Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2008, 17:42   #1

User Reviews - Tyre Protector Products

Hi I have honda civic. just saw the advertisement of Ride on TPS for tyre protection. any feedback on the same..is it good to have them..pricing etc????

tyres are tubeless.
Old 7th August 2008, 16:55   #2

am talking about this: Ride-On ® | Tire Protection System

let me know if anybody knows any pros and cons.
Old 27th October 2008, 20:35   #3
BHPian

Ride-on Gel for Tubeless Tyres

Was watching Zee Business few days back and saw a program on Ride-on Gel for tubeless tyres which they claimed would in addition to making the tyres puncture free would also increase mileage !! Tyres need to be filled with nitrogen after injection of the Gel. This is a one time application.

Came across their site Ride-On ® | Tire Protection System but have not been able to find the Indian dealership and price of the product.

Last edited by emkay456 : 27th October 2008 at 20:37.
Old 30th October 2008, 15:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

I have been seeing their 3-4 page advertisements in Autocar for some time. It will be nice to know how much it would cost.
Old 31st October 2008, 12:46   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Evidently, not too many onboard have used Ride-on. Emkay, why don't you opt in and put up a review of us?

Quote:
in addition to making the tyres puncture free would also increase mileage !!
Done me for the day!! I know FE sells in India but this is truly the pits.

Last edited by Technocrat : 31st October 2008 at 12:57.
Old 31st October 2008, 13:08   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Done me for the day!! I know FE sells in India but this is truly the pits.
I was trying to find out if Nitrogen is lighter than air (and hence less rotating /unsprung mass), to see even if theoretically (however marginal/fractional it may be) it could result in improved FE. But it seems like nitrogen is less dense then air but not really lighter.
Old 31st October 2008, 14:36   #7
Senior - BHPian

These things will create a mess when you want to change the tyres or remove them for some reason. the entire thing will be quite messy. In addition, some have said that the gel corrodes rims
Old 31st October 2008, 15:06   #8
Team-BHP Support

This is similar to Slime?
If so contact Anupmathur, he has a good experience with slime in his scorpio.
Old 1st November 2008, 11:52   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I was trying to find out if Nitrogen is lighter than air (and hence less rotating /unsprung mass), to see even if theoretically (however marginal/fractional it may be) it could result in improved FE.
Air is like 70+% nitrogen already! I have posted this in the nitro air filling thread and insist that filling nitrogen in your tyres has no real benefits.

Quote:
Well, improving ride quality is an unheard advantage of nitrogen. But as long as you guys are happy....

Goodyear

Toyo

Firestone

Notice that even firestone claims that the only real benefit is that Nitrogen maintains pressure for a longer period. Its accepted that you wont need to check your air-pressure as often with nitro as you would with regular air.
Quote:
Umm, isnt air like already 78 - 79% nitrogen? What gives with that additional percentage? From all that I have read (online and off), the only areas where benefits will show are on large trucks, racing cars and aircraft. No credible source has attested to any significant benefit of using nitro in the tyres of everyday use cars.

Lower pressure checks are the only benefits that I have heard of. Well, I give the entire car a run-through (fluids, air etc.) everytime I fill up petrol so this really doesnt make a difference to me. Or to most of us.Sure, it would help in keeping tyre temperature low if you intend to cruise at 250 kph all day but............
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2009, 20:37   #10

Ride-on Tps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I have been seeing their 3-4 page advertisements in Autocar for some time. It will be nice to know how much it would cost.
The website for Ride-On TPS is Thakor Drive-on drive-on.in and have a Mobile Van for MUMBAI and PUNE details of pricing can be available only after TEAM Bhp's permission of allowing to post contact numbers and other replies regarding benifits of Ride-On TPS. I am new to the Team-Bhp and will follow the rules. I will reply any queries related to tyres. In India TYRE is the most negleted part of a vehicle. It is better to educate the user about the importance of Tyre
Old 27th January 2009, 16:44   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

I think this might create complication for cars with TPMS sensors. Or else it is a good alternative to run flat tires. You might not need a spare wheel at all.
Old 27th January 2009, 22:24   #12
BHPian

Can this be used on NITROGEN inflated tyres ??????
Old 23rd March 2009, 21:20   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandanabarot View Post
The website for Ride-On TPS is Thakor Drive-on drive-on.in and have a Mobile Van for MUMBAI and PUNE details of pricing can be available only after TEAM Bhp's permission of allowing to post contact numbers and other replies regarding benifits of Ride-On TPS. I am new to the Team-Bhp and will follow the rules. I will reply any queries related to tyres. In India TYRE is the most negleted part of a vehicle. It is better to educate the user about the importance of Tyre
Vandana, could you please advise about Ride-on Tyre protection systems - am especially interested in (1) how it helps balance tyres and the rationale behind the claim that it balances better than normal balancing/lead weights (2) comparison with slime.
Would there be a recommendation that the 5th tyre is not needed if Ride-On is used...and hence can be removed (weight reduced, fuel saved, etc.)
Also could you please let me know about pricing (for tyres of the Xylo) and any recommendations on dealers in Bangalore. Thank you.
Old 15th July 2009, 17:33   #14
Team-BHP Support

I called up Delhi dealer for Ride on TPS and the cost was 7200rs(all inclusive for 4 tires of safari).
Seems a little too high(1800/tire!). the amount will be 18 ounces/tire
Does slime also cost the same or less? I am unable to find any dealers in Noida or Delhi

I checked the international website and 4 bottle kit (16oz each) costs 55$ = 2500rs approx.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 15th July 2009 at 17:36.
Old 15th July 2009, 17:47   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I called up Delhi dealer for Ride on TPS and the cost was 7200rs(all inclusive for 4 tires of safari).
Seems a little too high(1800/tire!). the amount will be 18 ounces/tire
Does slime also cost the same or less? I am unable to find any dealers in Noida or Delhi

I checked the international website and 4 bottle kit (16oz each) costs 55$ = 2500rs approx.
I checked for Slime in Khan Market's accessories area. The tyre dealer said they don't stock it because Slime is a failure in Delhi due to extreme summers. Really don't know whether it has any truth behind it or not.
Regards
Tanveer Singh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks