Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2009, 16:47   #16
Senior - BHPian

Just for the record, the thread starter has changed to Goodyear NCT5 tyres long time back, and is very happy with them.
He sold the GT3s to the same dealer he bought them from.
All's well that end's well?
Old 13th March 2009, 09:32   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
sgiitk I agree with every word you say and apologize for having doubted your knowledge on tyres. You have the last word my friend, I retract my statements.
Thanks. My guess is that they have some specified air loss rate, and the tyre came out a shade worse. I have four Tubeless Bridgestones B350's on my Accent (one is tubed since a tubeless was not available at that point). While two of them are fine a couple lose more air that I will like. One of them loses almost 1psi a day!
Old 14th March 2009, 02:10   #18
BHPian

Guys, thanks a lot for all those posts. Just to let you know that the GT3 "Tubeless" tyres that I had,( while I started the thread) were not so bad either. However, I had 2 incidents of sidewall burst, while I hit water filled potholes at night at 50-60kmph, both occasions.

Weak sidewall, I think is a known problem for GT3s

However, I have happily shifted to Goodyear Eagle NCT5 Tubeless 185/60 R14 tyres 4 months back, and more than satisfied with the tyres.
Old 21st May 2009, 16:02   #19

sure the dealer has taken you for a ride

any stock radial tyre ( tube type) can be used as tubeless since the construction is not that different except on the chlorobutyl inner liner. The tubeless will have a specially formulated CB liner which will prevent permeation of air, where as normal tube tyre also have another type of CB formulation. It also will work as far as permeation is concerned but not to the level of tubeless tyres. I am a tyre technologist and you can count my words. thanks
Old 4th February 2011, 13:33   #20
BHPian

Quality issues with Goodyear GT3??

Hello,

My car is an year old which came with Goodyear GT3 tubeless tyres. Recently I had noticed that the sidewall of LF tyre has developed a crack. The mileage of the car is 20880 kms. I've just replaced it with the stand-by tyre now.
Did any of you guys faced similar issues with Goodyear GT3?

Also, few weeks back, both my low-beam headlamps blew off almost in a time frame of 15 days. Got them replaced.

My car is Indica Vista. I think there is severe quality issue with the tata.
Meanwhile I'll try to get the picture of my cracked tyre.

Thanks,
cosmos
Old 4th February 2011, 15:42   #21
Team-BHP Support

re: Quality issues with Goodyear GT3??

Surprising! 1 year is hardly any time for either of the problems.

About the tyre, are you sure the tyre did not scrape anywhere or any external factor (someone doing it, parking the car tilted for a prolonged time etc) that might have caused the crack?

Do check the fuses; something wrong there could cause the lamps blowing off; although very distant.
Old 4th February 2011, 16:26   #22
Senior - BHPian

Re: Quality issues with Goodyear GT3??

I don't know the tyre series , but I'm also not satisfied by the grip levels of my goodyear tyres. On one hand it has made life easy for my Non-power steered Alto , but I'm skeptical about going hard on tires !
Old 4th February 2011, 21:59   #23
BHPian

Re: Quality issues with Goodyear GT3??

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmos View Post
Recently I had noticed that the sidewall of LF tyre has developed a crack.
Do post a pic.I'm being presumptive here,but in all probability it's a sidewall cut.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks