Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2010, 12:42   #1
Senior - BHPian

Marangoni Tyres

Hi All,

As posted in Accent tyre thread, i changed the tyres on Accent CRDI to Falkens. This post is not to talk about that but to keep you informed on a different brand Marangoni which was introduced to me by my dealer.

Marangoni's are italian imports and comewith 3 year replacement warranty and cost is very competitive. I checked through all the available brands and decided to go with Falken's since i got a good deal. So here's my cost quoted for different tyres on 175/70/R13 tyres.

Bridestone Turanza - 3300
Falken - 3150
Michelin XM1 - 3650
Appollo Accelere - 3170
Marangoni - 2350

Please note the cost of Marangoni, its comparable to a 20% used tyre price. Tough name looks funny like clevermax posted in another thread, it looks mean.

Being known for each other since long, dealer vouched for its VFM. But life would not be as good as indian makes since these consignments are imported ones made for other countries with a different weather and road condition (10-15% less mileage compared to indian made ones). Thread patterns are also looking nice but available only in common sizes (they keep stock for only fast moving ones). He is not very happy about their warranty since he had couple of issues due to the consignments got late.

Mods: Couldnt find any threads for Marangoni other than two posts in different threads. Please move if there is a better place.
Old 24th May 2010, 21:55   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Not worth the hassle.

What sort of QC does this company follow? How good are the tyres in the wet? Are they silent?

The tyres are your ONLY contact with the ground. If they fail, you are basically screwed. You might lose your life as well.

Is 1,000/- per tyre a fair value on your life and those of your passengers?
Old 24th May 2010, 22:44   #3
BANNED

Thanks jacs for the topic.

Found some interesting thing about Marangoni on the WWW.

http://tyre.marangoni.com/

Marangoni Group. MYTHOS

Not a cheap quality tyre by any means.

That dealer of yours is for sure knowledgeable. Nice to know someone who knows what he's selling.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 24th May 2010 at 22:49.
Old 24th May 2010, 22:58   #4
BHPian

It seems like they also make tyres for the purpose of drifting.
Old 24th May 2010, 23:24   #5
Senior - BHPian

They could be QC rejects.
Old 24th May 2010, 23:27   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
if 1.5k is okay for stock swift 14 inchers ......
Old 24th May 2010, 23:39   #7
MAS
Senior - BHPian

The web site posted by Pavan is interesting. The name Marangoni does not sound Italian to me. I will ask my tyre guy (XL tyre point) tomorrow and get back. What amazes me is that the price of these imported tyres. They are a good 25% lower when compared to Falcon.
Old 25th May 2010, 09:10   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
They could be QC rejects.
Does'nt seem like ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
The web site posted by Pavan is interesting. The name Marangoni does not sound Italian to me. I will ask my tyre guy (XL tyre point) tomorrow and get back. What amazes me is that the price of these imported tyres. They are a good 25% lower when compared to Falcon.
None of us knew about many tyres before they came to India, these might also be one amongst them.

Many branded tyres cost on the lower side, but due to dealers higher margins, the tyre costs go up.

A simple example of 13 inchers set of 4, Yoko's for my car costed between 12.75k to 13.7k at many dealers across Bangalore, One guy (MILLIVISIONS) who's known to be the best in prices, and yet keeps a simple margin gave me the same tyres Manufactured in Feb 2010 at 10K.

Its all dealer game.
Old 25th May 2010, 09:21   #9
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

One of my friend who was working with an Italian customer told its common in italy and comes stock with many cars. May be they would increase the price once market is found inviting. My feel is Marangoni would be any day better than a lower band indian tyre, i had very disappointing experience with Appollo AMAZER even after spending 3000+ bucks per tyre.

My cousin who works with MRF told it can be a QC rejection bulk also. But not to worry about the quality, since they would reject any damaged ones from selling anywhere. Most of the imports are tyres which gets rejected on brand image grounds, like a improper emboss print of logo or description etc.
Old 25th May 2010, 10:53   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Does'nt seem like ones.

None of us knew about many tyres before they came to India, these might also be one amongst them.

Many branded tyres cost on the lower side, but due to dealers higher margins, the tyre costs go up.

A simple example of 13 inchers set of 4, Yoko's for my car costed between 12.75k to 13.7k at many dealers across Bangalore, One guy (MILLIVISIONS) who's known to be the best in prices, and yet keeps a simple margin gave me the same tyres Manufactured in Feb 2010 at 10K.

Its all dealer game.
My dear friend,

You have it all wrong. It's less of a dealer's game and more of company game.

Millivisions makes as much as any other dealer in town. Probably more!
Old 25th May 2010, 21:43   #11
BANNED

Quote:
My dear friend,

You have it all wrong. It's less of a dealer's game and more of company game.

Millivisions makes as much as any other dealer in town. Probably more!
So Marangoni tyres are OK. Thats good to know one more tyre brand in the market.

I quite dont agree with that.

2 months and after buying 20 tyres from him, i am very much sure He's the best in town when it comes to prices.
Old 30th May 2010, 16:48   #12
Senior - BHPian

All brands are fine, as long as they don't fail or if one doesn't appreciate the value of tyres. Have not heard of Marangoni ever but then I hadn't heard of Kenda, Wanli, Silverstone, Maxxis, LingLong or the likes of them either.

Like I've said in the past, if you value your car or your life enough to buy some brand so to save 4k, I don't really have much to say. But then again, its an individual preference.
Old 30th May 2010, 17:12   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Mods: Couldnt find any threads for Marangoni other than two posts in
different threads. Please move if there is a better place.
One of those posts is mine asking if anyone here is using Marangoni.

Slightly OT but can't help

The name of this brand (Marangoni) will sound so funny to any Mallu. It doesn't mean anything in Malayalam as such, but something about the way it sounds makes it really funny.

Last edited by clevermax : 30th May 2010 at 17:15.
Old 31st May 2010, 08:44   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Like I've said in the past, if you value your car or your life enough to buy some brand so to save 4k, I don't really have much to say. But then again, its an individual preference.
. But if its comparable to any of the common selling brands (not premiums), it makes sense to save 4K rit? I'm not an expert here but understand these are not Indian releases but imported (as per my MRF friend, it can be a QC reject due to deformed label or something). However seller is happy with performance but not so happy with service incase of a warranty claim though they hadn't many(Marangoni offer 3 year replacement warranty).

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
One of those posts is mine asking if anyone here is using Marangoni.
Ya saw that. Even I thought its some Kunnamkulam made product until I visited Marangoni Tyre. And my friend was in Italy for onsite told its quite a common brand there, that prompted me to post it here.
Old 31st May 2010, 09:29   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not worth the hassle.

What sort of QC does this company follow? How good are the tyres in the wet? Are they silent?

The tyres are your ONLY contact with the ground. If they fail, you are basically screwed. You might lose your life as well.

Why are you so cynical about new brands, people here dont need advise on what is good or bad for their life, we are just looking for answers.

Slightly OT, i have seen nankangs from 1998 in delhi but everybody believes its the worst tyre money can buy, Infact these were the only wide tubeless tryes available then, i know people who have these on their skodas and say they are good value for money, i feel since they have good global presence they must have considerable amout of R&D done as well. Tell me where else in the world do they sell MRF, I know apollo has manufacturing plants in 3 different countries, but which other so called quality tested india manufacturer sells their tyres in huge numbers?

Pramod

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks