Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2009, 17:10   #1
BHPian

Best Price and Place for alloys and Tyres in Chennai.

Hi Friends,

Last month i have booked Swift Dzire and it will be delivered by last week of this month. I like to upgrade the tyres as soon as i take delivery.If i have enough "Vitamin M" i would go for Alloys too.

When i was in trichy last month i enquired about the tyre and got the following quotes.
1. Michelin XM1+, 185/65/R14 - Rs.3800 Each. (I prefer 185/70/R14)
2. Bridgestone Turanza ER 60, 185/65/R14 - Rs 3450 Each.

He also intended to take back the stock tyres for Rs. 1250/-Each.

Is this above deal is good? Can anyone please suggest me a reliable shop where i can get the best deal.

An I feel there is no thread to give info about the shops and price of Tyres /Alloy wheels in chennai. This info will be most helpful for prospective buyers like me. So friends please pour in your suggestions.

I can able to get all the info about tyres and wheel from this forum. Thanks a ton for Team BHP.

@Mods: Please merge my post if any thread is already existing.
Old 8th November 2009, 18:34   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Tyrestore is supposed to be good.

New No. 104 Greams Road,
Thousand Lights, Chennai 600006, India
Telephone: +91 44 28294589 / 0806
Mobile: +91 9840920870 / 1

Nitrous goes there only regularly.
Old 10th November 2009, 00:14   #3
BHPian

Thanks Nikhil. This week end i will visit this store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post

New No. 104 Greams Road,

Old 10th November 2009, 04:18   #4
BHPian

Quote:

New No. 104 Greams Road,

I second that. Though I haven't had a chance to upgrade through his shop yet, I have met Deepak (owner) and he is very straightforward. I have gone to him with queries and he has always helped out.

He is a Tbhpian (Handle: Tyrestore)

There are a quite a few Tbhpians who have upgraded through him.

Slipstream is one that comes to my mind.
Old 10th November 2009, 09:10   #5
Senior - BHPian

There is not a much difference in terms of cost between tyre dealers. Sticking to the one very close to your place makes sense. You get all the info's from Team-Bhp, hence we do not expect any technical input/suggestion from the dealer, just get that fixed. As far as my experience goes, I have never visited the tyre guy again for any issues, hence no question of service raises (atleast often)
Old 10th November 2009, 09:23   #6
BHPian

Car Accessories

All Car enthus in Coimbatore.

Xenos in Avinashi road Coimbatore is a nice auto boutique. Good products and friendly people.

I got for my Scorpio - K& N filter, Sun Films, Philips 100/90 head light bulbs and good floor mats.

For Skoda - Philips HID kit.

Coimbatore also has a very good upholstery shop - Koyas. Got my Scorpio upholstered from Koyas. Very satisfied with product and quality of fit and finish.

Raja
Scorpio SLX/ Skoda 1.8 TPI/ Bullet STD350.
Old 10th November 2009, 09:52   #7
Senior - BHPian

I have observed that the MASS I visit (Maruti Service Masters) stock Hindalco alloys and Bridgestone tyres. They also have wheel alignment/balancing facility. Will there be any drawback in availing the services from them, as opposed to from a tyre dealer? If yes, will it be only the difference in cost or in technical aspect too?
Old 10th November 2009, 10:35   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti dealers(any car dealers for that matter) will charge much more than the outside tyre market. ALWAYS.

If oyu have a good relation with them, then they might give it to you at a decent rate, but otherwise, it's always higher.
Old 10th November 2009, 11:25   #9
Senior - BHPian

IMO it is always better to get any service/purchase regarding tyres from a reputed tyre dealer as opposed to the M.A.S.S. Reasons:

1. M.A.S.S always charges higher than the tyre dealers (little chances of bargaining)
2. Wide range of options w.r.t tyres/alloys available at the tyre dealers
3. Not sure if M.A.S.S caters to the needs of customers who prefer upsizing.
4. Chances of relatively newer stock available at the tyre dealers.
Old 10th November 2009, 11:33   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Maruti dealers(any car dealers for that matter) will charge much more than the outside tyre market. ALWAYS.
Not only tyres, but battery & all other accessories are always sold higher at MASS. B.M.Lal @ Whites Road & XL Tyre point in anna nagar, T.Nagar are also good places to go.
Old 10th November 2009, 17:16   #11
Senior - BHPian

Tyre Store it is. Dont look anywhere else, you would definitely get a good deal and best bang for the buck. Check out my ownership thread for what Deepak gave me...
Old 10th November 2009, 17:28   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Also, take TBHP's name if you meet Deepak!
Old 10th November 2009, 17:30   #13
Senior - BHPian

I have spoken to Mr. Deepak, owner of Tyrestore, over the phone. He sounded like an extremely professional and knowledgeable guy. The only thing I was unhappy about was the buyback rate that he quoted for my tires. Lal at Whites Road offered a good 800/- more per tire. I would suggest that you visit both the outlets. XL Tyre Point in Annanagar are a bunch of jokers in my opinion. Extremely unprofessional.
Old 10th November 2009, 19:15   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
I have spoken to Mr. Deepak, owner of Tyrestore, over the phone. He sounded like an extremely professional and knowledgeable guy. The only thing I was unhappy about was the buyback rate that he quoted for my tires. Lal at Whites Road offered a good 800/- more per tire. I would suggest that you visit both the outlets. XL Tyre Point in Annanagar are a bunch of jokers in my opinion. Extremely unprofessional.
+1 to that! Stay away from XL

I had a sour experience there, comparatively expensive and they are always right (well, they do think so)!
Old 1st May 2011, 18:19   #15
BHPian

Re: Best Price and Place for alloys and Tyres in Chennai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
+1 to that! Stay away from XL

I had a sour experience there, comparatively expensive and they are always right (well, they do think so)!

Sorry to bump an old thread, but just wanted to concur. Went to XL Tyrepoint today, they are a bunch of obnoxious idiots.

Among the 'wisdom' they shared with me are:
-Michelin XM1+ are pathetic tyres since they are made in China and I would be better off running on my existing 165/80 stock JK Vectras!
-Conti is in a different league from Yoko or BS since they are European!
-Despite having a huge Yokohama board upfront, they were unaware (or pretending to be) that C-drives are available in R14 in India.
-Asked about BS Turanza ER-60, immediate reply - these are very poor tyres that that would be heavy and bad for highway driving, GIII is the only model he would recommend from BS. That, despite specifically mentioning to him that I need a slightly tougher tyre that can take bad roads. The guy is listed as a Bridgestone dealer to boot!

Also, he briefly drove my car to park it at another spot so another car could be brought in, during which time he noticed that it had run 7000 kms. Meanwhile he had asked his guy to show me some tyres, and having seen them I went to his office to check the price. Flatly refused to give me any price since 'we do not buy back old tyres'. I told him a couple of times fine, dont buyback the tyres, just give me the price for new ones and I will scrap/sell the old ones elsewhere. Still kept mumbling that he cant sell tyres to me since he does not buy back old tyres.

I would avoid these guys even if they gave me a better price for something.

Last edited by chncar : 1st May 2011 at 18:21.
chncar is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks