Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2011, 18:57   #16
RAC
BHPian

Re: Advice: OEM alloys for Bolero

Been away from the forum for some time, so here are the updates..........

And…it had happened again. The stepney got stolen for the second time (this happened around 4-5 months ago).

Went to the police station to register the complaint and the request for FIR got shot down completely. The lady sub inspector refused to file an FIR. She just made a note in her diary and said that they will get back to us. Since I had already gone through this process the first time the stepney was stolen, I had no patience to go through this process again.

I decided to go ahead and buy second hand rim and tyre and after spending a couple of hours on JC Road and Kalasipalyam, managed to get a spare which will be used as the stepney in case of punctures.

No more mounting on the back door. Kept it flat on the floor in the child seat/boot area.

But....this was a few month ago.....

And…..it happened again, but much worse. We went out of station for a few days. We left on Friday night and Sunday night, three tyres get stolen. The fourth one was saved as they were not able to remove due to some stones/rubble lying close to the front tyre.

We came to know that the neighbours a few houses away, awoke due to a loud sound. That was the sound of the Bolero crashing to the ground . The criminals had brought four stones but ended up dropping the car onto the ground and ran away in an Indica. The neighbours had come out on their balcony and noticed this. Unfortunately, they could not see the car registration number.

The police control room was called but I am no politician or a person with influence, the prayers were not answered.

Since we were out of station, my mother-in-law had to go to the station for filing the FIR. And she was harassed by the same lady inspector. My M-I-L was made to MODIFY the FIR to a more ‘acceptable version’. This means that it does not contain the previous two incidents of theft.

Anyway, no progess. I have gone ahead with insurance claim. The vehicle is at the service centre and expected to be delivered by Monday. Will come to know about the costs then. I expect to pay 50% on the tyres and about 30% margin on the rims.

The vehicle has run 22000 KMS and the fourth tyre is in good condition. Cannot afford to change the fourth tyre now and hence changing only three tyres.

Please advice if there are any security systems which have some kind of sensors for tyres (in case of theft)
Attached Thumbnails
Advice: OEM alloys for Bolero-1dsc00365.jpg  

Old 8th May 2011, 12:32   #17
BHPian

Re: Advice: OEM alloys for Bolero

This is really sad incident and atrocious behavior from the so called System R(B)akshaks. It hurts to see bolero in that condition or any vehicle for that matter. Hard earned money being robbed, is there no end to this...God Save our nation from these lazy !@#$%^&

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks