Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2023, 10:52   #16
BHPian

Re: AT Tyres for Tata Harrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
I have a Safari 2021 XMA AT. I upgraded to 235/65 R17 with after market alloys and good year triple max. Tyres were not up to the mark and I changed to Michelin Primacy SUV+ after 35000 kms. Michelin is way more silent, comfortable with less rolling resistance and brakes are more gripping. However, the biggest downside is that the car starts pulling to the left.
I've used Michelin Primacy 4 on my S Cross and they are wonderful tyres. But I've heard from many that they have soft sidewalls. The SUV+ may be different. I'm apprehensive about downsizing because mainly because it's a costly affair I'd like to avoid right now but with such few options in this size, I might end up doing it any way.

About the pulling to the left, this seems to be a well-known issue in Tata cars and may not be because of the tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suryaj1990 View Post
you should try the Wrangler Series of GoodYear. I have covered close to 35,000km and its at half life. I do a lot of triple digits and my use case has been on unpaved surfaces, off road spots etc. I have them on my yeti.
Thank you, noise I'm not too worried about. I will check these too. Thank you for the recommendation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velmurugan View Post
Hi,
I would recommend Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015.
I had them on my Thar and I didn't have any complaints, but this was a few years ago. But from what people told me, my Geolanders were an exception and they were very prone to sidewall tears so I wasn't sure. Now it is being recommended by quite a few people so they may have been made stronger. I will talk to shops to check if they're available in 18".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akash_1806 View Post
Hey buddy,

I suggest you go for Apollo Apterra At2 or BFG T/A KO2. Have been using Apollo and they have covered approximately a lakh kms in my Terrano without any issues and as for BFGs, the review has always been good from all the off-road buddies. Would suggest you stay away from Yokohama Geolanders as they are prone to sidewall failures and punctures.
I was apprehensive about the Geolanders for this exact reason. I had them on my Thar a few years ago and they worked for me but there were too many complaints about sidewall tears. Many people seem to be using them now, so maybe things are better?

TBH BFGs are overkill for my use but with few options available in the size I require, I am considering them as an option. They're also very expensive. For some reason I seem to have misremembered Apterras not being very good but I may be wrong. Will definitely consider them. Are there any downsides to them? Thank you for your recommendations!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks