Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2005, 04:16   #16
Senior - BHPian

Please dont play with your and your families life. If all tyres were built as tubeless tyres, than manufacturers will specify that on the tyre and not sell it as tubed or tubeless type. Even if there was 10% more chance of accident, I would definately not take that chance. Rest I leave up to your wisdom. Only in India can these jugaads (clever work) be done of converting tube tyres to tubeless, in US one will be jailed and sued for millions if he does this.
Old 13th September 2005, 07:44   #17
BHPian

NO no NOOOO

Guys. There is a vast diffrence in tubeless and tube type. I mean in construction not only in price.

The ineer compound and sidewall are way diffrent to offer better sealing for loss of air. U might land in a flat going over a pothole on your tubetype converted into tubeless.

One more industry secret. Tubeless tyres are much cheaper tjhan tube type when u account for tube cost also.

So next time justy by tubeless and throw away the old tyres and tubes
Old 13th September 2005, 10:42   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan
What additional "valve" you are talking abt..
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp
i can convert the same tubetype tyres to tubeless by just adding valve to it
and...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan
every tubeless tyre needs to add that valve
bhp's tyre aint tubeless, is it?
Old 13th September 2005, 12:01   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
you have done the right thing dont worry..why would u be wanting to put tubes on a tubeless tyre..just let them be as they are now and enjoy ur drives..
Phew! That saves.. Tx Mc.. See u at the audio thread
Old 15th September 2005, 18:44   #20
bhp
BHPian

guys it was the tyre shop guy who had suggested me and i had converted the tubetype into tubeless .. thanks for the help guysss

i have just sold those tyres and got myself brand new tyres . i am now running on 185/65/r14 goodyear eagle nct 5 .
i have upgraded one size . so i would like to know wat will be the speedo error ,effect on the fe , suspension and ride quality . i am running these tyres on an indigo marina with alloys .

Last edited by bhp : 15th September 2005 at 18:46.
Old 15th September 2005, 18:53   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on taking the wise decision on changing your tyres to proper tubeless ones. Please specify what was the original size of the OE tyres for us to tell you the effect of the new tyres, speedo error, ground clearance etc.
Old 15th September 2005, 18:55   #22
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp
i have upgraded one size . so i would like to know wat will be the speedo error ...
check out this page for the speedo error

http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible.html
Old 15th September 2005, 19:08   #23
bhp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
Congratulations on taking the wise decision on changing your tyres to proper tubeless ones. Please specify what was the original size of the OE tyres for us to tell you the effect of the new tyres, speedo error, ground clearance etc.
i stock tyres were 175/65/r14
Old 15th September 2005, 22:08   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new tyres...the Eagle NCT 5 (I have the same in my Baleno) are teh best tyres I have used till now....very smoots and cushy ride with adequate wet and dry grip. One word of caution though...dont expect them to outlast the Bridgestones (which while noisy and bumpy...deliver exceptional mileage)
Old 20th September 2005, 18:34   #25
bhp
BHPian

guys i need some help . wat shall be the correct tyre pressure in the new set of tyres i have got . the company suggest s for 27 psi . i was on the mumbai - pune expressway this weekend with the new rubber and my car was vibrating even at the speed of 50 kmph . the car sterring was wobling very badly at 100 kmph whereas i use to do atleast 120 kmph on stock tyres and there wasnt any vibartion at all . also i have left my car for servicing now and told them to check the suspension . is it a problem of the balancing that i had done . guys please help me
Old 20th September 2005, 18:39   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp
guys i need some help . wat shall be the correct tyre pressure in the new set of tyres i have got . the company suggest s for 27 psi . i was on the mumbai - pune expressway this weekend with the new rubber and my car was vibrating even at the speed of 50 kmph . the car sterring was wobling very badly at 100 kmph whereas i use to do atleast 120 kmph on stock tyres and there wasnt any vibartion at all . also i have left my car for servicing now and told them to check the suspension . is it a problem of the balancing that i had done . guys please help me
that is almost nothing to do with pressure but looks like the wheel balancing is not done right...too many times the tyre wallahs do not take time to balance the wheels right..(especially if it is a crowded shop...they have more customers waiting) and hence the wobble...get the balancing and alignment checked..it happened with my NCT5s too...got them balanced later..

Last edited by Buffetfan : 20th September 2005 at 18:41.
Old 20th September 2005, 19:02   #27
bhp
BHPian

i had just done the balancing and not alignment bcoz my car has just clocked 10k kms and it is advised to do the first alignment only after 15k kms . the guy had balanced in front of me and that time the weights were just perfect . i dont know wat is the problem i will get it checked it again . thx a lot bud
Old 20th September 2005, 19:25   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp
i had just done the balancing and not alignment bcoz my car has just clocked 10k kms and it is advised to do the first alignment only after 15k kms . the guy had balanced in front of me and that time the weights were just perfect . i dont know wat is the problem i will get it checked it again . thx a lot bud
Every time you change tyres you need wheel alignment done as well. The dealers mostly discourage this due to extra time involved and give fundas like new cars dont need to alligned. Well that is correct, provided we dont change tyre size on the new car!
Old 26th September 2005, 17:26   #29
bhp
BHPian

guys i need help !!!!!!!
i am still facing vibration problem in car even at speeds of 40+ kmph . it feels like the car is jumping . i have shown the tata dealer for suspension check and they say its fine whereas the alignment guy says it might be a problem with the front studs . i have just done balancing again and also got the alignment checked .. it is perfectly fine . guys i need your advice shall i go to another tata authorized service centre where they can check and lemme know in mumbai ..
Old 26th September 2005, 17:55   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp
guys i need help !!!!!!!
i am still facing vibration problem in car even at speeds of 40+ kmph . it feels like the car is jumping . i have shown the tata dealer for suspension check and they say its fine whereas the alignment guy says it might be a problem with the front studs . i have just done balancing again and also got the alignment checked .. it is perfectly fine . guys i need your advice shall i go to another tata authorized service centre where they can check and lemme know in mumbai ..
Try and check with another known tyre shop for the balancing and alignment. Maybe the guy here isnt owning up - it should not and cannot be the suspension giving way before 10K Kms.

where did u get ur tyres from BHP ?

try out saifee at santacruz - he is good.

cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks