Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2008, 14:16   #1
BHPian

Best Tyres and Alloys for a Santro

Hi all,

Its time for me to get new tyres for my Santro Xing and so far it has all been totally stock.

I am looking to get alloys and tubeless tyres when I change this week.

I know nothing about tyres or alloys and wanted some advice on which are the best brands and appropriate sizes for a Santro. And also which are the best combinations.

Above all, it has to be affordable and not look too oversized. I am looking for an elegant look on my car.

Mods - I tried to look for a similar thread but couldn't find one. If there is one, I apologize for starting a new thread on the same topic.
I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

Manas
Old 8th December 2008, 15:24   #2
BHPian

Bridgestone Potenza g iii's (175/65/R13)clubbed with alloys of 13" plati waves is what i have on my santro xing automatic...

Visit the thread "Hyderabad nov 2008 meet" in the Tbhp meet section to see the pictures of my ride...Should give u an idea as to how they look...

the total cost for a set of 5 (alloys + tyres) was 19.5 k( with exchange of the stock rim and tyres)...

you should get good deals with that kind of budget...
Old 8th December 2008, 16:18   #3
BHPian

Hi Manasm
Well if budget is not a constraint you could go in for Michelin tyres or yokohama.
Have used both of them & I am very happy with their performance.
For upgrades for tyres
155/70-13
165/65-13 175/60-13 185/60-13
Do not go for 14 inches as that will only make the ride very uncomfortable WRT suspension.
You could also PM kpzen aka Prajesh ( Our very own tyre GURU) for further details.

Rgds
Old 8th December 2008, 16:49   #4
Senior - BHPian

@ manasm:

Please check this exclusive thread for santro, http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...es-santro.html

Please use search function (in correct section if possible) before creating new thread.

Mods: Merge with existing thread & delete this post of mine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks