Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2009, 17:55   #76
Senior - BHPian

Dushmish, If all consumers were like you we wont have had bad products/dealers at all

Congrats!
Old 7th March 2009, 14:39   #77
BHPian

Hi felles! Got the tyres changed this morning. The car is floating! It feels a different world from stock JK Vectras. The experience was good at Premji's. I realised the difference the two dealers. This one had a much cleaner shop. Tyres very neatly stacked. Had a much wider range of stock. It took me one hour for the tyres to get changed, balancing and alignment. Shall pick the binocs now if time permits. Getting a teflon coating done right now. Thanks all for your comments and encouragement. TBHP proved to be very helpful through the experience.
Old 7th March 2009, 14:43   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dushmish View Post
Hi felles! Got the tyres changed this morning. The car is floating! It feels a different world from stock JK Vectras. The experience was good at Premji's. I realised the difference the two dealers. This one had a much cleaner shop. Tyres very neatly stacked. Had a much wider range of stock. It took me one hour for the tyres to get changed, balancing and alignment. Shall pick the binocs now if time permits. Getting a teflon coating done right now. Thanks all for your comments and encouragement. TBHP proved to be very helpful through the experience.
So finally changed the tires.
Were you billed for the balancing and alignment?
Old 7th March 2009, 16:34   #79
BHPian

Hello dushmish, good to know you have some sort of closure.
Personally I vouch for the Michelins XM + Energy tyres. I had exchanged the stock JK Vectras on my Swift VDi for a size upgrade to the Michelins ( on stock rims)and I daresay, am very satisfied. The RPM has marginally increased by 100, but the grip and ride are good.
I drove for 150 kms with a nail stuck in the left rear tyre before I realized that the pressure was low.
Inflated it and drove another 80 kms , again checked the pressure ( I carry a digital tyre pressure gage with me). Pressure had dropped from 34 psi to 18 psi on both occasions. Then I realised that there may be a puncture, sure enogh on taking it back to the dealer the same was confirmed. A 2 inch nail..and I had touched speeds of 140 kmph blissfully unaware.. That was about a year ago. Till now no punctures 13000 kms later through all sorts of terrain and I am happy to report that the pressure drop on all 4 tyres is minimal .( I charge them about once in a month or greater). Fuel efficiency hovers around the 18 kmpl mark in drive as you please moods.So enjoy with your Michelins.!
Oh and by the way , what the Michelin man told you is right, any tyres with a manufacturing date within 3 years is fine. !
Old 7th March 2009, 18:09   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Obviously not! when the Michelin CEO gives his word that alignment and balancing will be free, why will dushmish be billed?
Old 10th March 2009, 12:29   #81
TOR
BHPian

@dushmish

First off congrats on the resolution of the issue.

I too faced a similar situation(though with much faster/favorable resolution) during the up gradation of my 165 Dzire JK to 185 XM1+. Same reported in this thread.

What i learned from the episode was that multi-brand tyre dealers are least customer oriented and no single manufacturer can can instill any amount of decency in them!
Old 16th March 2009, 16:47   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOR View Post
What i learned from the episode was that multi-brand tyre dealers are least customer oriented and no single manufacturer can can instill any amount of decency in them!
Don't think its fair to generalize. I bought my tyres from a multi-brand tyre dealer and I think it was an excellent buying experience. The shop had fresh stock, which was stored correctly. They had all the required equipment, and changed all 5 tyres with wheel alignment and balancing within an hour. They were transparent in their dealings, and quoted me a fair price. They offered me freebies of their own accord, and gave me a good perspective of the sales figures for different brands, with pros and cons of each brand too.
Old 29th September 2010, 12:07   #83
BHPian

I too need Michelin contacts in bangalore

I too burnt myself with a set of Michelin tires from Bangalore, M/s Balaji Tires at Mission Road (The age old Mr Tire Balaji himself) for my ZEN.

One of the tires is badly leaking air pressure and the dealer whom i visited thrice after the incident is absolutely shameless about helping me through.

The tire gets to 12 - 15 psi with in days of refilling. The dealer replaced the valve without any avail and now he is convinced the tire needs a change, and so he is as cold as in ice berg!

I just picked up the customer care email id of Michelin from your thread. Any body got any contacts with the Michelin officials in Bangalore who can help me through this?

Thanks

Gopa
Old 2nd October 2010, 19:36   #84
BHPian

Reach the local Michelin Area Manager, he is best placed to help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks