Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2010, 09:17   #1
BHPian

Replacement Tyres for the New Ford Endeavour 4x4 AT

Hi! Everyone,

I'm disappointed with the MRF ZVRL tyres on my 11 month old Endeavour 4x4AT. I have had so many punctures in city driving conditions that it's now becoming a joke.

What is the best AT tyre for the new Endy? I was hoping to get slightly broader tyres than the current ones...maybe a 255? I am looking for a handsome All Terrain tyre. The current ones are purely highway IMHO and offer very little grip in a 4L situation even with the PSI down a few points.

Photos of your replacement tyres will be welcome!

I would like to retain the original rims.
Old 27th October 2010, 10:18   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

the original ENDY of 5 years back used to come with 265 size tyres.
you might find those a bit of a handful really.

Have you thought of BF Goodrich AT or Yokohama Geolandar AT?
Suggest you PM a really knowledgeable chap like tsk1979 and nikhilb2008 for their inputs - I think you will benefit greatly from their advice.
Old 27th October 2010, 13:37   #3
Senior - BHPian

hillbilly whats the stock size of the endy's wheels ? I have swapped the tires on my scorpio to Yoko' Geolanders AT size 255/65/R16 . Have put up a thread here about my experience with these tires.

That said the BFG's are also pretty good tires, a friend has been running his Dicor with the BFG's and is mighty happy with them.
Old 27th October 2010, 21:10   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
whats the stock size of the endy's wheels ?
@rjstyles69 - The stock tyres are 245/70 R16 with a rating of 111 S

I wouldn't like to compromise too much on the turning radius by putting in very broad tyres. Being a 4x4 its really bad already!

I've also been thinking of the Yokohama Geolandars and BFG. Will see your review.

Thanks for the inputs.
Old 24th December 2010, 21:33   #5
BHPian

Re: Replacement Tyres for the New Ford Endeavour 4x4 AT

Hi, i know this is reply is very late to your thread but nevertheless, i have put on 275/70/16 Bridgestone Duler AT on my Jan 2010 endy since the day it rolled out of the showroom, the performance is awesome and i use it extensively off-road.

Note From Team-Bhp Support: Kindly use the team-bhp 'Reply' or 'Quick Reply' textbox's to post (or use notepad). Using a rich text editor like MS Word and pasting content here results in formatting tags appearing in the post.
Attached Thumbnails
Replacement Tyres for the New Ford Endeavour 4x4 AT-picture-038.jpg  

Replacement Tyres for the New Ford Endeavour 4x4 AT-picture-108.jpg  

Last edited by Amartya : 26th December 2010 at 00:04. Reason: Reason mentioned in-line with the post.
Old 28th December 2010, 14:20   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill22g View Post
Hi, i know this is reply is very late to your thread but nevertheless, i have put on 275/70/16 Bridgestone Duler AT on my Jan 2010 endy since the day it rolled out of the showroom, the performance is awesome and i use it extensively off-road.
Dear Gill22g,

These certainly look better than the stock tyres. But one question here, is the size too big for the spare wheel cover, or have you removed the cover for purely aesthetic reasons?

Does this size affect the breaking and handling in any way?
Old 29th December 2010, 23:55   #7
BHPian

Actualy the spare wheel cover fits perfectly but i feel it looks better without it, there is no problem in handling or braking of the vehicle moreover i feel both have improved a bit with these tyres
Old 3rd January 2011, 17:26   #8
BHPian

Wow! Thats nice to know!

I checked out an online tyre size comparison calculator and found the results interesting!

I hope the mods will not be cross with this link here...but here it is nevertheless..

Tire size calculator

This is precisely what I thought....

My Endeavour shows that its doing 85Kmph on the speedo when the Mapmyindia GPS shows its only 81Kmph. So I guess the stock tyres on the Indian model are actually the incorrect size. This error factor goes up proportionately as I drive at higher speeds.

FYI. You can get a large digital readout of the speed you are travelling at by touching the GPS icon twice at the bottom of the Mapmyindia navigator's screen. This will bring up an Analog Speedo. Click anywhere in the middle of the Analog Speedo and hey presto you get a nice large digital reading like the Honda Civic's!

So, my feeling that my car has done less KM's that the odometer says it has does holds true.
Old 3rd January 2011, 18:34   #9
Team-BHP Support

Stock tires are not of incorrect size. Most speedos have a 2-3% error. They show speed greater than actual.
This is true for all cars. In some cars the error can be as high as 10%, but 5% is usual.
Old 7th April 2011, 20:12   #10
BHPian

Thanks, that solves one riddle

My Endy is due for a tire change soon - I love Bridgestones on my sedans, and I do not like MRFs - any suggestions on what I can go for? I am considering the Geolanders, or something from Bridgestone. How about the Apollo Hawks, any good?

Would like to stay with the stock sizes though...
Old 7th August 2011, 18:59   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry to bring this thread up again but I am looking to get tires just like yours for my Endy and cannot seem to find them no matter where I look. COuld you please let me know where you found them? Thank you so much.
Old 9th August 2011, 12:36   #12
BHPian

Hii, the bridgestones are no more available in INDIA..... my endy is now running on 275/70/16 Yokohama Geolanders AT Tyres.
Old 10th August 2011, 06:24   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Hii, the bridgestones are no more available in INDIA..... my endy is now running on 275/70/16 Yokohama Geolanders AT Tyres.
Could you please tell me where you got those tyres from please? I've been hunting for tyres for my Endeavour for a month now and just cannot find one that is taller and wider that my current set. 275/70/R16 is perfect!

Thanks a lot.
Old 18th August 2011, 16:26   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Don't mean to hijack your thread but I have a similar query. I have an Endy 4x2 TDCi, our usage is purely city and highway. No offroading, which is the best comfort tyre for my needs? Also should I upsize to improve stability as it is used very frequently on the highway?
Old 5th September 2011, 00:00   #15
BHPian

Need a change of tires, with almost 30000 on these MRFs, I am sure I am due for a hydroplaning event very soon! Any recommendations? I need something that looks good, and will allow me a comfortable ride, and provide good grip and superb handling on poor quality roads (too much to ask?), with a little bit of amateur offroading, and mostly city/highway driving. MRF was OK, but didn't give me the kind of confidence I needed on bad roads. And there have been too many punctures. How good are the Apollo Hawks? BF Goodrich look great, but I have never driven them before. Any other suggestions? I love Bridgestones on my sedans, but if the Duelers are no longer available in India, what are the other options?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks