Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2008, 13:08   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
... I know who have been satisfied with them. Some fellow Kolkata BHPians have F1 GSD2s on their cars, and they haven't complained. ... But I would humbly request others to base their advice on personal experience rather than on what they read about.
I second that.

@1100D runs F1 GSD2 on his Ikon 1.6
@Ace6120 on his OHC VTEC
Me on my Baleno
@BlackPearl on his Baleno

None, IIRC, have any major complaints about the tyres. Of these, BP has recently got his set, the others have been using them for > 1 yr surely.

Yes they are noisy and yes they might wear out a tad quicker. The tread-wear rating, at 200, is the lowest I have seen. If I'm not wrong, it indicates that they are among the softest tyres. GSD3, I think, has a tread-wear rating of 240.

But for all practical purposes they do a damn good job, in the dry and wet. All 4 users mentioned above are pretty spirited drivers.

And, they cost the least. For eg, Rs. 900+ less than PP1s. For 4 tyres, that's equal to a Rs. 3600+ difference. Enough to buy a 5th F1

Last edited by shuvc : 26th May 2008 at 13:11.
Old 26th May 2008, 13:29   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But I would humbly request others to base their advice on personal experience rather than on what they read about.
And no, I have no personal inclination towards Goodyear.

I haven't read any reviews on the F1 GSD3s. Has anyone used them? If so, what's the verdict?
well i havent had any experience with any f1 but i do have gps2s on my getz and they are utter nonsense. loud noise, no grip, lock up even under moderate braking. so it is some personal experience.
Old 26th May 2008, 15:39   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I haven't read any reviews on the F1 GSD3s. Has anyone used them? If so, what's the verdict?
GTO had used them on his C220 before shifting on to PP2's, I think the review is there on his car's thread. Verdict wasn't too good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Yes they are noisy and yes they might wear out a tad quicker. The tread-wear rating, at 200, is the lowest I have seen. If I'm not wrong, it indicates that they are among the softest tyres. GSD3, I think, has a tread-wear rating of 240.

And, they cost the least. For eg, Rs. 900+ less than PP1s. For 4 tyres, that's equal to a Rs. 3600+ difference. Enough to buy a 5th F1
Shuv, again it's a question of priorities also. Different people want different things & while some spend lakhs on ICE or modifications but still drive on stock tyres others spend a fortune on tyres & wheels and skimp on the ICE!

I don't mind buying expensive tyres since given a choice I would rather pay a premium & get better tyres as they rank highest in my list of priorities!
Old 26th May 2008, 16:16   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Shuv, again it's a question of priorities also. Different people want different things & while some spend lakhs on ICE or modifications but still drive on stock tyres others spend a fortune on tyres & wheels and skimp on the ICE!
Wholeheartedly agree on the priorities angle. The gang here keeps taking jabs at my ICE expenditure

I've used the NCT5s and the F1s. Used the NCT5s for 12K kms, and the F1s have completed 20K kms and going strong. I have not had the opportunity to compare many tyres - hence I don't say this-is-better-than-that.

However based on my experience of the F1s, through corners, on braking, 120kmph in torrential rain, at 180kmph in the dry, on long drives, over bad Kolkata roads etc etc - I would go so far to say that they seem pretty decent tyres for the average quick driver.

Sure, there might be better and more expensive 195/60/14s out there - but I personally cannot say that the GSD2s are crap tyres for Rs. 3200.
Old 2nd June 2008, 01:25   #20
Senior - BHPian

vrooooooom... how about some updates?
Old 2nd June 2008, 06:10   #21
Senior - BHPian

Yes please. Report and pictures?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks