Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2008, 15:24   #46
BHPian

Guys,

I bought the pump from Sai Iyengar Tyres. As it comes with a carry bag, I have not tried to fit it in a kid lunch box. More over, I have enough space in the boot of the car. I use it regularly to correct the tyre pressure. It has never over-heated. It runs off the car battery. Connects to the cigarette lighter slot in the car.

Have never had the chance to inflate a completely flat tyre yet. So cannot comment on how much time it takes to reach say 28 or 30 psi.

@zaks: Here is a picture for you. Spot the circled triangle on the body of your car and position the jack right beneath it. There will be four such triangles, one for each tyre, right beneath the doors.

Got a puncture, can I DIY?-26092008.jpg

Precautions before jacking the car:

1. Make sure that the car is on a level hard surface.
2. Make sure that hand brakes are on.
3. Never try to get underneath the car after raising it on the jack.

Cheers,

Rajan

Last edited by PatchyBoy : 26th September 2008 at 15:27.
Old 12th November 2008, 12:55   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
I did try with the prober Hemanth. In fact after the failure I even tried to hammer it in . Tried to stand on it. Tried every trick but all to no effect. It takes a lot of pressure and unless you know the trick you cannot do it -
Sudipto, a few days back I was at Minku's place for replacement of my failed new tyre (Thread:Yokohama ES-100: Tyre failure). I witnessed repairing of a Scorpio tyre there. What they did was, they inflated the tyres before putting in the probe and inflated it further before inserting the rubber strips thru the eye-shaped tool holding the strips. I am not sure as to whether because of the inflation or not, the tool visibly went in preety smooth.
Old 12th November 2008, 18:35   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
I did try with the prober Hemanth. In fact after the failure I even tried to hammer it in . Tried to stand on it. Tried every trick but all to no effect. It takes a lot of pressure and unless you know the trick you cannot do it -
Sudipto, a few days back I was at Minku's place for replacement of my failed new tyre (Thread:Yokohama ES-100: Tyre failure). I witnessed repairing of a Scorpio tyre there. What they did was, they inflated the tyres before putting in the probe and inflated it further before inserting the rubber strips thru the eye-shaped tool holding the strips. I am not sure as to whether because of the inflation or not, the tool visibly went in preety smooth.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks