news in the market.
They are readily available in Calcutta. Saw them recently - tyre wallah has ready stock.
Old 4th July 2007, 23:32   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
GS-D3's are very bad IMO. I put them on my SL and removed them right away after one drive!!
Its stange how varied the responses are for the GS-D3s !!

Maybe they have huge quality control issues? Or are they manufactured in more than one factory?

Heres GTO's review > Link

cya
R
Old 4th July 2007, 23:43   #26
Senior - BHPian

Falkens tend to be squirmy around corners. Something to do with their sidewalls, I guess. Seen it in their Ziex 512 (?) tyres for cars, and in the ones on Steeroid's Safari.

GS-D3s aren't all that great. They have a nice pattern, and that's it. They wear out really quick, they're really noisy, and easily fazed by dirt and sand. Good in the wet, though.

Rehaan, a good reason for difference is the fact that tyres evolve. The ES-100s were THE tyre 3 years ago. Now they're crap compared to the Advan Neovas. The Eagle F1s are also 2 years old, though I was never particularly impressed by them.

17"s, are you looking at only tyres, or rims too? A friend of mine wants to get rid of his setup, because they're too big for his car (surprise!!!).
Old 5th July 2007, 00:19   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
GS-D3s aren't all that great. They have a nice pattern, and that's it. They wear out really quick, they're really noisy, and easily fazed by dirt and sand. Good in the wet, though.
Well it was the same story with the GS-D2's too, they were more show than go & I'm not too surprised that not much has changed.

Quote:
Rehaan, a good reason for difference is the fact that tyres evolve. The ES-100s were THE tyre 3 years ago. Now they're crap compared to the Advan Neovas. The Eagle F1s are also 2 years old, though I was never particularly impressed by them.
Yup, but the problem with the Advan's is availability in our market compared to tyres like the ES100 or GS-D2/3. They are hardly visible & most dealers don't even know a pattern by that name exists apart from places like Bangalore. So they're happy selling an older tyre which still sells well, while the customer who doesn't know better relies on the advice of the dealer.
Old 5th July 2007, 00:30   #28
Senior - BHPian

Well, as of now Yokohama India is not planning to introduce any of the Advan tyres in India. No Neovas, no STs, and no Sports.
Old 5th July 2007, 01:41   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, as of now Yokohama India is not planning to introduce any of the Advan tyres in India. No Neovas, no STs, and no Sports.
You sure about that? From what I heard last they are going to be selling Advan Sports here but only in 20" or above which is well as good as nothing but still.
Old 5th July 2007, 10:29   #30
Senior - BHPian

17"s, are you looking at only tyres, or rims too? A friend of mine wants to get rid of his setup, because they're too big for his car (surprise!!!).[/quote]

Well I am looking at buying 17" Alloys & 225/45/17 Tyres, can surely buy used (provided they are in perfect condition) you can PM me details

Thanks

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 5th July 2007 at 10:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks