Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2005, 19:03   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What sizes should I settle for
Quote:
I am also planning to get a new new pair of shoes for my GTX.
Best would be 195/60/14 Tried and Tested.

Quote:
Plus they are cheaper by 600Rs a tyre
Anywayz aseem since when didd tyres become so cheap and come at Rs. 600 per peace??
Old 14th September 2005, 03:04   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
NCTs !! I switched from the sameBridgestone tyres on my car to them. Check out my review somewhere on the forum. Less noise, great steering and grip
Airfoil has driven my Baleno too that is fitted with NCTs......hopefully it will help him decide
Old 14th September 2005, 03:11   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Anywayz aseem since when didd tyres become so cheap and come at Rs. 600 per peace
Dude...Aseem mentioned the difference in price per se and not the actual price

Quote:
would go for Goodyears, as for me criteria would be looks. Plus they are cheaper by 600Rs a tyre. I would use the money left elsewhere.
Quote:
Mc Laren, Goodyears are excellent in the rain, high on noise, and have lesser life than Bridgestone GIII, but have a softer ride.
To suffice no tyre is perfect. Go for Goodyear for looks, Potenza for performance, and Michelin Certis for comfort.
Aseem,
Goodyears are very silent tyres...the Eagle NCT 5 I have in my baleno is VERY silent with excellant grip...though believe they will not last as long as bridgestones do.
I have also tried another comparo...I had bridgestones in my uno and a friend had goodyear...while the bridgestones lasted more by abt 50%+..the ride in his car was more silent and cushy compared to mine...have a slipped disc and hence the extra uwanted sensor in my back to checkl these minor difference out.
I have now shifted to Michelin in my uno...but still believe Goodyear is better in silence and ride comfort...the wet grip is also awesome...never lost grip once throughout the monsoons
Old 14th September 2005, 03:41   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
Best would be 195/60/14 Tried and Tested.

Anywayz aseem since when didd tyres become so cheap and come at Rs. 600 per peace??
As Buff already mentioned, I had said that Goodyears GDS II or NCT 5 cost around Rs.600 less than Bridgestone Potenza GIII.
Old 14th September 2005, 13:45   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had said that Goodyears GDS II or NCT 5 cost around Rs.600 less than Bridgestone Potenza GIII
But the Potenzas dont look as good as the F1s. There is also GSD III now. They will be around similar prices of the potenza!
Old 14th September 2005, 13:49   #21
BHPian

Probably a good time to ask an unanswered question...are the Eagle F1 tyres noisy? A local dealer claimed a Mondeo owner returned his newly installed Eagle F1s at a loss of the high road noise.

Could anyone with Eagle F1s confirm? Thanks.
Old 14th September 2005, 14:11   #22
Senior - BHPian

Yes airfoil, The tyres do tend to make alot of noise at speeds excess of 100. They dont have wind cutting line, thats why! My Cars Venturas make a lot of noise at speeds above 100! So just increase the music! LOL
Old 14th September 2005, 14:24   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
There is also GSD III now. They will be around similar prices of the potenza!

Could you explain what the GSD III is? An offshoot of the Potenza GIII?
Old 21st October 2005, 22:35   #24

Yes, the Eagle F1, is a nice tyre but is extremely noisy I have fitted 195/60 R14 on my Accent 1.5 about a month ago and I am thinking of changing it because of its noisy nature.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks