Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2011, 19:58   #31
BHPian

Re: ANHC..what's your Tyre OEM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by idle_wild View Post
Hey HC, my father completed the purchase about 2 weeks back. The variant is V-MT Exclusive and came with Goodyears. We could not persuade the dealership to switch tires as they kept insisting the warranty would be void if tires are switched. As a rationale they offered the theory that since the warranty is only applicable on the accessories whose serial numbers are mentioned in the PDI book (assuming some sort of internal Honda document), any tire whose serial does not match the PDI book would not receive the warranty.

Thoroughly frustrated with this news!! Dad decided to stick with the Goodyears till they wear out (a day I am sure is not too far away).

So there you go, the most expensive manual transmission version too receives the least worthy set of tires. Honda did give dad some discounts, but we are now hoping we do not find cost-cutting in every nook and corner of the car! Such things as a cheap battery tend to show up within a 4-year 1st-ownership I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackparag View Post
I got my VMT- Leather 10 days back with MRF's. However they aren't as crappy as I had earlier thought them to be. May go in for Michelin soon.

OT. Can you confirm the date of manufacture of your car?
idle_wild and crackparag, don't lose heart, please contact some tire stores in your city and I am sure you can find someone who would have upgraded their tires and exchanged their OEM Michelins.
Otherwise you can opt for SAME size Michelin or other tire of your choice without being burdened with Good year /MRF till they last.
If your use includes lot of highway drives at good speeds, the tire noise is likely to be high with Good year and MRF (based on the reports from ANHC owners).
I insist that you keep the same tire profile if you buy/exchange tires because upgrade would seriously affect the fuel efficiency (not to mention the warranty issues with Honda) though will give better handling and grip at high speed.
It is a tradeoff for anyone to decide, but please make a well informed choice.

HC
Habanero City is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2011, 19:17   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi cityvic, did you purchase your ANHC in Kolkata, if yes from which dealer? My father is purchasing the Honda ANHC as well, and is being offered the Goodyears, which are best avoided. Since your dealer offered to change the tire, would be good to know as we are in the same situation as you!

Thanks much!
Buddy I got mine from Pinnacle Honda.Sorry for the late reply.I just saw your post.
Which dealer did you buy your car from?Pinnacle or Eastern Honda?

Last edited by cityvic : 29th August 2011 at 19:21.
Old 29th August 2011, 19:21   #33
BHPian

Our ANHC came with Michellins as well. Was bought in December 2010.
Old 29th August 2011, 19:28   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Buddy I got mine from Pinnacle Honda.Sorry for the late reply.I just saw your post.
Which dealer did you buy your car from?Pinnacle or Eastern Honda?
No issues at all! Thanks.

Dad got it from Pinnacle Honda. This is frustrating to hear! They vehemently denied us the favor of switching tires with another car that had Michelin. Did they do that for you? As in switched the tires upon your request or arranged for Michelins directly from Honda?

If yes, would be interesting to know. Of course I do not plan to charge at them now, but would help to identify if Pinnacle Honda is turning the snobbish Honda dealer we would hate to see in Kolkata.

Thanks again!
Old 29th August 2011, 19:29   #35
Team-BHP Support

I've Michelins on my June 2010 SMT.

They are good in the city but on the highway, I have found road noise to be high.

They are maintained at 30 psi and the ride quality is really good.
Old 30th August 2011, 10:36   #36
BHPian

Quote:
No issues at all! Thanks.

Dad got it from Pinnacle Honda. This is frustrating to hear! They vehemently denied us the favor of switching tires with another car that had Michelin. but would help to identify if Pinnacle Honda is turning the snobbish Honda dealer we would hate to see in Kolkata.

Thanks again!
idel_wild, yesterday I visited my dealer with regard to renewal of insurance.
He told me that Honda has prohibited switching tires among ANHC and they no longer can oblige customer's requests for Michelins as OEM tires.
He also narrated an experience with one of the T-BHP members who was insistent on this as well as other insignificant technical issues and was wanting replacements
I was embarrassed as he knows me that I am also a member but did not behave with the dealers that way.
So in your case I suppose any amount of pushing would not have helped in getting Michelins.
Why don't you consider what I mentioned in the earlier post (visiting local tire shops).
You may be lucky to find the same Michelin OEM's there as some buyers upgrade.
It is also a fact that OEM Michelin's command a higher buy back price compared to other tires and so those who plan to upgrade insist for these tires but finally dump them at the tire stores for their upgrades.

HC
Old 31st August 2011, 11:40   #37
BHPian

I got MRF's on my May 2011 ANHC S-MT. My friend who also took delivery of another S-MT with me got Michelins , his was a July 2011 make.

MRF's have been good so far. Haven't taken them for a long drive yet, so will comment on that later.
Old 1st October 2011, 10:24   #38
BHPian

This week had been to the dealer for my car service and during that time, went around the yard and found that several of the ANHC that were stocked had Michelin.
If anyone is buying ANHC and particular about Michelin, please let me know.

HC
Old 5th October 2011, 18:54   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
I got MRF's on my May 2011 ANHC S-MT. My friend who also took delivery of another S-MT with me got Michelins , his was a July 2011 make.

MRF's have been good so far. Haven't taken them for a long drive yet, so will comment on that later.
kap04 and other ANHC owners with MRF ZVTV I have question for you. How are these tires with regard to grip, comfort and noise?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks