Team-BHP - Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Vintage Cars & Classics in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/)
-   -   Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/15813-rust-pieces-pics-disintegrating-classic-vintage-cars-63.html)

This is a single owner MK1 herald, lying in a workshop, as the owner lost interest in it. Its got all the bits including the white speedo. Anybody interested??

A standard penant, Currently used as a storeroom in a workshop! Used to belong to the workshop guys father, now nobody is interested in it!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shreeram (Post 513940)
Here's A VW Camper

Where exactly is this? and is it for sale?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayD (Post 716749)
This is a single owner MK1 herald, lying in a workshop, as the owner lost interest in it. Its got all the bits including the white speedo. Anybody interested??

Me ME ME ME ME ME!!!!!!! :Shockked:

What a pity man!! More details on the car please:....ie. is it really up for sale currently?? What's he asking??

And btw, what colour is the car?? 'cant make out....if it cant be restored or has no papers I can atleast use it as a parts car! Perfect for my '62 mk1...

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayD (Post 716758)
A standard penant, Currently used as a storeroom in a workshop! Used to belong to the workshop guys father, now nobody is interested in it!!

Again, I am I am I AM!!!! please:

Your right, its good enough to serve as a parts donor for my car.....

Again, do find out how much he's asking.....if he is just using it as a storeroom he may not care bout letting it go......can even get him a less valuable 'storeroom'...! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 716921)
Me ME ME ME ME ME!!!!!!! :Shockked:

What a pity man!! More details on the car please:....ie. is it really up for sale currently?? What's he asking??

And btw, what colour is the car?? 'cant make out....if it cant be restored or has no papers I can atleast use it as a parts car! Perfect for my '62 mk1...

Yep! it is apparently for sale. The owner has lost interest in the car, hence its just left there. The cars is a whitish-grey shade.It has papers alrite, but there's a tax due of 25000. The car is very much restorable(according to me). If u are interested, i'll ask my guy there to follow it up.( coz it 250km away from my house!!)

Regarding the penant, the workshop guy was not there even on the second day, so i got his phone num. Now am back in cochin. the car is lying near my native place.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayD (Post 717059)
Yep! it is apparently for sale. The owner has lost interest in the car, hence its just left there. The cars is a whitish-grey shade.It has papers alrite, but there's a tax due of 25000. The car is very much restorable(according to me). If u are interested, i'll ask my guy there to follow it up.( coz it 250km away from my house!!)

Well to be honest I'm considering having it as a parts car rather than restoration project....if I could get it as such I wouldnt need to have anything to do with the tax etc. as I wouldnt be taking it with the papers....I'm not even keen on taking the engine & gearbox with it....just wanna pick up the car as it is.
So yeah do ask your man to follow it up...

Quote:

Regarding the penant, the workshop guy was not there even on the second day, so i got his phone num. Now am back in cochin. the car is lying near my native place.
Yeah do try & get in touch with him too.....where is this place btw?

[quote=JayD;716758]A standard penant, Currently used as a storeroom in a workshop! Used to belong to the workshop guys father, now nobody is interested in it!!

Are the Padmini and 118NE rims included in the deal??:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 717220)
Are the Padmini and 118NE rims included in the deal??:D

Sirji, that isnt a padmini rim- its the good ol' 1100 one! :D

is that a 1000 or esteem next to it??accident car??

Thats a junked 1000!! what is the world coming to? I can't wait for the day they start to junk vtecs!!:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayD (Post 717291)
Thats a junked 1000!! what is the world coming to? I can't wait for the day they start to junk vtecs!!:D

Never mind the junked 1000, get started with contacting the guys regarding the Herald and pennant please:!!!!

And as I said, I'm not concerned about the taxes as I intend to pick them up for parts...although my mech. suggests it'll be much too expensive transporting them all the way so cheaper to dismantle them there itself after buying them and transport what all parts we want....

Er, Shyam, what exactly do you want to salvage from that Herald, if not the mechanicals? The dash seems complete, but so is yours. What do you need in your car that you dont have?

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 717582)
Er, Shyam, what exactly do you want to salvage from that Herald, if not the mechanicals? The dash seems complete, but so is yours. What do you need in your car that you dont have?

Yes my dash is complete.....but barely hanging on! So an extra dash (from a similar model) would do!

Plus I have someone who needs a mk1 bonnet......I could do with the rest of the body as it seems in good shape...'would also need things like door handles/locks, steering wheel+column....

guys ...please help me spot a car in delhi...for restoration....i really really want to try my hand at restoration....id like a realatively simple car, something like the FORD MODEL A since this would be my first project.....i have already started buying equipment, just bought a compressor and a spray gun, planning on buying welding equipment, i want to do it all myself.....and i am DESPERATE cant wait.....would love it if someone could help me spot a car in delhi or N.C.R