Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2020, 11:48   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Budget Alloy wheels + tubeless tyres for Wagon R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistOfFate! View Post
Hi Ashish,

Would you mind sharing the pictures of your WagonR with 165/65 R14s? I'm at 31k KMs on my 2016 WagonR stock tyres and they're pretty worn out already (surprising considering the mileage).
Your experience is similar to what I had observed earlier. I believe this could be known issue, a weak suspension which increases tyre wear especially the higher variant with 14" tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
In the last 2 months, I noticed 3 different WagonRs parked, which had run some distance. They were running Apollo Amazers which looked worn out (hence my assumption about their running). In these three random samples, I could see the outer edges of the rear tyres were worn out more than then inner edges. The front tyres were very evenly worn out through out. Even though I don't know the history of these cars, it can't be coincidence they have same suspension issues. It seems like a known or frequent issue affecting several WagonRs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistOfFate! View Post
I'm looking to upsize the tyre width and contemplating between the 175s and 165s. Any reference pictures will help.

Regards,
Vinay
Based on my experience, 165s made the performance a little sluggish compared to the stock 155 section tyres. For the 1.0L engine, the 175 would be an overkill.

The car is back at my home town with my parents and hence, I can't click any recent pics but you can find some old pics where you see the tyre profile. Quoting few of my posts on my ownership thread where you can see the tyres.

The Yokohamas can be found these posts.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

And here are the MRF ZLXs
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by ashis89 : 29th June 2020 at 11:52.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks