Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2008, 12:28   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Scorp - What is more important to you? A few thousand rupees or your life in event of a tyre failure? The choice is yours to make my friend. But if I were you, I would spend a few thousand more primarily for the peace of mind that it would give me.
I think we are getting carried away here. I am sure no one would mind spending a couple of thousands if it was brought to his attention that something (in this case GT tyres) was bad and they had some real bad expereince or accident etc using these. But I am yet to hear from anyone having had a bad experience. I am just trying to gather more info. At the end of this exercise I may go for Bridgestone or Michelin, but I am just exhausting my other prospect (GT Radial).

Btw, do you know of any good tyre shop (other than the dealers, who quote standard rates) in Pune who can give a good deal on Bridgestones.

I still have some 4-5K left on my tyres and can wait for a good deal.

Also here is another interesting read, a bad exp even with Michelin
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...m1-energy.html

Thanks for your comments, all these help the decision making process.
Old 19th August 2008, 15:45   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp72 View Post

I have also PMed Harsh87 and waiting to hear on his experience with this brand.
I got a reply from Harsh. Here is what he thinks:

"I had champiro 65 on my santro for about 4000kms. I changed these as I had very close shaves missing the car in front by inches. These tyres have no grip whatsoever. I would strictly recommend staying away from them."

So one more convert to Bridgestone ... or is it Michelin ?

Guys, now can anyone help me with some good dealer in Pune for Bridgestones.

Thanks,
Old 21st August 2008, 11:15   #18
BHPian

Gurus, any help on tyre dealers for Bridgestone in Pune.
Old 21st August 2008, 12:27   #19
BHPian

I'm looking for a change in tires on my Santro. I've been using Bridgestone since the last nine years but now want to switch over. Which one I should go in for ?
I've been prefering goodyear
Old 24th August 2008, 19:21   #20
BHPian

Ok. I could'nt wait to get the best deal with help from fellow BHPians (which never came). Nevertheless, I got myself a change of shoes for my Corsa.

So below is information on my search for a good deal.

I checked out most of the shops in Pune - Unitread, Eastern (both on East Street), the Bridgestone dealers in Pune (one in Wanowari, I think it was Bharat or something ), Mehta's and Darshan Tyres. In the end, got the best deal from Darshan Tyres - Rs 12000/- for a set of 4 Bridgestone Turanza ER-60. This included alignment and balancing and also the trade-off on my old tyres.

Got to know that the localites are lazy when attending to the customer. Unlike say a
North Indian Punjabi, who will not allow a customer to go empty handed. Anyway, that is besides the point.
Another iinteresting point is that in every shop that I enquired about Bridgestone, they invariably showed me Yokos as an alternative. Not sur eif they get a better margin on those or what
Have not driven much with the new tyres. But can feel the ride is smooth with less noise from my earlier Bridgestone S322's (those were very good as well & served me well).
Will update my experience on these later.
Old 30th December 2010, 23:53   #21
BANNED

Re: GT Radial - Anyone who has prior experience with this brand.

Ressurecting an old thread.
I have heard some pretty good reviews of this tyre. Expecting a complete review from Dinar soon.

Here's a review from the net.
http://www.tyretest.com/pkw_sommerre..._50/index.html

Last edited by Live To Jive : 30th December 2010 at 23:55.
Old 31st December 2010, 03:22   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
Ressurecting an old thread.
I have heard some pretty good reviews of this tyre. Expecting a complete review from Dinar soon.

Here's a review from the net.
Test reports for summer car tyres GT Radial - CHAMPIRO 50
Dinar and nc1bad drove an esteem flat out on the road between hubli and ankola (via yellapur) and they were cornering at 100-110 kmph and the tires held on pretty well , and the roads were rough and had the occasional pothole too! If they can do all that without getting cuts in the sidewalls , i think they're good enough.

The reasoning is simple - they hold the road better than similar sized MRF ZVTS/JK Ultima/Bridgestone S3XX and cost much less - so I'd rather buy a GT-Radial than a ZVTS as they cost a whole lot less!

I think there are different models of the Champiro GT-Radials, the tire that nc1bad and dinar use is the CHAMPIRO 50 - Its a uni-directional tyre , there maybe other models which might not be as good.

Last edited by techn0l0gist : 31st December 2010 at 03:25.
Old 4th May 2011, 22:18   #23
BHPian

A recent Experience from a friend who was running his Swift Vdi on GT Champiro, which when I asked a few months ago he said are very cheap and last long as well.
When I drove his car, I felt that the grip was lacking and the car was not really following the steering, there was a slide the rear on a right hander at 40 kmph.
Also braking was worse than my Car which had older tyres (Goodyear GT3 - 16K kms).
This friend recently had an accident when returning from Mulshi. It was in a ghat section where he took a turn at a decent speed (30-40 kmph). It was not a sharp turn but a smooth curve. He lost the rear completely and crashed the car. While it was not a total w/o repairs cost him 30K over insurance. He mentioned that the road was not wet (mid winter) and there was no oil or anything that would make him lose traction.

I would say it is better to buy an MRF, JK or Appollo than this crap made by a Thailand company which is unheard of.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks