Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2015, 00:42   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: How safe is it : Tubeless tire puncture repair with Mushroom kits stem ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
You got it right. Yes, although mushroom patch provides better sealing, either you need those sophisticated tools and more effort including if you have to take the tyre off the rim/ alloy. The conventional kit is on the other hand easy to use and simple too. I have had at least 6-7 punctures on my cars in past 4-5 years and all of them, I mean absolutely all of them were repaired with conventional kits. I did not face any problem whatsoever. They should be OK in my opinion. But if you have time and access to tools/ place that does mushroom patch, better
Thanks.

Do you have a portable compressor to inflate the tyre after patching the puncture? If yes, which one and how good is it?
Old 24th September 2015, 09:10   #212
BHPian

re: DIY Guide: How to repair a Tubeless tyre puncture!

There are lots of available ones on Amazon, flipkart etc. These compressors are handy and work on electric supply of your car.
sn48001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 10:36   #213
Senior - BHPian

Yes. I bought one from eBay year ago. It's called as Coido - with flash light and air inflater. Costed around 1100 something. Pretty reliable and useful.
Old 29th November 2015, 23:56   #214
BANNED

It'd also help to have an extra valve or two with you. And check for leakage from that first before going for the tyre.

Often inexperienced workers mess it up while you fill air. They don't put the nozzle correctly. Or your valve itself may be short. Thereby, more chances of them damaging its inner stem. And obvious put a valve cap. It's very useful.

Tyres are quite strong and require a lot of harm before getting punctured. Some basic care like destoning it or at least inspecting it once a month is always nice.

Last edited by hangover : 30th November 2015 at 00:00.
Old 9th May 2016, 13:00   #215
BHPian

After trying unsuccessfully to convince my customers on the benefits of a Mushroom patch vis-a-vis a string plug , I finally put up this poster to educate them back in 2014. I had found it on a BMW forum. Also got it translated to hindi.
Attached Thumbnails
DIY Guide: How to repair a Tubeless tyre puncture!-tl2.jpg  

DIY Guide: How to repair a Tubeless tyre puncture!-tl-1.jpg  

WasavaTyres is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th July 2016, 13:22   #216
BHPian

DIY Guide: How to temporarily repair a Tubeless tyre puncture!

Not sure if my query belongs here.but if its not mods please move it, now coming to my query the back left tyre on my cruze ( 225/50/17 yokohoma tyres) went through a issue of brake getting jammed on that particular wheel and unknowingly i drove it like that for a few metres and the tyre got worn out a little on the part which it got jammed..now the problem is wen i drive the car a little jumping feeling is coming which is irritating to the core,culprit being the worn out tyre.I took it to a tyre workshop and they told either i have to change the tyre, which i dont want to as i know its expensive and a lot of thread is remaining considering at least two i have to change,else i have to drive like this for a while and when the remaining thread comes even the scrapped area the jump will be be gone..i dont buy this theory somehow so i want the tyre gurus here to give me advise if its true or is there any alternative ways apart frm these? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by lancer_maniac : 25th July 2016 at 13:28.
Old 25th July 2016, 14:24   #217
Distinguished - BHPian

There is no way this tire is going back to normal. The only solution - in case your spare tire is a full size and not a donut, get that to work and relieve the existing one from a full time duty by moving it to stepney. Other than this, buying a new tire is the only solution. I would never advise retreading.

Regards.
Old 5th September 2016, 13:39   #218
BHPian

I would appreciate if anyone can suggest a reliable tubeless tyre puncture repair kit for cars.I can see many options on Amazon but unable to finalize the same. Any feed back regarding this i.e. http://www.amazon.in/Coido-Tubeless-...A2UUB15FGE4DQW.

Last edited by dpkbehera : 5th September 2016 at 13:59.
Old 6th November 2016, 22:53   #219
BHPian

Sorry if this isn't the right thread but couldn't find one that fits my query.

Read on the Bridgestone website that a patch repair isn't safe and the standard plug method (used by roadside tyres guys) is best.

What's the best thing to do for my tubeless tyre which is leaking and though I've been careless in driving my family around with air filled up twice, I'm going to have to get it fixed now.

Really confused about what's the best fix and the kind of place I should head to.

thanks.
Old 6th November 2016, 23:10   #220
BHPian

My tubeless tyre had a slow leak from the hole which was repaired by using the strip. Since the hole was big the strip is not able to seal the leakage. The tyre shop guy told the solution for this is to patch this from inside and this involves localised heating and would cost Rs 600 and take about 2 hrs. What is this process and is it safe for driving speeds up to 100 km/h?
Old 7th November 2016, 23:45   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhandary View Post
My tubeless tyre had a slow leak from the hole which was repaired by using the strip. Since the hole was big the strip is not able to seal the leakage. The tyre shop guy told the solution for this is to patch this from inside and this involves localised heating and would cost Rs 600 and take about 2 hrs. What is this process and is it safe for driving speeds up to 100 km/h?
I was quoted Rs 200 or 250 for the patch. FYI.
curios is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 13:39   #222

Had a puncture yesterday on my Duster. The repair shop used a strip as shown in the OP. It wasn't a puncture to the sidewall.

Could someone please elaborate why this has fix has been titled a temporary one. Thanks.
Old 26th September 2017, 20:59   #223
BHPian

I was wondering too on why this has been mentioned as a temporary fix.

This is the fix for tubeless tyres till the end of the tyre's life.
Fill it, check it and forget it .

Last edited by Nalin1 : 26th September 2017 at 21:01.
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2017, 15:24   #224

I went to Madhus soon after, just to settle my driving as I noticed I was being extra cautious and needlessly slow.

They checked it and said it was fine. Was a little concerned because the tyre had gone completely flat and I'd ridden at least couple kms without a clue, until a guy passing by told me about it
Old 10th June 2018, 13:13   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillionrider View Post
Had a puncture yesterday on my Duster. The repair shop used a strip as shown in the OP. It wasn't a puncture to the sidewall.

Could someone please elaborate why this has fix has been titled a temporary one. Thanks.

Have same query. I had a flat yesterday due to a screw piercing my tyre. The roadside puncture guy used the strip shown in the OP.

Do I need to get it checked by any other tyre shop and get it repaired with a mushroom patch? Or is the plug good to go ? I do drive on highways occassionaly, so want to ensure the tyre is fixed properly

Most Viewed