Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2010, 11:10   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Some tubetype tyres and identical in construction to their tubetype counterparts and can be used without the tube. Like some sizes of the BS S322
Nikhil,
Just curious as to what sizes in Bridgestone. Is 17/65/r14 S322 one of these tires that can be used without the tube?
Old 7th March 2010, 20:52   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by casreeni View Post
When one of my car's tyres got punctured,my tyre shop persons inspected the tube.It was completely worn.They advised me not to buy a new tube,but to convert my tyre to a tubeless one!
They changed the neck of the tyre and filled the air into the tubeless tyre(my old tyre without tube).Now it is running ok.But is this a scientific way? help me.
When I bought my Getz in Apr '09 it came with Goodyear tubed type tyres (175/65 R14). Next morning after delivery I went to Iyengar Tyre clinic on outer ring road BSK 3rd stage in Bangalore to get them replaced with tubeless tyres. The elderly gentleman there advised me to do the same thing i.e., remove the tube, change the neck and use them as tubeless. I was not sure if that was ok. He lectured me that it is perfectly safe, more economical option for me and then called a goodyear guy and asked me to speak to that guy who said it is perfectly ok and warranty on the tyre wont be void.

So I went ahead and got this change done on all the tyres. Since then I have driven 11500km on highways and city and havent faced any issues so far.

I am not a expert on this, but just wanted to tell about my experience.
mohan41 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks