Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2008, 20:59   #61
BHPian

such beautiful roads ,can easily be mistaken for some place outside India. ( or may be too less cattle on the road )
Old 26th August 2008, 21:40   #62
BHPian

OT: Thats for another post dude. Will catch up with u for a discussion soon.
Old 27th August 2008, 15:34   #63
Senior - BHPian

mohith:yes will definitely have to catchup on that.coz you see i have a lot in mind.by the time the things get reliable i might have some cash to spend on some serious stuff.
Old 27th August 2008, 20:41   #64
BHPian

hey Navpreet, howz your CBZ doin ?
Old 27th August 2008, 22:57   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
manan:i was speaking out of my experience in my sister's swift which has HID's and well i nearly got myself killed in the fog due to the HID's dispersion.i have no idea whats its temp but its the Phillips ones which have both high and low set into one HID.they have a motor to pull the bulb in when i beam is activated and the beam goes high.
thats what i was thinking there has to be lower temp range HID's.i bet these ones which you have stated have a yellowish light close to the colour of the stock light.
Yup you are right!! The Temp like 8000k fail to perform in Rain times only i cant imagine how worse they will be in the Fogs!!!!

4300K emits White light with a tinge of Yellow, they are very close to the stock halogen color only!!! 4300K really improves the visibility. If looking for a HID upgrade for visibility purpose and not show-off then you should try 3000k and 4300k only!!!
Old 28th August 2008, 00:27   #66
Senior - BHPian

Navpreeth,

Hate to sound like the stuck record, but on a white Civic, you just got to have some white rims. You have proved that this should be a (written) rule.

Nice pattern choice as well.

Also, Nice comparison with the Ninja 12R's 17inchers.

Keep us updated with pics on future mods.
Old 28th August 2008, 00:46   #67
BANNED

hey...great rims bro, now just tell me the price you paid for these awesome wheels. guys where in delhi i can get lenso wheels.
Old 28th August 2008, 07:43   #68
Senior - BHPian

manan thats the thing.i'm not looking of showoff.point is i drive a lot and i need good lights for it.hid's will come in later.probably i'll put in a good set of phillips bulbs for now.

ironwolf,sanchits,thank you.BTW sanchits why don't you contact the lenso distributor directly.

number is:+919819207605,guy's name is gaurav,from car boutique.i had a good experience dealing with them.

quadra:cbz's doing fine.i don't recollect but do you know about my cbz.were you on the other forum too?
Old 30th August 2008, 16:28   #69
BANNED

Quote:
manan thats the thing.i'm not looking of showoff.point is i drive a lot and i need good lights for it.hid's will come in later.probably i'll put in a good set of phillips bulbs for now.

ironwolf,sanchits,thank you.BTW sanchits why don't you contact the lenso distributor directly.

number is:+919819207605,guy's name is gaurav,from car boutique.i had a good experience dealing with them.

quadra:cbz's doing fine.i don't recollect but do you know about my cbz.were you on the other forum too?
i stay in delhi...i need to know the lenso distributor in delhi and number if possible. it would have been great if you could have given me atleast tentative price of these rims.
Old 30th August 2008, 18:56   #70
Senior - BHPian

i don't know of any delhi distributor.you can contact autopsyche.he just updated me with a lot of new stuff for the civic.i'm avoiding going there coz i know i'll spend too much there.he's got delicious stuff for the civic.yup delicious.

even i stay in dehradun man but got the alloys from mumbai via transport.you can contact car boutique.maybe my reference may get you a good safe deal.ask for gaurav there.09819207605
Old 30th August 2008, 23:04   #71
Senior - BHPian

Lenso has no dealer as such in Delhi!! Best bet would be as navpreet said, Contact Car Boutique directly!!!
Old 31st August 2008, 00:41   #72
BHPian

Quote:
manan:i was speaking out of my experience in my sister's swift which has HID's and well i nearly got myself killed in the fog due to the HID's dispersion.

Maybe because you dont have projectors?
Old 31st August 2008, 08:36   #73
Senior - BHPian

well dude tell me projectors or no projectors,which light will disperse more.white light or yellow light.basic physics.answer me.and if you still insist then out of the right that i have over you,i insist that you come over to dun for a couple of days.i'll give you a demo and you'll have a good indian vacation before going to kanada.
Old 31st August 2008, 18:06   #74
BANNED

i need a clarification...i've no experience with aftermarket rims, as i've always stuck to OEM rims. after installing aftermarket rims, is the wheel alignment, tyre rotation etc is still done by the honda service from time to time or do i have to get it done from outside. Would 17" rims hamper the suspension of the car in anyway and does it void the warranty or anything? last question, are lenso rims durable and would handle the indian roads specifically delhi/NCR roads. sorry for asking all these questions, just want to be crystal clear before changing the rims.
Old 31st August 2008, 20:48   #75
Senior - BHPian

well i can say that if my Rs.13000 for 5 santro alloys can handle Delhi,UP and Uttarakhand roads for the past 5 years,lenso surely can.this is not some cheap korean brand.its a made in japan alloy.with a dedicated R&D.also are OEM for quite a few brands.

the 17inch rims will not hamper your suspension.if you drive at 120kph through potholes then even on the stock rims the suspension will die.i've driven ove 10000 kms in my sister's swift with low profile tires.(50 profile.) through all kinds of roads and even off the roads sometimes. and nothing has happened.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks