Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2010, 00:19   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab500 View Post
The Answer to all your problems is Trever Pimenta, Ive been getting my cars done by him since 1997. His company is called Staright Line and his number is 9819350995. He is located in Santacruz West, give him a call and tell him that I passed on his number.

Anand
Any other details - Which equipment does he use ? and how much does he charge ?
Old 7th April 2016, 18:37   #32
fry

Re: Hunter Wheel alignment in Bombay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
My dad is the dealer of Hunter.

I'll find out where these machines are setup. He's busy right now.
Hi Nikhil!

Are you or your father, still involved with Hunter?
Any 2016 opinions for John Beam vs Hunter (3d Allignment).

I appreciate many of your posts. An honest tyre dealer is always appreciated by me

I wish I had spoken to you earlier, I just purchased 4 Conti MC5 s for my soon to be delivered EcoSport. I need stock size upgrades for now. This seems to be the best for now.
I could only find 2014 Vredsteins therefore I dropped that idea.

I will upgrade in the future, will harrow you then!

Thanks a ton & have a nice day Sir....

PS: Any insiders opinions or secret knowledge you want to pass around please feel free to!
Old 11th April 2016, 11:37   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fry View Post
Hi Nikhil!

Are you or your father, still involved with Hunter?
Any 2016 opinions for John Beam vs Hunter (3d Allignment).

I appreciate many of your posts. An honest tyre dealer is always appreciated by me

I wish I had spoken to you earlier, I just purchased 4 Conti MC5 s for my soon to be delivered EcoSport. I need stock size upgrades for now. This seems to be the best for now.
I could only find 2014 Vredsteins therefore I dropped that idea.

I will upgrade in the future, will harrow you then!

Thanks a ton & have a nice day Sir....

PS: Any insiders opinions or secret knowledge you want to pass around please feel free to!
Hi,

I would like to issue a clear disclaimer first: Since we are dealers of Hunter, my views might be biased. So, keep that in mind. I will try to be as objective as possible.

In the last few years, the gap between Hunter and all the other brands have widened considerably. Hunter's entry level 3D wheel alignment system costs about 8 lakhs whereas John Bean/Hofmann, along with other brands sell for around 3.5 lakhs. They sell a whole package of Aligner, Balancer and Tyre Changer for around 5 lakhs.

They are no longer competing with Hunter. Hunter is in the higher end of the market and JBC is now competing for marketshare with other brands like Manatec, Elgi and a zillion others in that price range.

So, technically, there is no comparison.

Most high end workshops use Hunter. Porsche, JLR, MB, Audi, BMW (the newer ones) generally use Hunter Aligners.

If you have any specific question I will try to answer.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 11:52   #34
fry

Quote:
Hi,

I would like to issue a clear disclaimer first: Since we are dealers of Hunter, my views might be biased. So, keep that in mind. I will try to be as objective as possible.

In the last few years, the gap between Hunter and all the other brands have widened considerably. Hunter's entry level 3D wheel alignment system costs about 8 lakhs whereas John Bean/Hofmann, along with other brands sell for around 3.5 lakhs. They sell a whole package of Aligner, Balancer and Tyre Changer for around 5 lakhs.

They are no longer competing with Hunter. Hunter is in the higher end of the market and JBC is now competing for marketshare with other brands like Manatec, Elgi and a zillion others in that price range.

So, technically, there is no comparison.

Most high end workshops use Hunter. Porsche, JLR, MB, Audi, BMW (the newer ones) generally use Hunter Aligners.

If you have any specific question I will try to answer.
Fortunately, SC Ford uses the Hunter PA100 System!
I did a scout on saturday.

They have a J B Balancer, a non-functioning Nitrogen filling system, and the Hunter PA100.

The manager seemed to be an engineer. I asked him to ensure that the tyres are mounted perfectly. Very few people do so.

This appears to be the most concise article I could find on that subject.

https://www.yokohamatire.com/tires-1...match-mounting
http://blobs.continental-tires.com/w...kings-data.pdf

Maruti seems to be mounting correctly these days.
My Ford which was in the stock yard seemed to be mounted very messily (with regards to the red/yellow dot).

It really upsets me. I know what a well-balanced system feels like.

Thank you for the gyaan man...much appreciated!

Last edited by fry : 11th April 2016 at 12:18.
fry is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2018, 14:30   #35
BHPian

Hi .. wanted to run a wheel balancing + alignment on my BMW. Any suggestions on where the latest hunter machines are available for a proper alignment?
Old 17th July 2018, 14:34   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverhick View Post
Hi .. wanted to run a wheel balancing + alignment on my BMW. Any suggestions on where the latest hunter machines are available for a proper alignment?
Infinity BMW uses a hunter Aligner in at least one of their branches for sure. Not too sure about a wheel balancer.

The latest Wheel Aligner is also at Pal Tyres, Santa Cruz. There's also a new CEAT Shoppe in Borivali which uses a Hunter Aligner and Balancer.

EDIT: Worli branch is using the Hunter Aligner. Turbhe is using an old CCD Aligner and Mahalaxmi doesnt have an Aligner. The cars go to Worli for alignment I believe.

Last edited by Nikhilb2008 : 17th July 2018 at 14:55.
Old 17th July 2018, 15:05   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Infinity BMW uses a hunter Aligner in at least one of their branches for sure. Not too sure about a wheel balancer.

The latest Wheel Aligner is also at Pal Tyres, Santa Cruz. There's also a new CEAT Shoppe in Borivali which uses a Hunter Aligner and Balancer.

EDIT: Worli branch is using the Hunter Aligner. Turbhe is using an old CCD Aligner and Mahalaxmi doesnt have an Aligner. The cars go to Worli for alignment I believe.

I used get work done at Turbhe - but gave up on them once they fired some of their top techs.

Pal Tyres seem closer than the rest - but they don't have the balancer? Just for knowledge, is the wheel balancing equipment required to be as high end as the aligners?
Old 13th February 2020, 02:16   #38
BHPian

I am in a desperate need to find a good 3D wheel alignment services in Mumbai. Please let me know any good shop having the facilities. I live in Chembur.

Also, why does Mumbai do not have an MRF tyres and services franchise? I have heard good things about them.
Old 13th February 2020, 13:53   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTitan47 View Post
I am in a desperate need to find a good 3D wheel alignment services in Mumbai. Please let me know any good shop having the facilities. I live in Chembur.
Check at Auto Nova, near Wasan. He is a Michelin tyres dealer.
Quote:
Also, why does Mumbai do not have an MRF tyres and services franchise? I have heard good things about them.
I purchased MRF tyres from Amar Tyres opposite DY Patil in Nerul. It is an MRF franchise.
Old 13th February 2020, 15:03   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyencar View Post
Check at Auto Nova, near Wasan. He is a Michelin tyres dealer.
Thanks, I will check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyencar View Post
I purchased MRF tyres from Amar Tyres opposite DY Patil in Nerul. It is an MRF franchise.

Thanks for the info. I will contact them and inquire about availability of 3D alignment services. Still, can't understand why MRF does not list any outlet in Mumbai on https://www.mrftyresandservice.com/?
Old 23rd February 2020, 11:40   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

As someone else mentioned, you can go to Autonova. Run by two youngsters who are really passionate about the business. A few friends went there and came back happy.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2020, 14:00   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for quoting an old post, Most Maruti workshops offlate have moved to Hunter alignment machines. Earlier it used to be Precision/Manatec ones. Pic from a new workshop:

Hunter Wheel alignment in Bombay?-img20190612wa0004.jpg

Precision for other equipments:

Hunter Wheel alignment in Bombay?-img20190612wa0024.jpg
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 15:51   #43
Senior - BHPian

Any contacts of latest Hunter wheel alignment centres in Mumbai /Thane/ Navi Mumbai area with capabilities for all four wheels alignment ?
Old 30th January 2022, 21:45   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Any contacts of latest Hunter wheel alignment centres in Mumbai /Thane/ Navi Mumbai area with capabilities for all four wheels alignment ?
Use this link

https://hunterindia.com/locator/
Bibendum90949 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2022, 21:45   #45
BHPian

Straight line at santacruz East!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks