Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2009, 15:34   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackedHead View Post
PS: wondering if the name is a take on Duracell's "last long, really long" jingle
If you know what it means in Sanskrit, you'll probably die laughing!
Old 25th September 2009, 16:05   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonirohit View Post

However - if one plans to sell off his car and if tyres have to be changed - then these ling longs/ping pongs/durons etc can be used...
Buddy, it won't be ethical on our part to put someone else's life in danger. As I mentioned, even putting the cheapest radial from JK/ Ceat/ Apollo/ MRF will be much better than repenting later.
tsk13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2009, 16:13   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Can you translate ? please

@ mobike008

Lot of people go for tyre upgrade in a brand new car and give the factory fitted tyre to the tyre wala for peanuts. Better to get one of those tyres than buy crap tyres and risk everything else.

no matter how good the car/suspension/road/driver is those 4 round black things are the stuff that keep the show on the road.

Trust me, I know 'cus I bought Nankang (Korean) and I do regret it.
Grip is pretty ok, but ride is horrible and cost wise there was not much difference. I ended paying up almost as same as the 185 Michelins for the 195 Nankangs.

But Chinese please don't...!
yzfrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2009, 16:18   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
What does it mean? Hope it's appropriate to post here.
Old 31st March 2011, 19:17   #20
Senior - BHPian

Anyone heard about Vee Rubber?

Hi all. I am looking to replace the tyres of an Accent that has done about 55k on the present (stock) Bridgestone set.
I went to Pal Tyres and he suggested Vee or Zetec (the person who wants to buy the tyres wants a VFM proposition, as the car runs about 100 km a day, which means a set every 2 years)

Has anyone here had any sort of experience with Vee Rubber or Zetec tyres?
Is it recommended to go in for a brand like one of these?
Old 7th November 2012, 20:16   #21
BHPian

re: Ling Long & other Chinese Tyres: Any Reviews?

I was in the market for a new set of tyres for my Jeep [750DP Commander open type] and my usual supplier told me of the Ling Long brand. After having a look at the tyres and the equivelent Indian brands available decided to try these tyres.
One of the main reasons behind that deciscion was the fact that they were supposed to be 6.50 x 16 against the 6.00 x 16 of the Indian brands.
However after they were fitted they measured up at 6.25 rather than 6.50.
I have used them for a little over 5 months now. They are almost down to the tread wear indicators and I think I can expect to get another 10-12 thousand kms from them before I will need to replace them.
I have had no problems from them so far. I drive both on highway and on rough "cutchha" roads. On the highway I never exceed 90-100 kmph for short stretches ,driving mostly between 60-85 kmph.
Other than their shorter life, I have covered only 12000 km and can expect not more than another 12000 kms [at the most], bringing their "life span" to 24,000 kms in all, I cannot find much fault with them.
I have had one puncture so far and that was due to a nail picked up at a building site I had visited.
Even though their cost was a little over half the price of the Indian brands I do not think I will buy them again, because I do not know if their quality would be the same the next time around. I think I would prefer to pay the extra cost and buy the Indian tyres, and be assured of the quality.
They may be "Ling" but they certainly are not "Long"!!!

Last edited by Collector : 7th November 2012 at 20:17.
Collector is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th November 2012, 20:43   #22
BHPian

I don't think I'l ever trust buying unknown tires at all. Because tires are the only poit of contact you have to the road. If something goes wrong, that's it! No second chance. Very short life as said by Collector means either very soft compound or poor quality rubber. On an average they lasted half the life if what you get from normal brands. So ultimately you are compromising on quality (in other words - UR LIFE!) with no real benefit in cost.

I would suggest if you want the cheapest tires, go for something like Apollo Amazers, even for the bigger cars. They might not be the cheapest, but definitely are very good tires. Especially much better than the earlier MRF ZVTS I had on my Alto. The grip is good enough and most importantly the comfort is really good. The ride quality has improved by miles.

I don't know direct prices of the Amazer's compared MRF's or JK's but i'l rather put MRF's or Apollo Amazers than the Ling Long stuff anytime!
thumpingheart is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 19:52   #23
Senior - BHPian

Recently one of my friends had to change the rubber of his old and ageing Esteem and did not want to invest a lot into the tyre.

The run for this car is hardly a couple of hundred kms every month and that too very short trips around his house.

There were a few brands of Chinese tyres on sale at great prices. He was wondering if he should go for them given the limited use it will be subjected to.

Also the broad questions is that are the Chinese brands any good and if any which are the ones that seem to be better of the lot.

This is a compelling question since many OEM tyres such as the ones in the Enjoy are shod with Chinese tyres.
Old 22nd January 2015, 10:26   #24
BHPian

Tyre Change Query for My Ford Falcon XR6

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd January 2015 at 16:19.
BinFord is offline   Received Infraction
Old 22nd January 2015, 11:35   #25
BHPian

Re: Tyre Change Query for My Ford Falcon XR6

What a contradictory name for a 'performance tyre' '" May Run"
If it's a odd size you're looking and cost is the deciding factor then find out about their returns policy and go for it. Or else stick to known brands.
Old 1st August 2015, 13:47   #26
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ling Long & other Chinese Tyres: Any Reviews?

Guys
reviving this old thread. Are Chinese tyres really that bad even now. I read somewhere that their quality is almost as good as Indian brands but cheaper because of lower cost of manufacturing and lower input costs which Indian manufacturers are not passing on to customers ?
Also Chinese tyres now come with BIS certification. So should we still avoid them ?

Last edited by moralfibre : 1st August 2015 at 16:30. Reason: Typo
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2015, 16:53   #27
Senior - BHPian

its not like all Chinese items are bad. There are different levels of quality for the same item and unfortunately we get to taste the bad quality ones here. Thus the branding of Chinese items are bad has happened. Still to be on a fair side its good to avoid them to be more safe for us and others also.
Old 16th July 2016, 00:22   #28
Senior - BHPian

Query about Mikado Tyres

Hi all,

The question of replacing the tires of our 2002 Honda City has come up. My father made an inquiry about the tires at some of the dealers and someone suggested him Mikado(?) tires. The dealer justified it saying since the running of your car is not much (only 24k kms done in 14yrs and still running the stock tires which have become rock solid ) the Mikado tires will serve the purpose well.

The price difference is not much (3500/- per tire for Mikado, and 4200/- per tire for the Michelin Energy XM2); but my father feels they will be ok. Now, I have never heard of this brand ever before, but the dealer (Kulkarni tires and auto services) has suggested these. I am insisting on the Michelins but my father is pretty convinced about the Mikado tires.

Please help! Has anyone of you ever read about these tires or used them before? Or even seen them actually?
W.A.G.7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2016, 15:09   #29
Senior - BHPian

Just got to know that Triangle tyres are available here. Checked some videos on youtube and they seem to be the best Chinese tyres with proper r&d and all.

Anyone experienced them yet?
Old 21st February 2017, 16:53   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Just got to know that Triangle tyres are available here. Checked some videos on Youtube and they seem to be the best Chinese tyres with proper r&d and all.

Anyone experienced them yet?
Mt regular tyre dealer seems to swaer by them. He has been using them on his Innova for over 25K kms and says that the experience has been good. Also says that it is becoming quite popular amoung taxi drivers. You can't argue with the economics - it costs under 5k per tyre ofr a 205/55 R15 size.

However a review that I came across - http://www.tirestest.com/allseason_t...918/index.html seems to be pointing fingers at it's wet performance.

Was looking to replace tyres for my Polo GT but I have decided to give Triangle a pass and sell out some more moolah for a set of Contis or Yokos.

Drive on,
Shibu.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks