Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 30th June 2017, 18:01   #166
BHPian

Default Re: The right tyre pressure?

I haven't gone through the complete thread as this query must have been answered. Just for curiosity and as experiment, I tried to get tyre pressure checked at 3 different pumps which are very close to one another within a matter of 7-10 minutes. However at every pump the tyre pressure was different.

Pump 1 - checked and filled to 32 psi.

Pump 2 - checked (showed 29 psi) so filled to 32 psi.

Pump 3 - checked (showed 30 psi) so again filled up to 32 psi.

How can you come to know which of the three pumps filled the correct 32 psi?
Old 16th December 2018, 22:36   #167
BHPian

Can the experts tell me what is the correct tyre pressure in psi for 2.7 and 3.1 bar as indicated in the label below ? This is for the skoda kodiaq with tyre size of 235 55 R18. Google conversion suggests 39 and 44.96 psi which my gut tells me is too high, but i dont have any idea of this tyre size.
Attached Thumbnails
The right tyre pressure?-20181216_212800.jpg  

Old 16th December 2018, 23:54   #168
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay_ss View Post
Can the experts tell me what is the correct tyre pressure in psi for 2.7 and 3.1 bar as indicated in the label below ? This is for the skoda kodiaq with tyre size of 235 55 R18. Google conversion suggests 39 and 44.96 psi which my gut tells me is too high, but i dont have any idea of this tyre size.
I think if you are usually driving with 2-3 people and little or no luggage then 32psi would be ideal for your car.

The pressure you have mentioned is when the car is fully packed with people and luggage. Iím guessing that isnít as often hence for daily drives 32psi is good. Increase by few points if you are going on the highway with a full house.

I usually maintain 2psi points lower than the recommended as I usually drive alone or with one other person.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed