Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2008, 18:29   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I am running ES100's on my Vtec since a year and 10K kilometers now. No issues at all.....gotta love the grip levels.
Old 27th February 2008, 18:52   #17
BHPian

Perhaps you could consider going to a different vendor. Maybe that vendor has a lot that are defective. So, a different vendor may be able to provide something from a different lot.
Old 27th February 2008, 21:22   #18
Awaiting Email Confirmation

It relates to bad luck I have had 2 brand new 100 km driven S drives get side wall cuts, coz of stones on the road, relax its not the tyres. it happens to alot of people, we are using international standards of tyres on indian standard roads, its a miracle they even last. Just stick to yoko. However try the S drives...highly recommend them.
Old 27th February 2008, 22:16   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naman View Post
I'm put up in f'bad. Is there a reliable team-bhp tyre source there who could look up the tyres in person and see if there is some other problem and can provide me with michelins.

I hop I made things clear. Let me know for further clarifications.
Yes, that makes things clear. Seems like either your driving style or your roads are not too kind on the tyres hence the repeated failure since the ES's otherwise are reputed to be quite sturdy tyres & a lot of bhpian's have been using them without any complaints.

KP is based in Faridabad but is on holiday down South right now so you'll have to wait till he returns. I think Haryana Tyres is a recommended dealer in Faridabad. If however this is urgent & you need dealer references in South Delhi, PM me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
As for the incident which you had(3 bursts) can you tell me whether it was the Same rim?
If all three bursts were on the same rim, it could be a rim related problem.
Now if it was the same rim, did that rim get hot while running?
Chances of that happening are quite low Tanveer because 1. He has Enkei alloys which are of good quality & 2. Tyre failure in tubeless tyres is rarely if ever caused by wheel problems.

Also, see how the sidewalls are developng a tear which points to either a rough driving style or bad road or a combination of both.
Old 27th February 2008, 22:54   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
Yes, that makes things clear. Seems like either your driving style or your roads are not too kind on the tyres hence the repeated failure.

Also, see how the sidewalls are developng a tear which points to either a rough driving style or bad road or a combination of both.
Well I won't say that I drive too rough. The two cuts caused by me are on the inside wall of the tyres. I think I've to be in-accurate in hitting the edges of the potholes. The third one was courtesy our driver and it was on the outer edge and how he got it remains a mystery.

As far as the roads are concerned, 1 km patch outside are home is complete gravel. So that's traveled everyday although at very low speeds. Also, till now the car has been to three long out-station hill visits each approx. a 1200 kms and had to face patches of very bad roads. I think these might be the adding factor to the tyres getting worn out so early.

Naman
Old 28th February 2008, 00:14   #21
Senior - BHPian

I agree with the tyre burst issue.. I run the ES100's myself and I suffered a similar tyre burst under similar circumstances - IN this case the pothole was an extremely small (about 5 Inches Dia - and about the same deep ) yet it took one of my front tyres out!

And yes, these tyres last only 25K with good tyre-care habits. (balancing/alignment/rotation etc) I used to use Michelin MXF Sport tyres earlier. While the ES100's reduced the steering effort, the grip (and the resulting confidence) was nowhere close. The wet performance of the ES100s is/was really really pathetic when compared to those Michelins - in my personal experience.

In my experience (albeit limited) with tyres bad roads, nothing came close to the Goodyears on ride comfort! (forget which one exactly though)

I may be switching to Michellins myself.

While we are at it can anyone highlight what exactly is bad about the MRF tyres?

Last edited by kb100 : 28th February 2008 at 00:16.
Old 28th February 2008, 02:43   #22

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post

He has Enkei alloys which are of good quality
Actually the nhc vtec has alloys made by Hindalco and not Enkei.Its just that hindalco is making them according to enkei standards.
Old 29th February 2008, 12:37   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I am running ES100's on my Vtec since a year and 10K kilometers now. No issues at all.....gotta love the grip levels.
crazy ! personally i don't like the ES 100's ONE bit.
Go Yokohama S drive's at the least !
Completely different technology package.
Old 29th February 2008, 13:00   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Chances of that happening are quite low Tanveer because 1. He has Enkei alloys which are of good quality & 2. Tyre failure in tubeless tyres is rarely if ever caused by wheel problems.
I am not faulting the rims, I am trying to figure out if he has a bearing or brake pad heat issue which is cooking the rims.
When my car had bad bearings the tire used to get unbearably hot after few kms of running. Changing the bearings fixed the issue.
Old 29th February 2008, 19:53   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I am not faulting the rims, I am trying to figure out if he has a bearing or brake pad heat issue which is cooking the rims.
When my car had bad bearings the tire used to get unbearably hot after few kms of running. Changing the bearings fixed the issue.
hey,

It has happened on front left wheel but i don't think this is the problem. I checked the wheels after 50 odd kms. It wasn't too hot and similar to the right one.

And it was not like the whole tyre bursting all of a sudden. I got small cut on sidewall after hitting a pothole. After that the tyre lost air but there wasn't bursting and hence no loss of control.

Tyre dealer in Lajpat Nagar quoting Rs 3890/- per piece for 195/60-14 Michelin Energy XM1. Please let me know if this price is ok !!

Naman
Old 1st March 2008, 10:55   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naman View Post
hey,

It has happened on front left wheel but i don't think this is the problem. I checked the wheels after 50 odd kms. It wasn't too hot and similar to the right one.

And it was not like the whole tyre bursting all of a sudden. I got small cut on sidewall after hitting a pothole. After that the tyre lost air but there wasn't bursting and hence no loss of control.

Tyre dealer in Lajpat Nagar quoting Rs 3890/- per piece for 195/60-14 Michelin Energy XM1. Please let me know if this price is ok !!

Naman
One of my frens got 195/60 R14 A.drive from lajpat nagar for 3500/-....good reviews...
Old 1st March 2008, 23:42   #27
Senior - BHPian

Naman
I'm back in fbd. PM me if u want to meet up tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyneverdie View Post
crazy ! personally i don't like the ES 100's ONE bit.
Go Yokohama S drive's at the least !
Completely different technology package.
??????
Are S drives available in that size?
Old 2nd March 2008, 21:06   #28
BHPian

Hi friends,

I got 2 new Michelins Energy XM1 from Lajpat Nagar yesterday.

They seem good, although would be able to judge them completely after a few hundred kms on them. The difference in the road noise is very very apparent and they are so quiet. I just love it.

Thanks to everybody for helping me out and especially ishan for getting me a good deal.

Moderators, may kindly close the thread.

Regards,
Naman
Old 5th March 2008, 14:46   #29
BHPian

Hey ppl,

I didn't know that Enery XM1+ had already been launched. I've already bought XMs. Is it worth to get the set of XM1 to XM1+.

What's the price difference between the 2. I had paid Rs 3890/- per tyre with B&W for 195/60-14 size.

How much might I need to pay more for changing to XM1+. Also on the XMs car has hardly done 100 kms as I had got it done just 4 days before.

Please reply asap before the tyre runs in too much.

Naman
Old 5th March 2008, 22:07   #30
Senior - BHPian

There is minor difference between the tyres so either of them is fine. If the dealer is willing to exchange without too much expense to you then I would suggest you go in for it otherwise stick to the current ones.

Which dealer did you pick these up from?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks