Team-BHP - VW Polo : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   VW Polo : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/92635-vw-polo-tyre-wheel-upgrade-thread-4.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epic (Post 2648225)
Second - OZ Ultraleggeras

Go in for these mate. Would look amazing on the Polo.
I'm on the look out for the "Polo Cup" alloys for my 1.6

Quote:

Originally Posted by speed kills (Post 2651605)
I'm on the look out for the "Polo Cup" alloys for my 1.6

+1 for these. will look head turner on Polo.

Quote:

Hi guys,

First - OZ Canovas
Second - OZ Ultraleggeras
Third - OZ Superturismo GT

what will be landed cost for these (set of 4 or 5?)?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky (Post 2651656)
what will be landed cost for these (set of 4 or 5?)?

It is around 60k for a set of 04 rims.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 (Post 2649608)
I vote for either of these 2. They look spectacular!

Quote:

Originally Posted by speed kills (Post 2651605)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky (Post 2651656)
+1 for these. will look head turner on Polo.

Thank you Nikhilb2008, speed kills & Nicky for the inputs. Really appreciate it.

Quote:

Third - OZ Superturismo GT

I feel this one will look the best, and color of this also looks abit different for the regular alloys.
Hope it didnt confuse you lol:.
Cheers.

Hi guys,

Since I dont have photoshop, I have attached a couple of pics with the rims I had short listed on just to give you guys an idea of what the car could possibly look like. The car is I believe a black VW Golf which are on the same line as the Polo. Let me know what you guys think.

1. Silver OZ Ultraleggeras on black car
2. Silver OZ Superturismo GT on black car
3. Gold OZ Ultraleggers on black car

Guys! Also found a pic of OZ Canovas on a black Golf. I find them looking wicked. Let me know what you guys think.

Epic! What's you're take on these?
This is what I'm looking for :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by speed kills (Post 2654026)

They are super! I think there is a design like this in Lenso, not sure though. I am somehow a 5-spoke fan and find the multi-spoke rims difficult to keep clean. But I guess for my Polo I may end up with a multi-spoke eventhough I am damn tempted to the 5-spoke OZ Canovas.

Lenso also has an app for iPhone where one can click a picture of your car and have different rim designs of different sizes adjusted on the picture so you will get an idea of how your car will look. Pretty cool stuff.

You can also check out AVA Wheels, they have some pretty cool designs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speed kills (Post 2654026)

Which Alloys are these ? Any idea ? Can we get them in India

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veels n Rhodes (Post 2663315)
Which Alloys are these ? Any idea ? Can we get them in India

These are the Polo Cup Edition Alloys. I've enquired at a couple of places for the same. None of em' seem to have any idea about these alloys.

I however have found a dealer in Germany who's willing to ship the same to Bangalore.

they look like the Borbet LV5's. Check

Hey guys,

Now that I have finally got my Polo 1.6, I am on the look out for a tyre upgrade. Eventhough I had posted earlier that I was looking for a wheel upsize and had also chosen the designs and stuff, I have decided to try and keep the car as stock as possible. I also seem to like the alloy design available on the Polo which are pretty simple yet a bit sporty. Another reason that is avoiding me from upsizing the alloys is probably the sacrifice of ride quality. I had 205/55/15 on my Swift and there was a huge difference from stock. The car also started to rattle alot so would not want that to happen here again.

Anyway, I have decided to upgrade the tyres and would probably do it before the rains. Now I have experienced the Goodyear F1 GSD2 and the Yokohama S-Drives and eventhough I loved both the tyres for their performance, the Yokos were definitely a step up in performance as well as tread design.

Now since its a tyre upgrade, the sizes applicable would be 195/60/R15 OR 205/55/R15, out of which the 205s seem to be the better bet right? I am looking for a tyre that has performance, comfort and a good tread design. I am looking at the following choices and these are based on the looks and hence would require your inputs on the performance and comfort part.

1. Continental - ContiPremium Contact 2
2. Goodyear Eagle F1
3. Yokohama S-Drive
4. Michelin Pilot Preceda
5. Michelin Pilot Sport 2 / 3

Please feel free to suggest and recommend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epic (Post 2708039)
Hey guys,

Now that I have finally got my Polo 1.6, I am on the look out for a tyre upgrade. Eventhough I had posted earlier that I was looking for a wheel upsize and had also chosen the designs and stuff, I have decided to try and keep the car as stock as possible. I also seem to like the alloy design available on the Polo which are pretty simple yet a bit sporty. Another reason that is avoiding me from upsizing the alloys is probably the sacrifice of ride quality. I had 205/55/15 on my Swift and there was a huge difference from stock. The car also started to rattle alot so would not want that to happen here again.

Anyway, I have decided to upgrade the tyres and would probably do it before the rains. Now I have experienced the Goodyear F1 GSD2 and the Yokohama S-Drives and eventhough I loved both the tyres for their performance, the Yokos were definitely a step up in performance as well as tread design.

Now since its a tyre upgrade, the sizes applicable would be 195/60/R15 OR 205/55/R15, out of which the 205s seem to be the better bet right? I am looking for a tyre that has performance, comfort and a good tread design. I am looking at the following choices and these are based on the looks and hence would require your inputs on the performance and comfort part.

1. Continental - ContiPremium Contact 2
2. Goodyear Eagle F1
3. Yokohama S-Drive
4. Michelin Pilot Preceda
5. Michelin Pilot Sport 2 / 3

Please feel free to suggest and recommend.

Hey guys! Im surprised to not see any replies on this!

If you are not planning to change your stock alloy rims which I believe is 6J size or less, stick to 195/60 section tyres. Though theoritically you can fit 205 section, it is not advisable.