Team-BHP - Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Vintage Cars & Classics in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/)
-   -   Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/15813-rust-pieces-pics-disintegrating-classic-vintage-cars-113.html)

Just back from a short trip to Goa. Spotted a Sunbeam motorcycle (1952 S7 Deluxe?) in bad state left to rust. I am thinking of locating the owner and quoting a price. Looks like restorable but will need a good amount of cash for it? What does the team think it should cost?
The Photo Gallery for Sunbeam Motorcycles

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 1003671)
The Japanese car is an Isuzu, going by the monogram on the steering wheel (now you know where Maruti got that from! ;))

The Dodge is a 56/57 model. 'wish it were complete atleast! Could you find out if the original engine is with them?

The Kingsway was delivered to the gujiri without engine and interiors. Its been scrapped, and I see no sign of either the Dodge or the Isuzu. Dodge was probably chopped up and sent to the melting plant. All I could recognize were pieces of those Padminis and the 118 NE (visible in couple of pics) lying around. Come to think of it, Padmini seems to be the most-often scrapped car at the gujiri.

Found in pune. Dont know if this has been featured earlier or not.

What appears to be a Jaguar XJS.

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-image_185.jpg
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-image_186.jpg

An Old Studebaker Perhabs??

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-image_187.jpg
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-image_188.jpg
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-image_189.jpg

A Chevy Fleetmaster...

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-image_182.jpg

A really Really old Bulldozer??!?!

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-image_191.jpg

i'm not interested with the jag. what haunts me is the convertible.
its definately not a jag xjs. its a 4 door car.the rear door handles are clearly visible. see the xjs pictures. also note the rear lights, they bend, but here its not.

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-jaguarxjsredstrip1280x960.jpg

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-1890_d.jpg

I think it's a Peugeot 504.
And you're right Amit, the convertible looks reeeal cool. A very interesting and doable project - any takers ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperSelect (Post 1029104)
I think it's a Peugeot 504.

I suspect it too. The tail-end looks too short to be a jag. BBut again in the 504, the boot was a bit sloped downwards. This must be some later model.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 1029247)
I suspect it too. The tail-end looks too short to be a jag. BBut again in the 504, the boot was a bit sloped downwards. This must be some later model.

Too late to even hint about Jags.
It is a Peugeot 504. Has the classic, two intersecting surfaces subtending an obtuse angle. Ugly, avant-garde and typically French !

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-peugeot504trunklid.jpg
Ram

The second car is a 1947 Studebaker commander Regal Deluxe convertible! Really beautiful cars, dunno how many of them survive in India, By any chance are the chevy and the stude for sale??

I was confused at first since the car sports a TATA badge. But when I came closer I realised it was a Sipani Montana.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabret00the (Post 1029861)
I was confused at first since the car sports a TATA badge. But when I came closer I realised it was a Sipani Montana.

Thats not a Sapani, IMHO it a Toyota Starlet 85~86 vintage

Yup it must be a starlet.

But doesnt look like its rusting in pieces, does it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus43 (Post 1029096)

What appears to be a Jaguar XJS.

An Old Studebaker Perhabs??

A Chevy Fleetmaster...

A really Really old Bulldozer??!?!

This seems to be the WIAA garage ( as i like to call it) in Pune. That like pointed out by the guys is a Peugot and not a Jag XJS Cyrus. The Studebaker belongs to Mr.Dossa and i am not sure if he owns the Fleetmaster as well. The Bulldozer is a great sight and am glad it still stands and has not been sent to the Scrapper.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabret00the (Post 1029861)

Thats a Toyota Starlet 60 series (1978 - 1984).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus43 (Post 1029096)

A Chevy Fleetmaster.
Attachment 63581

These cars are at Tamhane Garage. The Chevy is not a Fleetmaster, but probably a Styline Deluxe or thereabouts. Im told it belongs to the owner of the adjacent property. She used to be cream with a white top, then redone and left standing. Still remarkably complete and sound. Not for sale.:)

JayD, there is another similar Studebaker being restored in Bombay. My aunt used to drive a similar hardtop 4 door.

Anybody interesting in restoring a dukkar? One owner, low milage, minor rust issues...:uncontrol