Old 11th December 2008, 16:14   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
nice alloys. they look neat!!
Thanks Caramelo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
ok i just wanted to know if the steering has gone heavy or not after the tyre upgrade ? i was planning to get 165 max. also i am getting automatic one so i dont know what i should upgrade too. in my mind i have 14 inchers. lol
I personally haven't felt the steering to have gone heavy ( Am happy with the way my i10 behaves ). Moreover i really can't comment much on the smoothness of the steering when the car was on OEM tires as i did the upgrade immediately after taking delivery of the car. ( I exchanged my OEM tires when the Odo reading said 16Kms )

@ Jesal don't limit yourself to 165. pls upgrade to 175.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Jesal,For a car with 155/80/R13 stock size, 175/65/R14 would be the appropriate 14" size.
Yupp that another option but when driving around in rain wouldn't the car spray water from the road all over the side doors and RVM's ??

Last edited by jango : 11th December 2008 at 16:23.
Old 11th December 2008, 23:00   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango View Post
Thanks Caramelo.

@ Jesal don't limit yourself to 165. pls upgrade to 175.

Yupp that another option but when driving around in rain wouldn't the car spray water from the road all over the side doors and RVM's ??
i10 automatic in UK (or europe) already comes with 175/60 R14. You can check it in the hyundai's UK website.

And I hope there should not be any difference in i10's side wall between europe and indian versions (any proof?). If it is same, we can surely go for either 175/60 R14 or 175/65 R14.
Old 12th December 2008, 15:30   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayk View Post
i10 automatic in UK (or europe) already comes with 175/60 R14. You can check it in the hyundai's UK website.

And I hope there should not be any difference in i10's side wall between europe and indian versions (any proof?). If it is same, we can surely go for either 175/60 R14 or 175/65 R14.

No proofs Vijay . Nah i never looked at the UK i10 website but will surely check it out now.
Old 12th December 2008, 22:38   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango View Post
No proofs Vijay . Nah i never looked at the UK i10 website but will surely check it out now.
Here you can check...

Hyundai | New Cars | I10 | Technical

Just click on TYRES - RADIAL PLY
Old 13th December 2008, 02:11   #35
BANNED

i know it sounds stupid but ill tell it anyways. i made a mistake of asking in hyundai if i can fit 14 he said NO it there is no space at all for the same. nothing above 13. also to add he said there was one with 14 incher and suspension work came in one month of the car delivery. i know its crap but still saying. also getting delivery now soon but i hear there was floods in chennai right anything i should worry about. how far was the flooding for the hyundai factory im tensed now
Old 13th December 2008, 07:46   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
i know it sounds stupid but ill tell it anyways. i made a mistake of asking in hyundai if i can fit 14 he said NO it there is no space at all for the same. nothing above 13. also to add he said there was one with 14 incher and suspension work came in one month of the car delivery. i know its crap but still saying. also getting delivery now soon but i hear there was floods in chennai right anything i should worry about. how far was the flooding for the hyundai factory im tensed now
I too got the same answer when I asked the dealer here. He said the alloy size, which is suitable for getz, is not suitable for i10 and he doesn't even understand how the tyre profile makes the difference with size of alloy. It is always better to ask and get some info from alloy wheel shops.

I think for the stock size 155/80 R13, the new upgrade of 175/60 R14 or 175/65 R14 wouldn't be a problem. Both are almost same with the stock in the overall size of the wheel & tyre with respect to the side wall.

But need the experts advice.
Old 15th December 2008, 16:38   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Here you can check...

Hyundai | New Cars | I10 | Technical

Just click on TYRES - RADIAL PLY
Thanks for the link Vijayk.

Quote:
I too got the same answer when I asked the dealer here. He said the alloy size, which is suitable for getz, is not suitable for i10 and he doesn't even understand how the tyre profile makes the difference with size of alloy. It is always better to ask and get some info from alloy wheel shops.

I think for the stock size 155/80 R13, the new upgrade of 175/60 R14 or 175/65 R14 wouldn't be a problem. Both are almost same with the stock in the overall size of the wheel & tyre with respect to the side wall.

But need the experts advice.
Very true most of the dealers in India have very little knowledge about any sort of upgrade. All they know is about seat covers, wheel caps, normal HU's and speakers. Its always better to check with some alloy shop or still better Team-bhpians..Even i don't think its a problem upgrading to R14.
Old 15th December 2008, 21:52   #38
BHPian

the 185/60 R 14 that i have put on my uncles car shows no fouling with the car, but while driving in the rain the whole car gets splashed with water as the tyre is about 2mm projecting from the wheel arches. Looks uber cool though.The Ride is superb and the control is too good and it feels like driving a bumber car the i10 Sports Kappa A/T.
Old 16th December 2008, 01:08   #39

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Hey,
You have opted for a totally incorrect size.175/60R13 is an upsize for the santro and not the i10.
With this size you have an error of 6.6% which is way too much.
The correct upsize should have been 175/70R13 as mentioned in the previous pots by iraghava and the other members.

Try to get your tyres changed to 175/70R13 as this is going to give you massive speedo and odo errors.
For eg:In this size,if your speedo shows 100kph,you are actually travelling at 93.4kmph.
The error shouldnt exceed 2% while in your case it is 6.6%.
Old 16th December 2008, 01:25   #40
BHPian

Congrats jango. Why dont you paint the Bridgestone and Potenza logo on your tyres with yellow/white paint? I'm sure it'll give a more attractive look to your new possession.
Old 16th December 2008, 07:59   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
the 185/60 R 14 that i have put on my uncles car shows no fouling with the car, but while driving in the rain the whole car gets splashed with water as the tyre is about 2mm projecting from the wheel arches. Looks uber cool though.The Ride is superb and the control is too good and it feels like driving a bumber car the i10 Sports Kappa A/T.
Yeah i was a bit worried about rain water getting splashed all over the car as it rains almost 8 months in kerala and i would spend a lot of time cleaning the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
Hey,
You have opted for a totally incorrect size.175/60R13 is an upsize for the santro and not the i10.
With this size you have an error of 6.6% which is way too much.
The correct upsize should have been 175/70R13 as mentioned in the previous pots by iraghava and the other members.

Try to get your tyres changed to 175/70R13 as this is going to give you massive speedo and odo errors.
For eg:In this size,if your speedo shows 100kph,you are actually travelling at 93.4kmph.
The error shouldnt exceed 2% while in your case it is 6.6%.
When i picked up the tires i didn't have a choice of 175/70R13 at the dealer end ( BTW Does bridgestone Potenza GIII come in 175/70R13 ?? ) and like i said i was really in a hurry to get it done as i had to leave for b'lore the next day.

@hellspawn which calculator did you use for the calculation, can you pls provide me with the link
Old 19th January 2009, 23:08   #42
BHPian

Can somebody please confirm what would be the best upgrade for i10? am in the process of upgrading the shoes of my i10. Is 175/70/R13 the best bet on a 13" 5 or 5.5J alloy?
Old 20th January 2009, 00:01   #43
Senior - BHPian

175/70 R13 is a good upgrade. You can use either 5J or 5.5J without any issues.
Old 21st January 2009, 10:08   #44

Dear Friends,

After going through detailed reviews on i10 and i 20 by team bhp, I have decided to buy i10 - THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN - I had earlier bought my Honda Civic again based on guidance from bhp experts. Now I am buying the Sportz model of i10 - My wife just fell in love with the red-beige interiors of Sportz. These interiors are only available only in Red and Black exterior colours. Given that we only had two colour options we are going with the Electric Red colour. Now I need your guidance on two points:
  • Tyres & Alloy Wheels : After reading the posts on team bhp I think it is a good idea to change the tyres for i10. I also wish to get Alloys, so can you please suggest me what is the best way to do this?
    • Should I exchange the OEM Rm and Tyres for Alloys and new tyres from the Hyundai dealer itself or should I go to an external vendor (specially from cost and hassle perspective)?
    • Besides the right size and looks what all should I look into before selecting the Alloys?
    • How much should I be paying (approximately) if I exchange my brand new tyres and Rim with New Alloys and new tyres?
    • Can you suggest some good shop in Delhi who could give me good options and deals?
  • Paint or Black Tape: Appologies for this. The Electric Red colour is actually too red for my liking, but I do not have a choice. Given this, I was wondering if I could reduce the red by making the Top half of the Car, Black in colour. I have seen this combination of Red and Balck on Fabia and it was looking very nice. Now please suggest is it best done through paint or some kind of Tapes? Also are there any bad effects of using the Tapes ?
Any thoughts/suggestion would be most welcome

Best Regards
Old 21st January 2009, 10:39   #45
Senior - BHPian

Vishal, I'll try & answer your question point wise:

1. Outside dealer is always preferred as they carry a larger variety & are also mroe cost effective then the car dealer.

2. Ensure that it is the correct PCD.

3. No idea, check with a tyre dealer for exact deals.

4. BK Tyres/Tyre Plaza Lajpat Nagar for tyres, Sai Mag Wheels for alloys.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks