Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2020, 12:25   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Barn or Garage Finds in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartik Deshmukh View Post
. I am going to keep this Alfa Romeo 1600 Giulia TI and try to get a hands on restoration on this one!
That is quite the find indeed!Amazing!

These cars are quite sought after here in Europe. A well restored one can fetch upwards of Euro 40.000,-- Which sounds a lot, but is the price of a well specced Ford Mondeo. The problem is that restoration is very expensive and usually a full restoration on these neglected cars costs more in labour and parts then what a car is worth. So typically these cars end up with real enthusiasts who either don’t mind spending the money, or enjoy doing the restoration themselves. Or do just the work they find relevant/important. Restoration cost in India are very different from here in Europe. A reputable car restorer will charge Euro 75-100 per hour. RVery rough rule of thumb on your average classic car full restoration: 500 - 1000 hours, plus parts plus painting. A proper paint job on a car like this would cost Euro 2-4000,-- !!

Parts availability can be a bit of a problem. I know several people/companies that can help out, feel free to contact me.

These cars, when properly restored, are lovely to drive. The real Alfa experience.
But that does mean it needs a pretty thorough restoration of at least all suspension components and the complete drive train.

Quite a few of these end up being modified to race in classic car series.

As with all Alfa’s, rust is always a problem. This one doesn’t look to badly, but unfortunately you can’t really tell from the outside. The big problem tends to be on the chassis, sills etc. Again, all restorable, and I believe some body parts are still available as well.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th May 2020, 13:50   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
That is quite the find indeed!Amazing!

These cars are quite sought after here in Europe......

...Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Jeroen

Indeed a rare car, I know it is going to be quite a task to even get this one running. Thank you for an insight and will surely contact you regarding parts and stuff. The mechanical side is what I am more concerned of, but surely can't say about the rust as even though not very evident a thorough inspection will reveal the real state of thing's!
Old 5th May 2020, 17:02   #48
Senior - BHPian

Now this is a real Barnfind would think this would top the charts for 2020 unless a V16 Caddy or a 540K is found

Would love to know more about its history and see pics of interior and engine.

Like has been mentioned try to get it running first, see if it can be used for a bit so you can get an understanding of what needs doing then sort out the same.

Its got great patina on it and if this is the original paint untouched would be great to see if it can be preserved
wasif is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2020, 20:56   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Now this is a real Barnfind would think this would top the charts for 2020 unless a V16 Caddy or a 540K is found

Would love to know more about its history and see pics of interior and engine.

Like has been mentioned try to get it running first, see if it can be used for a bit so you can get an understanding of what needs doing then sort out the same.

Its got great patina on it and if this is the original paint untouched would be great to see if it can be preserved

Hello, thank you it means a lot. It is like a dream come true, but probable restoration costs would sky rocket and then could turn it into a nightmare! Always hoping for the best though, as far as I know the car has original paint and brown leather upholstery.

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th May 2020 at 00:29. Reason: Removing some excessive line spaces in the quoted post. Not sure why they are showing up for everyone you quote...
Old 6th May 2020, 11:44   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone,

I just came across a beauty .... I am going to keep this Alfa Romeo 1600 Giulia TI and try to get a hands on restoration on this one! ..... current condition of the car. Cheer!!

Attachment 2001388

Attachment 2001389
What a nice timing!
Just saw this video. Watch at 07:30

Old 6th May 2020, 14:54   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am going to keep this Alfa Romeo 1600 Giulia TI and try to get a hands on restoration on this one! T
A few places to get some more information

The Alfa BB forum is one of the best places in the world when it comes to Alfa’s of all ages. I am active on the Spider 105/115 section, but they have dedicated sections for your Gullia as well

https://www.alfabb.com/forums/

Originally an American forum, it is a pretty international crowd out there. The Americans are fantastic when it comes to DIY on cars, from restoration to whatever job needs doing, they will tear into any car and see it through.

There are quite a few good part sellers in the USA and Europe. This forum will have knowledgeable people on what to get what where. So sign up, its free and start learning!

I got the below link from a mate of mine who has a Giulia too: Lots of information on history and specifications

https://alfa-giulia.wixsite.com/alfa-giulia

Good luck

Jeroen
Old 6th May 2020, 17:04   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
A few places to get some more information

The Alfa BB forum is one of the best places in the world when it comes to Alfa’s of all ages. I am active on the Spider 105/115 section, but they have dedicated sections for your Gullia as well

Thank you Jeroen, this is quite helpful and surely this is some information that is going to be very useful for me. Will keep you posted about the car!

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th May 2020 at 00:30. Reason: Removing some excessive line spaces in the quoted post. Not sure why they are showing up for everyone you quote...
Kartik Deshmukh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2020, 13:10   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you,

Yes amazingly it is quite intact and yes hoping to source parts from a genuine person. It will be a learning process and hopefully this one doesn't rob me of my money
Nice find. After restoration, the car could look like below:

https://www.classicdriver.com/en/car/alfa-romeo/giulia/1964/737224 (Barn or Garage Finds in India)

Post restoration selling price could be from 15 to 45 Lakh Rs. depending upon client.
Old 7th May 2020, 19:30   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by arzala View Post
Nice find. After restoration, the car could look like below:

https://www.classicdriver.com/en/car/alfa-romeo/giulia/1964/737224 (Barn or Garage Finds in India)

Post restoration selling price could be from 15 to 45 Lakh Rs. depending upon client.

Thank you, restoration might be on the expensive side but not willing to sell the car.
Old 8th May 2020, 00:32   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am going to keep this Alfa Romeo 1600 Giulia TI ...

Neville Shroff
shares the following info via a comment on our Facebook Page:
I think this car was imported and used by Indital Rubber Mr Iriti (Italian). The car was parked in one of the buildings at cooperage. He had two of them and a brand new VW golf which I bought. This one was blue with a 1.6L twin overhead cam motor.
Rehaan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th May 2020, 09:49   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post

Neville Shroff
shares the following info via a comment on our Facebook Page:

I think this car was imported and used by Indital Rubber Mr Iriti (Italian). The car was parked in one of the buildings at cooperage. He had two of them and a brand new VW golf which I bought. This one was blue with a 1.6L twin overhead cam motor.

Hello, as much as I know this car was bought by the one industrial family of my town. But don't know if bought new or from someone, roughly when did you see this car?
Old 10th June 2020, 22:43   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
Here is another fantastic barnfind. 1958 Chevrolet Impala with optional "Level Air" suspension. The is a 2 door hard top!
Hey KPS,

Amazing car ��. Who is the proud owner of this car and is it being restored somewhere ?

Thanks

Indrojit

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd September 2020 at 14:54. Reason: Old post, but shortening quote :)
Old 22nd September 2020, 23:19   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
This is a 1947-48 Nash four door fastback sedan is largely intact. The good news is that the car has been rescued, and the new new owner will start restoration soon.
Another Nash Barnfind, this time in Rajasthan, car under restoration with Kapurs vintage cars.

Barn or Garage Finds in India-img20200911wa0096.jpg

Barn or Garage Finds in India-img20200911wa0099.jpg
KartikeyaL is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 00:16   #59
Senior - BHPian

Many thanks to Mr. Lenin Ferrao for letting me share this latest barnfind (Peugeot 403) from Goa.

Barn or Garage Finds in India-img20210418wa0233.jpg

Barn or Garage Finds in India-img20210418wa0238.jpg

Barn or Garage Finds in India-img20210418wa0239.jpg

Barn or Garage Finds in India-img20210418wa0236.jpg

Barn or Garage Finds in India-img20210418wa0237.jpg

Barn or Garage Finds in India-img20210418wa0234.jpg

Barn or Garage Finds in India-img20210418wa0235.jpg

Barn or Garage Finds in India-img20210418wa0243.jpg

Barn or Garage Finds in India-img20210418wa0240.jpg

Barn or Garage Finds in India-img20210418wa0242.jpg

Barn or Garage Finds in India-img20210418wa0241.jpg

Barn or Garage Finds in India-img20210419wa0001.jpg

Last edited by KartikeyaL : 19th April 2021 at 00:23.
KartikeyaL is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 13:57   #60
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

This 1928 Erskine Tourer, has been in one family ownership. While all of us had heard about this car, she was garaged for more that 40 years

Was in this garage for more than 40 years.
Barn or Garage Finds in India-1.jpg

Had to be dug out!
Barn or Garage Finds in India-2.jpg

Barn or Garage Finds in India-3.jpg

First time out in more than 40 years
Barn or Garage Finds in India-4.jpg

The car is quite complete
Barn or Garage Finds in India-5.jpg

Barn or Garage Finds in India-6.jpg

Barn or Garage Finds in India-7.jpg

She will be restored back to glory in a couple of years!

We are now aware of 6 Erskines surviving in India.

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   (16) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks