Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2009, 10:32   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
My Bolero has been running on Bridgestone Dueler H/T's since 8 years and 160K kms now.
I have never faced any issues with them.
But then I may be wrong since Bolero does not make enough power to test these tyres to their limits.
Hi,

I did 75k kms on Bridgestone HT in my Gypsy. Engaged in off roading and on roading. Performance was very good on off roading session and on road they were the best. hardly had problems excepting a puncture in each tyre so far.

Dwarak
Old 31st March 2009, 10:45   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Mine wore out early (58.6K km + 5-6K km expected life) compared to the JK Tornados on the Indica (64K km front / 74K km rear + spare).
Forgot to mention:
1. I had a total of 2 punctures (across 5 tyres) in the 58.6K km of Bridgestone Dueler H/T usage
2. I did subject them to some torture (known to some as OTRs)

The Bridgestone Dueler H/T (tubed) may not be the best tyre in the world but it is certainly not a sub-standard tyre. I have zero experience with the tubeless version of the Dueler.
Old 31st March 2009, 11:13   #18
Senior - BHPian

I have no experience with the Bridgestone H/T Tubeless. But I just changed my B'stone H/T tubed OEM set at almost 54.5k kms (with 5k kms life left in them as per the shop I bought the new ones from) & I can say that I definitely didn't think they were sub-standard. Two of them had worn at the edges due to Dhingra mucking up the alignment at 30k kms & due to my trusting them when they said they'd done it. I realized at 35k kms that they hadn't & it was a tad late by then.

Apart from that - a total of 5 punctures IIRC, 3 of which were on the same tube. One puncture was a late night affair on the way back from a dinner. Didn't want to stop on a dark, deserted road with wife & kids in the car so I drove on for more than a kilometer - tube was shredded & changed. Apart from that - cannot remember any issues even through bad roads on a consistent basis.
Old 31st March 2009, 11:26   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Bridgestone HT S689's : running good after 46k on the truck. Looking at another 30k atleast.

Have used Bridgestone S322's on the Marina for 73k, and didnt find any problems.
Old 31st March 2009, 11:26   #20
Senior - BHPian

Agree with shan2nu, used my turanza on very bad surfaces load os time but never had an issue...

BUt i guess will consider apollo in my next tyre change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
Are these tyres made in India?

Coz even i had a blow out in the S322's, the sidewall was slit horizontally.

But absolutely no issues with the G3s (which has seen worse driving conditions).

So its either a defective batch or a prob with tyres made here.

Shan2nu
Old 1st April 2009, 03:41   #21
Senior - BHPian

I have had Bridgestone on all my cars
From Fiat(premier Padmini) running on S248
Ex Gypsy on Dueler H\T's
Accent now on Potenza GIII's-stock were bridgestone too
and Bolero on Dueler H\T's
and experience has been pleasent so far.

So no way they can be called as substandard tyres.
we have seen most of the tyre brands fail on the forum but then they are just one off cases,so that doesnot make any tyre brand substandard.
Old 1st April 2009, 07:42   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Agree with shan2nu, used my turanza on very bad surfaces load os time but never had an issue...

BUt i guess will consider apollo in my next tyre change

Forgot to mention never had a puncture!
Old 1st April 2009, 08:02   #23
BHPian

I changed over to Bridgestone Potenza G III - 185/70R14 on my Swift about a year back, within 1 month one of the front tires got a cut on the sidewall (stone hit) and has been rendered useless since. I had a set of Good-years prior to that which took numerous sidewall hits but never got cut. In fact the spare wheel on my car is still a Good-year and is doing great after 55,000 kms of Bangalore roads.

A few of my friends had similar issues with Bridgestone, probably the legendary quality is all gone away (aka made in china) and just the name remains.
Old 1st April 2009, 10:42   #24
Team-BHP Support

Now what does Potenza GIII have to do with Bridgestone Duellers?
I also had made in Japan Potenza GIIIs on my indica, and they never gave me any trouble.
I am talking about tubless Bridgestone HT tires.
Old 1st April 2009, 13:05   #25
Team-BHP Support

I had similar problems (sidewall bulge/cut/frequent punctures) with imported Bridgestones that came with Crv and replace them with Michellin this time around. So far so good.

Bridgestone is soft compound that much i know from my experience, right from Maruti 800 to Crv. For that matter most of phorein tires are soft COMPARED to hamara MRF and Appolo's.

This one requires Jai ho!
Old 1st April 2009, 13:12   #26
Senior - BHPian

Tanveer,

i think its just unfirtunate that bridgestone's gave problems to you but most of other safari owners never had a problem.

mine are tube type and they have done 36k till day in 2.5 yrs and have tested everywhere in vilages,bad roads and expressways etc.

They scream a lot on emergency braking but never any problem and always get all tyres balanced/aligned religiously at 5k.

and they still have life of 5-10k kms left in them easily.
Old 5th April 2009, 19:19   #27
BANNED

I also had problems with goodyear and bridgestones in general . It seems that most of the imported tyres or band names cant really match the longevity of the Indian brands . Most notably MRF and Appolo . Earlier Modi continental used to be another famous brand which used to last long .
I havent had a good experience with ceat though . Whatever the brand of tyres , MRF makes the best tubes .
Old 5th April 2009, 19:34   #28
Senior - BHPian

And MRF has now come out with an AT for all kinds of SUV's, hope they are good.
Old 6th May 2009, 14:26   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
My Bolero has been running on Bridgestone Dueler H/T's since 8 years and 160K kms now.
I have never faced any issues with them.
But then I may be wrong since Bolero does not make enough power to test these tyres to their limits.
I got my Bolero VLX yesterday and they came with Bridgestone H/T tubed variety. I guess I'll have to be careful on the highway. Can anybody provide some more light on their holding ability on the hard corners?

On the other hand I have GoodYears on my Uno and they are pretty good in terms of road holding capability

Last edited by MileCruncher : 6th May 2009 at 14:29.
Old 6th May 2009, 14:35   #30
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I got my Bolero VLX yesterday and they came with Bridgestone H/T tubed variety. I guess I'll have to be careful on the highway. Can anybody provide some more light on their holding ability on the hard corners?
I would suggest - change them right away. The Bstone H/T tyres are quite good for highway runs and even for cornering at good speed, it is the bad-road durability that is very much a suspect. The BStone H/T that I have on the Safari, has quite a few small but superficial knicks and cuts and it recently had a gnash a little deeper while comin down from Chopta valley - will have to change that tyre.

So, in summary, while those tubed H/Ts are new, change them and get a decent exchange price for BF Goodrich AT KO - these tyres are what I saw among the locals in North Sikkim - and they are in fullsome praise for it.

Last edited by adc : 6th May 2009 at 14:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks