Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2009, 01:41   #1
BHPian

Places to refil Nitrogen in Mumbai

Hey, just filled Nitrogen in my tubeless 185/70s. Its great but I wanted to know and compile a list of petrol pumps in Mumbai that have nitrogen air. Don't wanna be running back to the service station everytime I want a refill, even if its once in 2 months...
Old 18th March 2009, 01:55   #2
Senior - BHPian

the 24 hour petrol pump at breach candy(not sure of the name) has nitrogen.

rev
Old 18th March 2009, 11:37   #3
BHPian

I had got Nitrogen filled in my Swift tyres about 5 months ago. Though I sparsely used the vehicle, two checkups at same place confirmed that no deflation in the tyres. So am satisfied.

The Nitrogen filling is done at Wheelworld wheel balancing shop just below the Vashi to Palm Beach Road flyover (over Vashi R.S.). This shop is in the Haware building taking left turn just before the traffic point on Palm Beach Road.
Old 5th May 2009, 19:14   #4

Places to fill Nitrogen in Mumbai, particularly Suburbs

Hello Team,
any clue where we can get Nitrogen and at what cost in Mumbai especially in suburbs.
planning to hit the road for a long drive, hence thinking of getting nitrogen in the tyres.
regards
Old 5th May 2009, 21:42   #5
BHPian

I know of one in kandivali on the main highway only, it is in thakur village, he takes Rs 100/- for each tyre, i get it done from him for my qualis.
Old 5th May 2009, 21:53   #6

this is very expensive... so how do you feel after filling Nitrogen in your Qualis? how is the driving experience???
Old 5th May 2009, 23:16   #7
BHPian

Not much of a difference, my dad drives it more, i rarely drive it, i feel NO difference, i still dont know why nitrogen is filled. Also this is 1st time fill figures, once you fill you can tell him that it is only little less and do it for less, then you can pay 50 or so, my dad does this.

Sorry for delayed reply, Manoj. Being a bit busy, I am finding it hard to login to forums/blog. But I am happy that there are many people like Sunil, Anurag, Vinay and others who are coming ahead and helping people out.

As far as filling Nitrogen in tyres is concerned then I must say, it's already there. Normal air contains around 80% nitrogen so why bother about filling nitrogen in tyres. It apparently doesn't have any harm apart from the price you pay for it. If it's being offered for free at some filling-station, go ahead and fill it but if it's being sold for even 10 rupees/tyre, I would say, it's not worth the price!

Filling Nitrogen in tyres has NO apparent advantage over normal compressed air! It's a marketing gimmick, ignore it. All the claims made in your question don't have any substance. Checking tyre pressure is not a pain, whatsoever, do it regularly. That's more than enough.
SOURCE - Filling Nitrogen in tyres instead of Air | Tyres and Wheels | Car Forums - CarWale.com

Last edited by abhayshanu : 5th May 2009 at 23:17.
Old 6th May 2009, 02:14   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahularora View Post
Hello Team,
any clue where we can get Nitrogen and at what cost in Mumbai especially in suburbs.
planning to hit the road for a long drive, hence thinking of getting nitrogen in the tyres.
regards
Rahul you can get nitrogen air at bombay tyres, milan subway.
Old 6th May 2009, 11:35   #9
BHPian

Hi Friends,

Can anybody provide information that, are there any Fuel Stations where Nitrogen for tyres is available in Navi Mumbai ?

Last edited by sharma_sanjeevi : 6th May 2009 at 11:36.
Old 6th May 2009, 11:40   #10
Senior - BHPian

Proven again and again that nitrogen fills only the wallet of the seller with no effect on the longevity of air in the buyer's car (diff. is perhaps 1% in 1 month). Just spend rs. 2-3 at a petrol pump and go wherever you want.
Old 6th May 2009, 13:37   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
Hi Friends,

Can anybody provide information that, are there any Fuel Stations where Nitrogen for tyres is available in Navi Mumbai ?
It's available in Sec-17 Vashi, the strech where Palm beach road starts there are lot of tire shops. One of them has Nitrogen available.
Old 6th May 2009, 13:44   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
Hi Friends,

sharma_sanjeevi, you can get nitrogen at Sector-14 HP petrol pump opp Gaondevi mandir, vashi.
Old 6th May 2009, 13:48   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
It's available in Sec-17 Vashi, the strech where Palm beach road starts there are lot of tire shops. One of them has Nitrogen available.
Thanks for the information buddy, i never thought those guys are also filling nitrogen

I will get it filled from there.

Last edited by sharma_sanjeevi : 6th May 2009 at 13:53.
Old 6th May 2009, 18:08   #14
BHPian

on Palm Beach where you come to the circle on the way to Galeria and City Centre from Nerul, the HP pump on the right fills Nitrogen, don't know the charges, but know it's there, think it's the same pump posted above, but I don't know sectors or streat names in Navi Mumbai, only landmarks like all the malls, CCDs, hookah joints etc...Hang out spots
Old 6th May 2009, 18:50   #15
bhp
BHPian

Its also available at lotus petrol pump near infinity mall andheri (w).
they charge rs 100 per car per quarter...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks