Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2010, 18:13   #16
BHPian

can we have the pic of the car if you have finished fitting the wheels. cant wait anymore
Old 28th February 2010, 23:47   #17
BHPian

Guys Sorry For The Delay Here Are The Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4LOVER View Post
can we have the pic of the car if you have finished fitting the wheels. cant wait anymore
Just Took A Couple Of Snaps Today Evening, Here They Go. Also Posted Are Old Pictures With The Stock Silver Alloys.
Attached Thumbnails
I Finally Used Up My Sunday To Paint My Alloys.-dsc00830.jpg  

I Finally Used Up My Sunday To Paint My Alloys.-dsc00829.jpg  

I Finally Used Up My Sunday To Paint My Alloys.-dsc00828.jpg  

I Finally Used Up My Sunday To Paint My Alloys.-dsc00827.jpg  

I Finally Used Up My Sunday To Paint My Alloys.-dsc00826.jpg  

I Finally Used Up My Sunday To Paint My Alloys.-image022.jpg  

I Finally Used Up My Sunday To Paint My Alloys.-100_1646.jpg  

Old 28th February 2010, 23:56   #18
Senior - BHPian

That's wonderful , but running to Tyre guy 4 times would have been very tiring .

You put the alloy immediately after painting .No need to wait for it to dry ?

No need to apply clear coat ?
Old 1st March 2010, 00:24   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky080 View Post
great going zazer the wheels looks cool. Is that a bent alloy i see ? how fast do you drive man ?
Thanks rocky. Actually the alloys were damaged when it accidently went over a big hole. Being a T-Bhpian I dont drive fast I drive safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Nice work and a handy DIY Zazer. Was there anu problem when re-fitting the tyres? like paint scraping due to nut/wrench movement?.
Well there wasnt any problem, as I put the painted alloy back only when I was sure that the paint had completely dried plus as a added precaution I asked the tyrewala guy to exercise extra caution While tightening the nuts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
Excellent job man. Do post the pics once you fit them back onto the car.
Thank You
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post
Very impressive DIY work. A back breaking activity, you should be proud of your fitness.

Did you have the compressor or you used vacumn cleaner for the spray paint.

Please post pics of the car with the white alloys
Thank you but actually it was really tiring and lifting the alloys all the way to my room and then back did take its toll on my back, but thats a price I was willing to pay. And as already mentioned the paint comes in a ready to spray can, u just have to shake it and spray it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Just a Word of caution from a seasoned DIYer. Esp when it comes to painting. Bosny White is VERY soft for a few hours after you apply it. Take extreme care!
Thank you cyrus, I did take care to let the paint dry and only then did I go to the next step.
Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
That's wonderful , but running to Tyre guy 4 times would have been very tiring .

You put the alloy immediately after painting .No need to wait for it to dry ?

No need to apply clear coat ?
Well yes running to the tyre guy was tiring, but I guess it all got lost some where in the excitement. And for the alloys I waited till I was sure that the paint is completely dry and only then did I proceed with the next step of putting it back on the car. Well I could have used clear coat but the paint shop guy told me that it wasnt required as the paint gives the required shine. According to him it would help protect the paint in the long run.
Old 1st March 2010, 00:44   #20

Looks Good!! Very Euro Chic!!
Old 1st March 2010, 13:12   #21
Senior - BHPian

Refurbishing/Repainting my OZs

Hi all,

Ive gone thru almost 3 threads now on refurbishing/repainting alloys and rims and I must say that the results are impressive!
Now I have a set of OZ Racing Canova on my Swift and eventhough I have tried my level best to look after them, the Mumbai roads have taken its toll on them. There are scuffs and scrapes on them and I am dying to have them refurbished. However, I would like to have them with their original finish which is Crystal Titanium.

Here is a pic of the wheel on the website and the one on my car. Is it possible to get the same colour and finish?
Attached Thumbnails
I Finally Used Up My Sunday To Paint My Alloys.-canova.jpg  

I Finally Used Up My Sunday To Paint My Alloys.-my-car.jpg  

Old 1st March 2010, 13:24   #22
BHPian

Great work, looks good on the car.

A decent job well executed.
Old 1st March 2010, 16:06   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hi all,

Ive gone thru almost 3 threads now on refurbishing/repainting alloys and rims and I must say that the results are impressive!
Now I have a set of OZ Racing Canova on my Swift and eventhough I have tried my level best to look after them, the Mumbai roads have taken its toll on them. There are scuffs and scrapes on them and I am dying to have them refurbished. However, I would like to have them with their original finish which is Crystal Titanium.

Here is a pic of the wheel on the website and the one on my car. Is it possible to get the same colour and finish?
Insted of trying a DIY take your car to the nearest paitshop and ask them to paint them for you, i am sure the colors can be matched to perfection. They will also fill some putty in the deeper scracthes and apply paint on it.

Pramod
Old 19th March 2010, 16:16   #24
BHPian

Will the paint scrap off in due time ??
Old 19th March 2010, 16:22   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushroomz View Post
Will the paint scrap off in due time ??
If a proper painting technique is used the paint would not chip off, However there is a higher chance of that happening in these DIY jobs (no offences, i know the fun involved) but even new alloys loose paint so as long as you can re do it, chipping paint would never be an issue.

Pramod
Old 19th March 2010, 16:35   #26
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone used the buffing technique for bringing the old glory back on the rims. ? I asked for a repaint on my lancer alloys and they suggested buffing. It involves polishing with some material in a rather fast action. Waiting to see the results.
Old 19th March 2010, 16:37   #27
BHPian

Dude.. Supa cool.. You da man.. I had tried my hand at DIYing alloys in my Car. The results were catastrophic, luckily i had the sense to stop after the first alloy and took it all back to the paint wala. I could still remember my Mom's shocked expression on seeing black (paint) ever where

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks