Team-BHP - Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Vintage Cars & Classics in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/)
-   -   Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/15813-rust-pieces-pics-disintegrating-classic-vintage-cars-114.html)

My god!! Where is this sad sight karl?? Any salvagable parts??

I want the Fiat Badge..:D

Found this old 6 cyl inline Ford mustang lying at ulsoor - Bangy.

Seems to have had some tinkering done recently, but is negelected later.

Is that a Mach 1 Mustang?? Also is that a renault Espace behind it??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus43 (Post 1031987)
Is that a Mach 1 Mustang?? Also is that a renault Espace behind it??

Thats a mustang for sure, its a 6 cyl inline, may not be a Mach 1.

I think the one in the back ground is some toyota, its right now getting a heart transplant, a Tavera engine going into it.

Just did some Googling . It looks like a Mach 2.

Doesnt someone on the forum have a similar car??

Quote:

Also is that a renault Espace behind it??
No,i think that is a Mitsubishi Delica Spacegear for sure...

Its called a Mustang II not a Mach 2. Never came with an inline 6. I4, V6, V8.
Size, engines etc all thanks to 70s Oil crisis and new safety norms thanks to Ralph Naders 'unsafe at any speed' book.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 1031755)
Anybody interesting in restoring a dukkar? One owner, low milage, minor rust issues...:uncontrol

I'm sure someone can get sponsorship from the Mountain Dew guys for this project - Do the Dewkkar!:uncontrol

In 1975 the Mustang II was also offered in the Mach 1 version which came with a German 171-cid V-6 as standard. The V-8 , 302 was an option.

S.B.Jatti.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MustangMan (Post 1032078)
Size, engines etc all thanks to 70s Oil crisis and new safety norms thanks to Ralph Naders 'unsafe at any speed' book.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MustangMan (Post 1032078)

A book which also killed the original Chevy Corvair. There is one in Pune, do more survive? Prabal and me had discussed a Monza in Delhi I think.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 1032411)
A book which also killed the original Chevy Corvair. There is one in Pune, do more survive? Prabal and me had discussed a Monza in Delhi I think.

This is one in Delhi, DLX 879, although I can't make out here if she's the Monza #3 (Heritage Motoring Club Of India), probably is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarshanS (Post 1011422)
Just back from a short trip to Goa. Spotted a Sunbeam motorcycle (1952 S7 Deluxe?) in bad state left to rust. I am thinking of locating the owner and quoting a price. Looks like restorable but will need a good amount of cash for it? What does the team think it should cost?
The Photo Gallery for Sunbeam Motorcycles

Hi Darshan: Did you follow up on this motorcycle? It sure looks restorable and will make for a good project. Hope to hear more on this one.

I had a LHD, Auto, four Cylinder Mustang -II. I t was a 1976. The worst car i have ever driven. IMHO a Mustang-II is no Mustang at all. Theres one being restored in Bombay as we speak. Hes going all the way (as yet his intentions are such) to import a souped up V-8 engine for it. I think its a useless project.

Just saw this car in an Industrial Estate on my way to Vakola.
Is it an Austin Cambridge??

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 1032984)
I had a LHD, Auto, four Cylinder Mustang -II. I t was a 1976. The worst car i have ever driven. IMHO a Mustang-II is no Mustang at all. Theres one being restored in Bombay as we speak. Hes going all the way (as yet his intentions are such) to import a souped up V-8 engine for it. I think its a useless project.

Gogi bhai the same one at bandh now, with the silly kit on it. The car was offered to me for 40 thousand when it was lying elsewhere and someone claimed to be the owner, but the hitch was the four cylinder and no papers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RohuRulz (Post 1035938)
Just saw this car in an Industrial Estate on my way to Vakola.
Is it an Austin Cambridge??

It looks like a Standard Herald to me.