Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2011, 12:26   #16
BHPian

re: Hyundai Accent : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Will a 165/80 on 14" rims fit the Accent? Or will it be too high profile and touch? Stock size on the Accent was 175/70 R13.

Last edited by lynx : 15th January 2011 at 12:35.
Old 15th January 2011, 15:36   #17
BHPian

I did some calculations for the above. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Stock accent is 175/70/R13 which works out to 330.2mm (Rim) + 122.5mm x2 (Tyre Sidewall Height x 2) = Total 575.2mm.
The accent now runs 195/60/R14 without any problems, making it 355.6mm + 117mm x2 = Total 589.6mm.
The 165/80/R14 would be 355.6mm + 128mm x2 = Total 611.6mm.

That is a difference of 22mm from the present setup on the accent and 36.4mm from the stock.

Will it work?
Old 23rd December 2011, 14:44   #18
BHPian

Accent CRDI : Upsizing, please suggest a good tyres

Hello Guys, I have a 2005 Accent CRDi, all the tryes have got completely flat after running for 90k KM. I was planning to get Alloy wheels move up the size from 13 inch stock rims to atleast 14 inch. These were the options recommended by the spreadsheet

Stock: 175/70-13

Recommended:
185/60-14 195/55-14 205/55-14

Which would be the best option to ensure that ride quality and FE do not get affected?

If I move to 205/55-14, will it significantly impact the FE?

And which tyre will fulfill, my requirements the best, good ride quality, Decent Grip and Fuel Economy?

Last edited by Jaggu : 23rd December 2011 at 14:59. Reason: Please use Search before opening a new thread. Thanks
Old 24th December 2011, 20:48   #19
BHPian

How about going in for 15 inch wheels, 205/50/15, will the ride be too hard? will it significantly effect ride quality?
Old 28th December 2011, 13:40   #20
BHPian

Please gurus. answer my queries and help me out here. I need to change the alloys and the tyres in my car ASAP..
Old 14th June 2012, 03:49   #21
Geo
BHPian

Has anybody upgraded to alloy wheels on Accent recently? Could you share the pricing details, if you have done so?

Also, if somebody has upsized to 185 or 195, has it affected the petrol consumption of the car drastically?
Old 18th June 2012, 14:14   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Has anybody upgraded to alloy wheels on Accent recently? Could you share the pricing details, if you have done so?

Also, if somebody has upsized to 185 or 195, has it affected the petrol consumption of the car drastically?
If you are concerned on fuel economy, stock size is recommended.

Hope you have the 13", it could cost around 15-18K for a set of 4 decent wheels. There are cheaper ones but hearnd its not so reliable. Costlier ones are obviously there but not woth trying unless you intend to use the car for longer terms.
Old 18th June 2012, 14:46   #23
Geo
BHPian

Thanks Jacs.

I bought a set of 4 Bridgestone PSR 175/70 R13 82S tyres for 15,600. Got my old tyres taken back for 300 Rs, and got wheel alignment and balncing free done free of cost. So happy overall
Old 25th August 2012, 15:30   #24
BHPian

All Tyre models of a particular brand.. at same price??

I am looking for new tyres (175/70/R13) for my Hyundai Accent ...
I have inquired about the various brands and have been quoted the following prices by a shop in Rohini/Pitampura:
Bridgestone Turanza - ER 60 .. INR 4500
Yokohama A Drive - INR 3900
Bridgestone S322- INR 4200
Michelin XM2 - INR 4400

The guy said that alignment/ balancing/ nitrogen gas would be provided free, and he will also buy back the tires. He will also be giving the warranty cards for all the tyres.

Now, I went to this other shop in Pitampura, and was amazed when the owner told me:

Sardar ji : INR 3600 .. for S322 Bridgestone.
I : What about Turanza ...??
Sardar Ji: You can buy any model .. Turanza, Potenza, S322.. we charge the same!
I : How can all the models be similar price?
Sardar Ji: The company charges the same for all the models. It is the shopkeepers who mark it up. We are the distributors, and distribute to the others in Rohini etc. We operate on scale. (Economies of scale).. They make a profit of 800 per tyre.. we are satisfied with INR 200 per tyre.

Q1 Can the claims made by the sardar ji be trusted... S322 and Turanza at the same price? He also said he would give bill/ warranty.
<<Yes, I would check the month/year of mfg, whenI go to buy>>

Q2 Any idea what price are these BS Turanza, Yokohama tires available for these days?

Q3 Any idea how much would 95k run tyres may be sold for?? I understand it may depend upon the condition.. but still vague .. minimum estimated price?

Thanks a lot for reading this post.
Would appreciate if you could answer any of my questions listed above.
I am looking to get the tires fitted next Saturday.

Last edited by hbaruas : 25th August 2012 at 15:35. Reason: Added Q3
Old 26th August 2012, 00:29   #25
Senior - BHPian

Re: All Tyre models of a particular brand.. at same price??

95k done tyres won't fetch anything above 50/- each.

Regarding all tyres model of particular brand at same price is doubtful, Prices vary from tyre to tyre.

For keeping a check on price, I'll suggest you to visit changemytyre.com

All tyres and prices available at a click.

I suggest you to go ahead with yoko's or Michelin and you can't go wrong with any of them. I am using Michelin's on my Accent.

Hope this helps.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please avoid quoting an entire large post. It inconveniences our small screen & mobile readers.

Cheers,
Sameer

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 26th August 2012 at 19:55.
Old 26th August 2012, 15:25   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbaruas View Post
Now, I went to this other shop in Pitampura...
We are the distributors...
Very tough to fake a genuine tyre. I'd probably trust the guy. Would you kindly share the address of this distributor either in the open forum or through a PM?
Old 26th August 2012, 18:24   #27
kkg
BHPian

Was this shop in Pitampura or Shalimar Bagh?

Because I know one sardarji in Shalimar Bagh who is genuine distributor and is a reliable guy.
Old 26th August 2012, 23:06   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
95k done tyres won't fetch anything above

For keeping a check on price, I'll suggest you to visit changemytyre.com

All tyres and prices available at a click.

I suggest you to go ahead with yoko's or Michelin and you can't go wrong with any of them. I am using Michelin's on my Accent.

Hope this helps.
I have been checking the rates on Changemytyre.com, which is in the ballpark of what the first dealer told me. But the dealer also said that Changemytyre does not give warranty cards ??? Any inputs from anyone in this regard??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Very tough to fake a genuine tyre. I'd probably trust the guy. Would you kindly share the address of this distributor either in the open forum or through a PM?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkg View Post
Was this shop in Pitampura or Shalimar Bagh?

Because I know one sardarji in Shalimar Bagh who is genuine distributor and is a reliable guy.
The shop's is in Pitampura ... named Tyre Complex.. near City Park Hotel !

Can't make up my mind whether to trust this guy or not ?
Old 23rd October 2012, 21:25   #29
BHPian

Just thought to update the thread now that I have actually purchased the tyres.
I went to the Sardarji, .. after speaking continuously for 15 minutes he still did not show me the tyres I requested i.e. Turanza/ XM2.

With the rates he told over the phone INR 3500 (anonymous call I gave after the visit to his shop a week before), he started with showing the Goodyears... BS Taxi Driver (which is the Grey market version of S322) etc.
When I told him I am looking specifically for Michelin / BS .. he got his guys to to show some Michelin tyre (Michelin Cinturo ... or some model starting with C). Thinking I was a novice he kept harping on the fact that he is selling Michelin for such cheap price. I then pointed out that the tyre was a Feb 10 make , and he said that is not the tyre code. But confident and armed with my knowledge from the Home work I had done, I requested him not to fool me !
Then he started throwing some random arguments that the brands put the older date, to pass on some benefit to the customer and avoid un-necessary taxes etc.
I did not buy his argument, and asked him to give me a similar tyre with 2012 manufacturing date and I will buy all 4. Sardarji then suggested that I will then have to pay 400 INR extra per tyre for a 2012 make.

Back to square one !!

That is the reason he is selling cheap .. because he keeps quite old stock available with him !

I left the shop, and got 4 XM2's (175/70/13R Tubeless) fitted from another shop in Pitampura.
INR 17600 (without exchange)

Last edited by hbaruas : 23rd October 2012 at 21:38.
hbaruas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2015, 15:52   #30
BHPian

Re: Falkens on Accent CRDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Guys,

I changed all the 4 tyres on my Accent CRDi from Appollo Amazer 175/70/R13 tubed type to Falken 175/70/R13 tubeless on stock steel rims.

Appollo has done only 25K KMs and has life left to run another 10K easily but it started to behave very badly in terms of road handling. My preference was for Bridgestone or Michelin but ended up with Falken which i got a fantastic deal.

Falkens are performance tyres and very good in terms of handling. Drove 600KMs on them and they simply satisfied me. Dealer told me Falkens/Yokos (imported) wont give good mileage like indian tyres (10-15% less life compared to Indian makes) but I paid only 60% price (discount for old batch before brand change) so no worries.
hi, i know its an old thread, but which tyre from Falken did you use, and would you still suggest Falkens (Sincera sn835 - 170/70R13, for Getz GL)???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks