Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2007, 03:17   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzy View Post
I checked with my local tyrewala, he said michelin energy xm1 185/70 R14 would cost around 3500 per tyre, that a good deal? plus he's telling me michelin isn't tht gr8 for indian roads and advised me to go for goodyear or yokohama.

Didn't mean to sound impatient, i'm just excited bout the new set of wheels Thanks to all of you for your valuable suggestions!
IMO your dealer is just talking crap & also trying to sell you some overpriced tyres. Michelin's are absolutely fantastic tyres in our conditions & I personally can vouch for that (apart from so many other users on the forum) since I'm on my second set already without any problems (touch wood!)

I would suggest you try a few other dealers too & also the price for that size should not be more than 3400.
Old 1st November 2007, 10:24   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzy View Post
I checked with my local tyrewala, he said michelin energy xm1 185/70 R14 would cost around 3500 per tyre, that a good deal? plus he's telling me michelin isn't tht gr8 for indian roads and advised me to go for goodyear or yokohama.
3500 for 185/70-14 is bit too much. It should be around 3300-3400(max).
How much did he quote for the Yokos?
Old 1st November 2007, 16:37   #33
BHPian

He quoted a lower price for the Yokos and Goodyear around 3K per tyre.
Old 1st November 2007, 17:54   #34
Senior - BHPian

Yes, in those sizes Yoko's are around that price but Goodyear's should be even cheaper.
Old 5th December 2008, 15:58   #35
Senior - BHPian

Have Bridgestone stopped production of Potenza G III's (185/70/R14) (costing 3480 per tyre)?

A dealer has confirmed the availability of BS GIII's at that size. When checked with on the manf.date of the tyres, he says its 2 yrs old. He added since the production was stopped for the last 2 yrs, latest dated tyres will not be available. Also he says that there are Indian and Japanese makes available and the latter will be costly by Rs.150/-/ Is it true?

Me wanted to go for BS to get longer life with safety, any other options (loved Michi, but lesser tyre life kept me away)

Last edited by Surprise : 5th December 2008 at 16:03.
Old 8th December 2008, 11:42   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Have Bridgestone stopped production of Potenza G III's (185/70/R14) (costing 3480 per tyre)?

A dealer has confirmed the availability of BS GIII's at that size. When checked with on the manf.date of the tyres, he says its 2 yrs old. He added since the production was stopped for the last 2 yrs, latest dated tyres will not be available. Also he says that there are Indian and Japanese makes available and the latter will be costly by Rs.150/-/ Is it true?

Me wanted to go for BS to get longer life with safety, any other options (loved Michi, but lesser tyre life kept me away)
Request someone to throw more light on this. Pls
Old 8th December 2008, 13:02   #37
Senior - BHPian

You can only get India made fresh GIII's, all Jap manufactured ones are going to be at least 2 years old. Reason being that a couple of years back the production of GIII's was stopped worldwide & the moulds were shipped to Bridgestone India using which they've now started producing the GIII's in India itself.

So the dealer is giving you the partial truth. And may I ask, why the GIII's specifically?
Old 8th December 2008, 15:01   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
And may I ask, why the GIII's specifically?
Requirement is decent life and safety.

Heard that Michelin is good in noise factor and grip, but we cannot except life in Michelin (even on XM1+ Energy series). Read through this section and zeored in on BS POTENZA GIII'S. Is there any good alternative for this? and what would be the approxinate cost?

Michelin India - Energy XM1+ - Found this from Michelin site. Will these tyres come around 45k kms or 4 yrs? (assumptions - city driving with semi-decent roads)

Last edited by Surprise : 8th December 2008 at 15:06.
Old 10th December 2008, 11:45   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Requirement is decent life and safety.

Heard that Michelin is good in noise factor and grip, but we cannot except life in Michelin (even on XM1+ Energy series). Read through this section and zeored in on BS POTENZA GIII'S. Is there any good alternative for this? and what would be the approxinate cost?

Michelin India - Energy XM1+ - Found this from Michelin site. Will these tyres come around 45k kms or 4 yrs? (assumptions - city driving with semi-decent roads)
Bumping innn. Require experts opinion on this
Old 10th December 2008, 16:35   #40
Senior - BHPian

My last XM1 set lasted 50k before I replaced it. You could also try the Yokohama A.Drives & the Bridgestone Turanza series. All of them should last you 40-45k kms provided your Suspension, Alignment & Balancing are in good shape.
Old 23rd December 2008, 15:08   #41
BHPian

raghav, does the S. Drive also last the same??
Old 15th January 2009, 11:28   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
My last XM1 set lasted 50k before I replaced it. You could also try the Yokohama A.Drives & the Bridgestone Turanza series. All of them should last you 40-45k kms provided your Suspension, Alignment & Balancing are in good shape.
Hi Iraghava, thanks for your guidance on this.

Have purchased Bridge StoneTuranza ER60 (185/70/R14). Swift recommended tyre pressure for Vxi (165/80/R14) is 33 psi on all four wheels, I maintain the same tyre pressure even after this upgrade, is that 33 PSI for 185/70/R14 right?

And for long drives say around 500 kms, do we need to alter the PSI or can maintain the same?
Old 18th January 2009, 20:28   #43
BHPian

Post some pics dude~~!!
Old 19th January 2011, 21:17   #44

Re: Swift Vxi Alloys and tyres

I would call this a upgrade. One step for the car owner - a giant leap for the car herself (she is a beauty). I bought Michelin - Energy XM1+ : 185/70/R14. I had the company fitted JK on my ZXi. I clocked 34K on those and they were almost crying to let them go free.

Filled up the new ones with Nitrogen - it feels silk. More than 50 % reduction in noise (dont ask how I quantified this) and the silicon compound helps managing the bends more easily. Paid 4250/per tyre from my tyre dealer at Thane.

Satisfied in these early days...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks