Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2009, 22:24   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshram View Post
BTW i think u stuck the matte black sticker on the b pillar.But u forgot something,there is also a black sticker on the rear door after the rear window.
i mean close to c pillar.i hope you understand.

Vignesh
Point noted, Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizoo View Post
Ur Car Looks Stunning!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
wow car looks amazing
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_elegance View Post
@karan : Those wheels look stunning .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivashara View Post
Karan> most beatyful man, Its looking best on Punto.
Thanks, Would have loved to have a 16 / 17 " setup of the same rims , but would have hampered the ride quality as this is the car which is to be used on a daily basis and mostly will be driven by my driver.

Last edited by Jaggu : 29th August 2009 at 00:28. Reason: Back to back posts. Thanks
Old 28th August 2009, 23:06   #32
BHPian

Simply mindblowing pictures. This beauty is definitely a head turner.

Pics are looking as if taken by a professional . Good job!!

Thanks karan for the pics. Now waiting for the inside pics.

Do let us know the cost of the alloys and the make. Planning to get for my new ikon TDCi.
Old 28th August 2009, 23:50   #33
BHPian

The white alloys in the last row will turn heads around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Have already zeroed on and installed the upgrade will give the details of the same soon.

Till then heres a teaser pic. ( 1 out of the 12 alloys with which the models are posing has been installed )

Wheel Make - Lenso (model : will disclose soon)
Tyres - Will disclose soon

Old 29th August 2009, 00:11   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Karan, white punto looks smashing. The pictures especially look mindblowing
Old 29th August 2009, 10:34   #35
BHPian

first of all congrats on the punto and double congrats on those hwaaatttt alloys.

Please tell us how you proceeded with 100 pcd wheels. There are many waiting for alloys on punto.
Old 29th August 2009, 18:31   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallant View Post

I hope you still not faced any issues with 100 PCD?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
Please tell us how you proceeded with 100 pcd wheels. There are many waiting for alloys on punto.
I havent faced any problems with the PCD yet . There is no vibration or whatsoever at high speeds ( which is noticed between 80-120 km/h )

Have fitted OE Bolts the dealer whom i purchased these rims from is the distributor of lenso and he never suggested me to go in for wobble bolts or any customised bolts for the same, in fact he said try out the OE bolts if they fit it would be great otherwise buy bolts which would be costing in the range of Rs 700-1000 or for racing bolts that would be aprox Rs 2200 .

Last edited by karan561 : 29th August 2009 at 18:33.
Old 29th August 2009, 18:50   #37
BHPian

so was it a direct fit without any modifications to wheels or punto? No filing of holes or anything else?
Old 29th August 2009, 23:13   #38

karan,

Thats a brilliant set up except the PCD mismatch in the alloys. Although i must say the tyre choice is just ideal. Reason being they [ES100] are the lightest performance tyres of the whole lot and have the best cornering ability because of the design and construction of the tyre.
The mismatch on the PCD on the alloy does not provide a perfect centre to the alloy and hence there could be very noticeable vibrations very soon. It wont happen right away as you mentioned they are behaving as of now. The job of fitting the 100 to the 98 PCD is not very precise and hence the alloys do not face perfectly with the hub edge. This sets the entire load on to your nuts and not the hub as should be ideally. However, since you have lensos, this problem could be delayed because of the sheer lightness of the model of the alloy you have chosen. You should actually be gaining on top speed with this set, as the alloys are lighter and the tyres have the least rolling resistance.

Look forward For the K&N for your car next, and the PETES box later. Bet you would be driving one PUNTO, with some performance to recall every drive.

veishal
veishal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2009, 15:39   #39
BHPian

Hey Karan,

Your car sure looks stunning. Congrats.

Please share with us the cost incurred on the alloys and rim upgrade.
Old 31st August 2009, 21:50   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veishal View Post
karan,

Thats a brilliant set up except the PCD mismatch in the alloys. Although i must say the tyre choice is just ideal. Reason being they [ES100] are the lightest performance tyres of the whole lot and have the best cornering ability because of the design and construction of the tyre.
The mismatch on the PCD on the alloy does not provide a perfect centre to the alloy and hence there could be very noticeable vibrations very soon. It wont happen right away as you mentioned they are behaving as of now. The job of fitting the 100 to the 98 PCD is not very precise and hence the alloys do not face perfectly with the hub edge. This sets the entire load on to your nuts and not the hub as should be ideally. However, since you have lensos, this problem could be delayed because of the sheer lightness of the model of the alloy you have chosen. You should actually be gaining on top speed with this set, as the alloys are lighter and the tyres have the least rolling resistance.

Look forward For the K&N for your car next, and the PETES box later. Bet you would be driving one PUNTO, with some performance to recall every drive.

veishal
Point Noted.

As far as the performance mods are concerned , frankly speaking i havent ripped the car yet ( not gone above 2500 rpm ) but i feel the straight line capablity of the car wouldnt be great like it was of the swift BUT i somehow feel the MJD is more torquey than it felt in the swift ( is it because if the shorter gear ratios ? ) May go in for a PETES BOX after 18 months or so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pats View Post
Hey Karan,

Your car sure looks stunning. Congrats.

Please share with us the cost incurred on the alloys and rim upgrade.
The cost of the alloys was Rs 21,000 /-

The Tyres cost me Rs. 3900/- each

I traded in my stock tyres (165/80 R14 , JK Tornados) for Rs 1000 each
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
so was it a direct fit without any modifications to wheels or punto? No filing of holes or anything else?
There was no modification required. It was a DIRECT FIT.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 1st September 2009 at 10:19.
Old 1st September 2009, 20:24   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Finally uploading the pictures , really sorry for the delay. Thank you for the response for this thread.
Oh man! The White Punto looks (dare I say it??) even better than the Red one, with these shoes!

Karan, Many Congratulations on a wonderful automobile, and wish you a million miles of safe & happy driving!

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 1st September 2009, 20:27   #42
BHPian

The white punto with white alloys looks simply stunning, makes me drool about it. I am feeling jelous of you.

More pics please.
Old 1st September 2009, 20:56   #43
BHPian

Is it the 1.2 petrol or the 1.3 diesel?
Old 1st September 2009, 22:04   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Oh no! Another person putting his safety at risk by fitting 100PCD rims to a 98PCD car. It may look super hot, but it's not recommended. I dont mean to dampen your enthusiasm Karan, but it's not safe.
hi

what do you mean by PCD. and what is the PCD of the ANHC. How do you check that the PCD of the alloy wheels matches the PCD required.
Old 2nd September 2009, 20:34   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
Is it the 1.2 petrol or the 1.3 diesel?
Heyy ... long time BP. Its a diesel

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks