Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2009, 16:36   #1
Senior - BHPian

Got my Nano! Alloy wheel & tyre upgrade suggestions?

I just bought a NANO. A Salute to Mr. Ratan Tata!!
As someone said the AC is Superb, Yes in my car done 210kms. the Blower comes on with the ignition switch! Press the AC switch and it cools crazy.
The blower switch is in short supply and will be replaced as soon as the dealership gets one.
She drives very well. Sounds like my Smart CDI though !
Commendable job I would say from the intial experience.
My person drove her to Mumbai from Pune, from where I got her, and had touched 110kmph on the expressway! came 170kms in 9 litres of petrol.
Can someone please advice how to change over to better and bigger tires and rims.

Can people also prewarn me of the possible causes of fires and the precautions to take.

Last edited by scooby05 : 10th November 2009 at 16:38.
Old 11th November 2009, 11:03   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
I just bought a NANO. A Salute to Mr. Ratan Tata!!
Quote:
Commendable job I would say from the intial experience.
Congrats on the Nano! Coming from someone who has a sweet garage, your comments have weight.

Quote:
My person drove her to Mumbai from Pune, from where I got her, and had touched 110kmph on the expressway! came 170kms in 9 litres of petrol.
Your driver didn't even take the white Scooby over 110 (our supercar drive!) on the expressway.

Quote:
Can someone please advice how to change over to better and bigger tires and rims.
Moving to a new thread.
Old 11th November 2009, 11:06   #3
BHPian

Scooby, snaps are eagerly awaited
Old 11th November 2009, 11:11   #4
BHPian

congrats scooby sir, make her the best looking Nano on the streets.
Old 11th November 2009, 11:11   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Scooby !! How's she on long distance comfort levels ? What are the NVH levels on a Pune-Mum drive ???
Awaiting lots of pictures, also please keep this forum posted on tyre upgrades..
Old 11th November 2009, 11:20   #6
Senior - BHPian

Even i have heard from my friends that the car is of very good handling capacity at high speeds(around 100kmph) and has good performance and even he reports milage of around 20-22kmpl."Scooby" where are the snaps of your cutie(i mean Nano)
Old 11th November 2009, 11:32   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Scooby!

GTO, thanks for guiding me here.

As of now, there are no alloys in the market for the Nano. The nano comes with a 3-hole hub and wheel. All alloys in our market have a minimum of 4 holes. So, it's basically not possible.

However, the JBL team is pimping a Nano. I'm sure they have bigger brains than mine working on it! You can ask Sam and he might be able to get you some info.

The only way it's possible as of now, is to change the hub of the car itself to a 4-hole 100 PCD one. With this conversion, you can fit any 4-hole 100 PCD alloy on it. And then looking at the clearance provided, you can go in for an appropriate choice of tyre as well.
Old 11th November 2009, 11:32   #8
Senior - BHPian

Have seen a car at TBHP with alloys and have heard about a car here at Tvm too with alloys. So getting alloy wont be an issue but would suggest that dont upsize if its not recommended just for fanciness.

Congrats on the car.

Edit:

Nikhil:

Last edited by Technocrat : 12th November 2009 at 19:23. Reason: Put up a smaller image :)
Old 11th November 2009, 11:36   #9
Senior - BHPian

How about a picture of the Nano next to the Smart. IMO that would be an interesting comparison.
Old 11th November 2009, 17:47   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
As of now, there are no alloys in the market for the Nano. The nano comes with a 3-hole hub and wheel.
Doesn't the ultra-long accessory list, that Tata has developed for the Nano, have an option for alloy wheels? What about available tyre sizes?
Old 11th November 2009, 18:07   #11
Senior - BHPian

Go to the south-east. Find an alloy wheel casting company. Give them an order for a set(or more) with the correct hub specs. They should be able to custom drill it for a little more.
Similarly, pick up the appropriate upsized tyres for the front and rear from there.

Also, since its a RWD, you can do a staggered setup.
Old 11th November 2009, 20:53   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

JK, didnt know about that! Thanks.

So, there does seem to be a few alloys. In that case, Scooby, just go around the tyre shops looking for it. You can take my word for it that it is not going to be easy.
Old 11th November 2009, 23:17   #13
BHPian

A customer of mine picked up his Nano today and bought alloys from the Tata dealership. Made in China stuff,alloys looked and felt decent and @ Rs.7,400 for a set of four decently priced as well. The only issue was prying out the TR438 sized valve stems from the cast wheels and putting them onto the alloys. Could not take much pix as I was a bit busy,but will do it in a day or two when the guy comes back for the center caps. Seems Tata has decided to sell the center caps as a diffrent part !! This is what the dealership claimed,I've asked the guy to get in touch with Tata motors to know if it's actually true. In the meanwhile will give him aura caps.
Attached Thumbnails
Got my Nano! Alloy wheel & tyre upgrade suggestions?-dsc00233.jpg  

Got my Nano! Alloy wheel & tyre upgrade suggestions?-dsc00232.jpg  

Old 11th November 2009, 23:34   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Have seen a car at TBHP with alloys and have heard about a car here at Tvm too with alloys. So getting alloy wont be an issue but would suggest that dont upsize if its not recommended just for fanciness.

Congrats on the car.

Edit:

Nikhil: @#1#
hey jkdas, wasnt this nano parked outside BU Bhandari, pashan in pune? i was there in the showroom when this car was parked there.
the graphics and alloys look so awesome. mainly the tight fit seat covers were looking very elegant.
Old 12th November 2009, 09:48   #15
Senior - BHPian

@ amit_mechengg: 'Bouncer' had posted that photo that he had clicked at BUB showroom along with hint to owner's name. 'JKDas' was trying to inform that alloy wheels for Nano would not be that uncommon.

Sorry for being Off Topic.

About tyre upsize: Does market really have correct upsize tyres for Nano?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks