Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2005, 15:01   #1
BHPian

Alloys & Tyre for Swift

Dear All,

I am planning to upgrade my Swift VXI to 15" Alloys. I am bit confused after the market search being made on these Alloys & Tyres, whether should I go for 14" / 15" Alloys. I have some doubts if I go for 195/60/15 -

How will the ride quality & comfort would be?

After the extensive research made & calculations, I zeroed in for 185/65/15. But I am not able to find the tyres in Bangalore for this ratio. So I decided upon 195/60/15, but the offset for 15" HR alloys is 7J. But the normal stock tyres come with 5.5J.

Is this offset OK, 7J?

Please do share their experiences from Swift guys who are having these profiles fitted.

Thanks a ton in advance.

Cheers,
Pradeep
Old 23rd November 2005, 15:39   #2
BHPian

Look No further

http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible.html

The above link would provide you all answers you need.

Enter the current tyre specs and select new tyre specs that you may want; check to see that the Difference in circumference iswithin 3%.

After which check the rim sizes supported for that tyre size also available in the link.

Check It First!
If you decide to fatten up the tyres on your car, another consideration should be clearance with bits of your car. There's no point in getting super-fat tyres if they're going to rub against the inside of your wheel arches. Also, on cars with McPherson strut front suspension, there's a very real possibility that the tyre will foul the steering linkage on the suspension.
Old 24th November 2005, 08:57   #3
Team-BHP Support

Please check else where in forum where this query has been posted

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showth...ighlight=swift

Thread closed
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks