Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2007, 19:24   #1
BHPian

Swift Vxi Alloys and tyres

hi everyone,

this is my first post and i'm really happy to have found this site, it's loaded with information!!! Hats off to all the guys who're workin hard n sharin their knowledge with noob's like us

I'm planning to get a Swift Vxi @ mumbai - it comes with steel wheels - i'd like to go for alloys n a set of good tyres. I've read a few threads on TBHP where people have cautioned others on installing custom alloys. I've really no idea about PCD's n wht size the rims should be and all tht.

I'm thinking of getting the aura alloys and (i don't know which)??? tyres installed from the car dealer itself as they'd know better about wht will fit best. Will this be more expensive than getting it installed from a different store.

Please shed light on this as i'm really n thoroughly confused. Also, a lot of u from mumbai must've got ur alloys n tyres from a reliable store - so let me know which place would be best. i don't care as long as it's in mumbai ... Also my budget for alloys + wheels is 30 K the car dealer i talked to said that he can install the alloys for 16K (from aura i don't know the pattern n stuff)

Please let me knw ur opinion and thanks to everyone for this great forum

GO KIMI !!
GO BHP !!

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th October 2007 at 23:55. Reason: Please read the TBHP rules. Sms language is not permitted, and max 2 smileys per post please. Thanks.
Old 26th October 2007, 20:16   #2
Senior - BHPian

carzy
Use the search option there are lot of threads on Swift alloys and tyres..One of them is here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...-my-swift.html

Too many smileys...Read the rules for posting too.
Old 26th October 2007, 22:56   #3
BHPian

kpzen,

i've read that thread already n a few more on TBHP if you read my first post. i just wanted an opinion from one of the experts here as i'm confused about which ones to buy... under 30K - experts on this forum, pls shed some light n share your knowledge on this.
by the way, what's the deal on the 2 smileys

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th October 2007 at 23:57. Reason: tht = that etc. Please type in full words to ease the reading of the post for all members. Thanks.
Old 26th October 2007, 23:41   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzy View Post
kpzen,

i've read tht thread already n a few more on TBHP if you read my first post. i just wanted an opinion from one of the experts here as i'm confused about which ones to buy... under 30K - experts on this forum, pls shed some light n share ur knowledge on this.
by the way, what's the deal on the 2 smileys
hey does ur swift comes with abs or what...
and about the alloys go for other brands than aura coz they have better collection with the same price .....
i am also going for tyre and alloy change for my swift lxi...will let u know soonn...i am going for Michelin energy MXV8 R 15 195/60 tyres...
ur default tyres will be JK 165/80 R14 size..
Note from the Support Staff: Please do not type using SMS / Slang

hope i helped uuu

Last edited by aah78 : 30th October 2007 at 23:03.
Old 27th October 2007, 00:28   #5
Senior - BHPian

Read this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...swift-vdi.html
Old 27th October 2007, 00:44   #6
Senior - BHPian

See, I'll tell you what. Swift PCD is 100. Your safe upsize would be 185/70 R14.

I don't think anybody can really advise you on what pattern to choose for alloys, since it's a matter of personal taste. Also, nobody will have a ready price list for alloys, but around 15k for a set of 14s is reasonable, I think. Though there are cheaper options I'm sure. It helps to ask around a bit.

In Mumbai, Saifee Tyres in Santacruz is famous, albeit one of the more expensive ones around. Try couple of tyre shops in Milan Subway. Equally good collection, and cheaper.

To get an idea on different tyre options or rim options, please SEARCH around in the forum. It has been discussed way too many times already. All of it will help you.
Old 27th October 2007, 01:28   #7
BHPian

Thanks for your response. I'm planning to go for the one without ABS mostly, the dealer said it's not really necessary. I'm still in two minds about that. but will that affect the kind of tyres/alloys tht i put?
since ur going for R15, will that affect the performance of ur car since R14 is the recommended option?? I need my ride to be more comfortable (less bumpy). Would R15 help me with that or should i stick to R14 ?

I'm basically looking for two things: good ground clearance and a less bumpier ride considering the roads we come across daily in mumbai

PortedHead: thanks for ur reply too, i'll definitely check out the one in santacruz. I know there are quite a few lined up at milan subway- any one in particular that you'd recommend there?
Old 27th October 2007, 01:38   #8
BHPian

Also wanted to ask you, where exactly is Saifee in Santacruz: is it on SV road, pls let me knw the address. thnks
Old 27th October 2007, 13:10   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your response. I'm planning to go for the one without ABS mostly, the dealer said it's not really necessary. I'm still in two minds about that. but will that affect the kind of tyres/alloys tht i put?
since ur going for R15, will that affect the performance of ur car since R14 is the recommended option?? I need my ride to be more comfortable (less bumpy). Would R15 help me with that or should i stick to R14 ?
if u are going for abs then u should worry about the tyre upsize and alloy size since it will affect the abs things..or else no problem at all.
while going for R15 it will afffect the ride a little bit, but who cares that, little, when going for that wider tyres which gives us more grip and handling especially in corners.i think it wont affect u that much if not going lower profiles less than 60 in R15.
And about stocking to R14 or R15 is entirely ur decision.although if u are considering going for lower profile tyres then u are comprimising the ride quality.so think it and make a decision.
Also search around for these threads, there are plenty of swift alloy sections.......
Old 27th October 2007, 13:17   #10
BHPian

Pal
Buy the Michelin Certis... trust me the ride is good and treads look is fine.
185/65 R13
Old 27th October 2007, 17:42   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1ISTHE1 View Post
Pal
185/65 R13
A couple of things here:

1. Michelin Certis have been discontinued. Please do not buy them as anything offered to you in that design is bound to be old stock.

2. 185/65 R13 is an incorrect size for the Swift, please check before you recommend anything to others.
Old 27th October 2007, 18:43   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1ISTHE1 View Post
Pal
185/65 R13
The stock size is 14" and u are suggesting to downsize to 13"..?
Old 28th October 2007, 00:01   #13
Senior - BHPian

whats the broadest tyre size that can be put on swift, i am asking this on my cousin's behalf he has a swift ddis he wants the broadest one that will not harm the car much and preferably with higher profile tyres as his driver would be driving 60% of the time!
Old 28th October 2007, 00:25   #14
BHPian

Quote:

I'm basically looking for two things: good ground clearance and a less bumpier ride considering the roads we come across daily in mumbai

PortedHead: thanks for ur reply too, i'll definitely check out the one in santacruz. I know there are quite a few lined up at milan subway- any one in particular that you'd recommend there?

I recommend you to go in for the ABS version. It is more for safety than anything else. Dealer is bluffing you saying that is is not very useful. You will know the need when you are trying to stop your swift when you are driving @110kmph and suddenly you see a kid in front of you.
My2c
Old 28th October 2007, 12:54   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
whats the broadest tyre size that can be put on swift, i am asking this on my cousin's behalf he has a swift ddis he wants the broadest one that will not harm the car much and preferably with higher profile tyres as his driver would be driving 60% of the time!
I think he would do well with 205/55 r15. Wide enough to look good & the profile is high enough to tolerate our roads.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks