Team-BHP - Honda Civic : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   Honda Civic : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/26758-honda-civic-tyre-wheel-upgrade-thread-5.html)

In case of stock rims you can uprgrde to 215/55 R16 or 225/50 R16, may be a tyre with higher traction rating (i.e)AA.
and ofcourse switching over to 16 inch will also improve braking but make sure you choose a higher traction rating tyres for better braking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by itzzme (Post 598003)
In case of stock rims you can uprgrde to 215/55 R16 or 225/50 R16, may be a tyre with higher traction rating (i.e)AA.
and ofcourse switching over to 16 inch will also improve braking but make sure you choose a higher traction rating tyres for better braking.

Aren't Civic stock wheels 15".?

any chance of upsize to 225/40/18 from the stock honda civic tyres which are 196/65/15
is it advisable to upsize to 18 without creating mess...or a safe bet would be 225/45/17
kinda confused about these 2 sizes and delivery on sunday :)

yes they are. why the question?

Unknown - You don't have many options, best is to go to 205's & get a set of sticky tyres if you want to stick to 15".

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 598308)
Unknown - You don't have many options, best is to go to 205's & get a set of sticky tyres if you want to stick to 15".

On stock rim 205/60 or ( 50) ?-15 will be good enough ? , 205 profile tyre does effect on ride quality ? I want to maintain ride quality & improve it's braking performance (I'm not satisfied with it's current brakes) will it improve ?

P:s- how much should i get if i sell stock rims & alloys ?
Thanks In advance :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 598308)

Would you have to change the rims for any other option? Wouldn't the stock rims suffice for the 215/60R15 ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by unknown (Post 598438)
On stock rim 205/60 or ( 50) ?-15 will be good enough ? , 205 profile tyre does effect on ride quality ? I want to maintain ride quality & improve it's braking performance (I'm not satisfied with it's current brakes) will it improve ?

Correct size is 205/65 R15 or 215/60 R15. But no good performance tyre is available in this size officially in India. You would get either the Michelin Energy MXV8/XM1 or the Yokohama A300.

Quote:

Originally Posted by unknown (Post 598438)
P:s- how much should i get if i sell stock rims & alloys ?
Thanks In advance :D

Peanuts. Depends on what tyres your car came with & how much have you done on them. If it came with Goodyear's then you really won't get much at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by csentil (Post 598440)
Would you have to change the rims for any other option? Wouldn't the stock rims suffice for the 215/60R15 ?

The stock rims are not optimal for 215's but yes they will suffice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 598191)
Aren't Civic stock wheels 15".?

Sorry , that was a mistake.

Quote:

Peanuts. Depends on what tyres your car came with & how much have you done on them. If it came with Goodyear's then you really won't get much at all.
Car came with Goodyear Nct , i've done around 200 Km on them , Have been offered 8k for 4 wheels .

Yoko A300(Didn't look good) or Michelin Energy MXV8 whixh one is better ? any idea about the price of yoko a300 per tyre .

Both are good, Yoko would be cheaper than the Energy's. What dealer?

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 603826)
Both are good, Yoko would be cheaper than the Energy's. What dealer?

Any rough idea about energy's price ? Or should i change rims too ? any good designs alloys available in 16'' ?

In 15" u'll have more options in terms of tyres and alloys both.
I know ppl who have struggled to get good combo of tyres n rims in 16" just bcos of the lack of options in the market.
I suggest u to stick with stock alloys and get good set of tyres.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 604021)
In 15" u'll have more options in terms of tyres and alloys both.
I know ppl who have struggled to get good combo of tyres n rims in 16" just bcos of the lack of options in the market.
I suggest u to stick with stock alloys and get good set of tyres.

How's maxxis tyre ? Is it inferior or better than Michelin energy ? how much does michelin enegy cost ?
Maxxis tyre price
225.60/15 = 4200
215.60.15 = 3600

Quote:

Originally Posted by unknown (Post 604348)
How's maxxis tyre ? Is it inferior or better than Michelin energy ? how much does michelin enegy cost ?
Maxxis tyre price
225.60/15 = 4200
215.60.15 = 3600

Can't comment on Maxxis as i haven't driven any car with those tyres but given an option b/w the two i would opt for Energy. The energy should cost u around 4.5k per tyre.
Why are u avoiding the yokos?