Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2011, 21:40   #16
BHPian

Re: My Garage Display

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
What an awesome collection! More than that, it's such a beauty to see the way these are arranged! Am sure you should be spending quite a lot of time & fortune in managing these the way these are! Kudos Sir!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peeve View Post
Sir you have such an amazing collection....real drool stuff.Will come to your place for sure to be amidst these beauties . Congrats again.

Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMan View Post
Nice display. Love the models. Is that a Poacher 500k? and what scale are the planes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Srivardhan, this is an absolute delight to the eyes ! What a collection man, and so wonderfully displayed. Your scale models are to die for !!

I'll make sure I barge in when I'm visiting Chennai. Better still, I'll make a visit only for this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones View Post
Never knew such a heaven was in chennai, Iam from Kanchi sir, would love to visit it sometime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
Beautiful. Admire your passion and enthusiasm to not just collect cars but ALSO showcase them in the manner you have with scale models and period memorabilia such as posters, neon signs, etc. Truly wonderful and a delight. Would like to see a few more photos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Though I'm not a vintage enthusiast, I couldn't help myself drool over the arrangement of the items in the garage. Special kudos to the light effects, low ceiling, wooden panels, metal panels for the display of posters, random arrangement of the posters on the panel, the neon hangers, tight parking space, the scale model arrangement, bamboo curtains, the utilization of the pillars, white walls and what not.

Perfect settings for a garage museum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed kills View Post
Dussey!
You've given me a reason to drive down to Chennai now!!
That's a beautiful collection you've got there. You're taste is impeccable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Oh my god!! This place can just be the only reason to drive down to Chennai.
Fantastic display and layout Sir. A must see next time when I'm in Chennai.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Sri,

Awesome pictures. I like the way you have displayed your 1:1, the scale models and the related memorabilia. I an dying to visit your collection, hope fully my visit on next week I can have some time to have a meet eith you.

Cheers,

Manish
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
What a wonderfully done garage. You have excellent taste. The cars/bikes are looking very good too. Guess the garage must be your pride and joy.

Cheers

KPS
Thanks for all the accolades folks ! It is really inspiring when all you enthusiasts respond so positively. You are all welcome to visit when you are in Chennai. My mobile number is in my profile.
Dussey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2011, 21:58   #17
BHPian

Great collection..

Your taste shows in your collection and the way you have maintained them. The display case has awesome stuff. If you dont mind, can you post some close-up pics please?

Last edited by Pallavi : 20th November 2011 at 22:00.
Old 20th November 2011, 23:09   #18
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic Srivardhan, long time coming. Not just the vintage cars but the way you have showcased them with scale models, neon signs, posters. This is one place any auto enthusiast would love to visit. Maybe a ticket counter ?
Old 20th November 2011, 23:13   #19
Senior - BHPian

Dussey, this is a labour of love and dedication, you have set up a lovely compact display, very very much a reason to visit Chennai soon.
To create such a garage you have to first aquire the stuff, then restore it, then make a layout and build the interiors. No wonder you don't have much time to post. Keep it up, and make your expansions plan well ahead of requirement. Stuff is getting more and more difficult to find.

Cheers harit

P.S. I doubt that is a Pocher model, they were larger, scale 1:8. I doubt the company still exists which is a pity.
Old 20th November 2011, 23:15   #20
BHPian

Congratz Dussey!

This is truly a Collectors dream come true. Your Passion and enthusiasm is apparent.
As Ravi (Super Select) has mentioned, we will have to exclusively make a trip to Chennai to meet up with you and get a chance to feel special viewing your collection.
Old 20th November 2011, 23:41   #21
LDJ
BHPian

Excellent collection there and a beautiful display to boot! Really shows your passion and organizing skills! Hats off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
This is one place any auto enthusiast would love to visit. Maybe a ticket counter ?
LOL that sounds like a good idea too!
Old 21st November 2011, 10:04   #22
BHPian

It's hard to believe a private car display in a person's home this beautiful anywhere in the world, leave alone in India! I think I could comfortably make the place my bedroom; after all, what better way to go to sleep at night and wake up in the morning than in motoring paradise

Best Regards
mbz180
mbz180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2011, 10:22   #23
BHPian

Fantastic! You have a lovely home for your vehicles and collectibles. Garage is an understatement, i feel.

Kudos to you on the effort and time spent.
Old 21st November 2011, 10:32   #24
Senior - BHPian

Very nicely put together...the restoration quality of the cars makes them all that more nicer surrounded by the automobilia !
wasif is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2011, 11:03   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dussey View Post
Dear Enthusiasts,
Here is a write up of my Garage Dispay featured in 'The Times of India '
Chennai edition of Nov18,2011.
I am also posting pictures of my Vintage & Classic cars and motorcycles/scooter
and scale models displayed in the Garage in Chennai.
Wonderful collection there sir! Hope to get a chance to see it person

I will send you a PM if thats not a problem!
Old 21st November 2011, 12:29   #26
Senior - BHPian

seen this beautiful and fantastic effort of Srivardhan in Person. The sheer collection of miniature models pristinely kept and organized make us all feel humble. The cars on the whole are superbly restored.

Superb and worth a visit for everyone who resides in Chennai and transiting thru and for anyone who loves cars and bikes and memorabilia that has been so nicely placed with period.

His 4 x 4 Jeep wall is a big WOW even though I am not a 4 x 4 Jeep fan.

Cheers
Old 21st November 2011, 14:44   #27
BANNED

Flight to Chennai : 4500 rupees
Restaurant bills : 1000 rupees
Travelling to Dussey's place : 50 rupees
Watching these beauties : PRICELESS.

Your collection is really amazing.
The pictures speak of your love for cars.
diesel_power is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2011, 21:05   #28
BHPian

Re: My Garage Display featured in the TOI

Diesel_Power, What a quote !! Your four lines tell it all !!

Kasli, Thanks, I was certainly honoured by your visit and appreciation !!

anachronix , Thanks ! You can certainly PM me. My E Mail Id and mobile contact are in my profile for your reference.

Wasif bhai, Thanks for your appreciation . It is most valued !

Neel/ Mbz180 & LDJ, Thanks. Its almost my bedroom, living room, study and more!

President / Super Select . Thanks and you are most welcome to visit !

Esteem lover Thanks. You are in Chennai, you can certainly touch base.

Pallavi, Will certainly post some close ups.

Harit ji Thanks a lot for your goods wishes ! It certainly is a labour of love and you are most welcome to visit. Will certainly take your advice and suggestions regarding expansion as two more vehicles a Morris Minor Traveller Woody & a '47 British Ford Thames E83W van , besides two motorcycles, a BSA C-11 OHV 250cc , an Auto Union DKW RT200, and an Italian Lambretta Series1 scooter, are under restoration at present, and should be complete by summer 2012.
The big Merc 500K model is a Europestar 1:5 RC.
Dussey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2011, 23:19   #29
Senior - BHPian

Amazing is the word...Congrats Dussey ji. I guess most of the Scale models are sourced from abroad, including the RC Merc 500K.
Old 21st November 2011, 23:40   #30
Team-BHP Support

Honestly, when I saw the title of this thread, I imagined the cars to be parked in a nice garage. Some of them dusty. Some not. And I got the shock of my life when I saw the photographs. This isn't a garage mate. This is your living-room!

Absolutely fantastic! Everything is so shiny and delicious to look at! Lip-smacking chrome, right there! And the scale-models and period sign-boards and neon-lights give it a very museum-feel! And to own your own private museum is something else! You've got a stunning collection, mate!

A few questions. Are you still collecting vintage and classic cars? Do you have any interest for classic sports-cars? There are plenty out there that require YOUR attention.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks