Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2005, 01:03   #31
Team-BHP Support

ru sure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
32 or 33 all around. If very good roads go for 33 otherwise 32. Fill up early morning when tyre is cold.
Frankly speaking I am finding the suggested pressures for Indica here a bit difficult to comprehend. My new Indica has stickers for 30psi and 28psi for the front and rear respectively. And it is a diesel Indica!

Now how is it possible that u ppl have such a big difference on ur stickers? Has the tyre profile changed on Indica lately? I am not sure, but do not think it has. In that case what explains the anomaly? On thing though is that the new Indica seems to have a softly sprung suspension compared to the previous ones (the earlier V2s). So that could be one reason Tata suggests 30psi front.

Of course I find the suggested 30psi front pressure a bit low for the diesel Indica. I fill 31-32psi front and 29-30psi at the rear. This feels ok. Another thing of course is that since I drive about 2-3 kms to reach the BP pump where I normally get the air pressure checked I guess the tyre actually heats up a bit and hence if fill around 31-32psi it actually comes close to the 30psi when cold (the recommended pressure).
Old 19th June 2006, 16:47   #32
BHPian

Hi,

I've recently changed my corsa 1.4 tyres to michilen 185/70 13.
car advised air pressure is 29. Should I stick to that or do I need to fill in more as the tyre size has been upsized.
Old 22nd June 2006, 09:44   #33

What will be right tyre pressure for Accent CRDI with 195/60 R14 tyres? I am maintaing 32psi is this right?
Old 22nd June 2006, 14:05   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys,

I've been searching around for a 2nd word on tyre pressures for the Hankook Ventus K102 195/55 R15 tyres I've put for my Swift Vxi. Car Shringar(from where I got them fitted) had said 30 psi all-around and I've been maintaining that. My driving is 50-50 city-hiway with only driver(me)

Any other recommendations will be appreciated.
Old 3rd August 2007, 16:34   #35
Team-BHP Support

Hi Team,

I drive an Ikon flair with the original tyres. I generally fill in 32 at front and 30 at the rear.

-- When is the best time to get your tyres filled ? After a longish drive or before ?

-- In case I get the pressure checked after, lets say, a 50 Km drive; then do I fill in more or less than the 32 , 30 psi ? Similarly, what about filling in first thing in the morning ( approx 3 km of driving ? )
Old 3rd August 2007, 22:13   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhir_d View Post
Hi,

I've recently changed my corsa 1.4 tyres to michilen 185/70 13.
car advised air pressure is 29. Should I stick to that or do I need to fill in more as the tyre size has been upsized.
I have the same size tyres on my OHC. Michelin's, I keep the pressure at 28 and the ride is great.
Old 4th August 2007, 10:14   #37
BHPian

Correct Inflation Pressure

Dear all

OE recommends Inflation pressure keeping so many factors in mind, they reach to this inflation pressure by undergoing so much R&D. Always stick to OE recommended pressure.

Actually inflation pressure works on PRESSURE VOLUME WORK DONE THEORY i.e. work done by air inside tyre = Pressure X Volume. So as the the volume increases, the pressure is to be reduced keeping the load same. Altough i have not been able to figure out the amount of change.
Examlpe:Hyundai's Santro, Accent, Sonata all three vehicles had 30 psi as recommended pressure.

Deviation: Whenever there is deviation from recommended pressure there will be excess wear on tyres.
Low I/P: low I/P will result in excessive heat generation in tyres and wear on the tyre shoulders will be more.
High I/P: will result in faster wear in the centres.

Highway driving: Whenever going for highway highspeed driving, always overinflate your tyres by 3-5% . This would avoid excessive heat generation in such conditions avoiding heat failures.

Happy and safe motoring.
Old 19th November 2007, 16:00   #38
BHPian

Hi All,
I am facing a problem in my Alto's Tyres. The pressure is getting reduced to much. I get it fiiled at around 33 psi and within a weeks time, it falls to 20 psi, all typres !!!
Can you suggest me what could be the reason and whats the remedy ???
I am using company fitted tyres only. My car is 4 months old !!
Thanks in advance
Old 19th November 2007, 16:45   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh159 View Post
Hi All,
I am facing a problem in my Alto's Tyres. The pressure is getting reduced to much. I get it fiiled at around 33 psi and within a weeks time, it falls to 20 psi, all typres !!!
Thanks in advance
Get your Alto's tyre valves checked.
Old 19th November 2007, 16:50   #40
BHPian

Hi Kpzen,
Thnks for the quick reply.
Sorry for the ignorance, should i go to some tyre shop or to Maruti workshop for getting checked the valves ?
Please suggest..
Old 19th November 2007, 17:13   #41
BHPian

This is one thread which i was searching for. You can always stick to the OE tyre pressure when your are on OE tyres. Most of the questions here are regarding an upgrade. I recently changed the 235/75/15 bridgestones (with tube) of Scorpio to 255/70/15 Michelin tubeless. The OE tyre pressure is 29/31 for the front & rear tyres respectively. I used to keep all at 29 as i drive alone mostly. I am continuing with 29 for the new set & now the question is, should i increase or decrease the pressure as the Size of the tyre has changed. The guy who did the wheel alignment suggested to reduce the pressure when you increase the size with some logic which i couldnt follow. what do you guys say?
Old 19th November 2007, 17:18   #42
Senior - BHPian

Apart from valves get it checked for pin puncture, I had the same problem, turned out to be a pin puncture.

A common way to check is pour some water continuously on the valve, you will see bubbles from around it(between the rim and valve) and tyre deflating completely in front of your eyes (keep spare in hand). It amounts to pin puncture.

Quote:
Hi All,
Thanks in advance
Old 19th November 2007, 17:22   #43

Hi , I have a new Optra Magnum , want to know what is the right type pressure. The door sticker says 28 for all tyres , but the showroom guy said 28 for front and 30 for rear tyres. who is right ?
Old 19th November 2007, 17:23   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Kpzen,
Thnks for the quick reply.
Sorry for the ignorance, should i go to some tyre shop or to Maruti workshop for getting checked the valves ?
Please suggest..
No need to goto a Maruti workshop for this.
U could go to any good tyrewallah in your nearby locality or any good petrol pumps..
BTW which tyres do u have? Jk or MRF..??
Old 19th November 2007, 18:05   #45
BHPian

I have upgraded my Truck's (Safari) tire from stock 235/70 R16 to 255/65 R16. Manual says 32 and 30 which is for Stock size what should be the PSI for up-sized ones?

Most Viewed