Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2014, 19:19   #4111

re: Classic Cars available for purchase

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 13th February 2014 at 11:12.
Old 9th February 2014, 12:30   #4112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post
Kindly do not post any statement which reeks of half knowledge. And a 53-62 Mercedes Benz Ponton is certainly not classified as a vintage.

That said, At last! A Ponton that appeals to a classic car freak like me.
All okay, barring some alignment issues and at a very good price. Good Pontons are certainly rare in India. A must buy Though I would still bargain.

The pics seem to have been shot at some V&C Rally. Note the immaculate black Millecento besides it.

The location of the car seems to be in some neighboring locality to Chandigarh.

Cheers!
This is the age old problem rearing its head again. When somebody asks a ridiculous price for a Vintage we all laugh at it and call it greed, daydreaming etc. When somebody tries to price something reasonably then we all shout aloud...dicey, something fishy etc
car love is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2014, 17:28   #4113
BHPian

Interesting FIAT for sale in Bhopal...can anyone help me on what model of Fiat is this ?

http://bhopal.olx.in/vintage-car-iid-598648847
Old 9th February 2014, 18:48   #4114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Bug View Post
Interesting FIAT for sale in Bhopal...can anyone help me on what model of Fiat is this ?
Its a 1970 Fiat Gamine Vignale, also known as the Noddy car (after the lovable fictional character created by Enid Blyton). That said, the car in the picture hardly has anything original/period.
predatorwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2014, 21:55   #4115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
Its a 1970 Fiat Gamine Vignale, also known as the Noddy car (after the lovable fictional character created by Enid Blyton). That said, the car in the picture hardly has anything original/period.
But the car is quite rare isn't it? Around 300 units built.

Cheers!
Old 10th February 2014, 10:55   #4116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Bug View Post

http://bhopal.olx.in/vintage-car-iid-598648847
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post
But the car is quite rare isn't it? Around 300 units built.

Cheers!
"I want to sell my modified vintage car petrol engine"
Guys please the adv carefully and not on the pictures posted alone. The person had mentioned "MODIFIED". I wonder where a modified car is missing original/period parts or becomes rare. This car seems to be made out of a Premier Padmaini.

Last edited by speedy : 10th February 2014 at 11:04.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2014, 19:50   #4117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
"I want to sell my modified vintage car petrol engine"
Guys please the adv carefully and not on the pictures posted alone. The person had mentioned "MODIFIED". I wonder where a modified car is missing original/period parts or becomes rare. This car seems to be made out of a Premier Padmaini.
For the sake of banter, "I want to sell my modified vintage car" can be interpreted in 2 ways. First, it could mean a vintage car has been modified with modern accouterments. Modified the adjective, "vintage car" the noun. The second is that a modern car has been modified to look like a vintage. "Modified (to) vintage" the adjective, car the noun.

Looks like I interpreted it the first way, you probably did the second. Open to more banter.

Last edited by predatorwheelz : 10th February 2014 at 19:51.
Old 11th February 2014, 10:07   #4118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
This car was in Quilon in 2010 and was advertised for sale then.The asking price then was 5 lakhs and heard that somebody from Kottayam bought it after some time for 3.5lakhs.please see the photos of the car taken in Quilon.One can only at the asking price
For 3.5 Lacs? That would've been a real good deal, at the original condition at that time, with the original interiors. Can't understand why the buyer would change the steering wheel to the current one, which looks just pathetic. Thanks for sharing the pics! It looks very good in those pics!
Old 11th February 2014, 10:11   #4119
BHPian

I don't know if this was already posted in this thread but the olx ad shows published date as today. But I strongly feel I've seen this car(or maybe a similar one) advertised for sale earlier.

http://mumbai.olx.in/beetle-2-door-1...-iid-600352848
Old 11th February 2014, 11:44   #4120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For the sake of banter, "I want to sell my modified vintage car" can be interpreted in 2 ways. First, it could mean a vintage car has been modified with modern accouterments. Modified the adjective, "vintage car" the noun. The second is that a modern car has been modified to look like a vintage. "Modified (to) vintage" the adjective, car the noun.

Looks like I interpreted it the first way, you probably did the second. Open to more banter.
But do see the vehicle pictures posted. the car seems to be a premier padmini. The wheels, steering and other components are different, even the body of the vehicle is fabricated or made. All i am trying to say is anyone interested in this vehicle does not get fooled into believing it is a vintage car with fiat or modified parts.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2014, 17:34   #4121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M View Post
For 3.5 Lacs? That would've been a real good deal, at the original condition at that time, with the original interiors. Can't understand why the buyer would change the steering wheel to the current one, which looks just pathetic. Thanks for sharing the pics! It looks very good in those pics!
It was not original even then,the engine was diesel and the Hoodliner,rear tail lamps etc were modified .The former owner had bought the car a few months earlier(in 2010) from Tamilnadu for 2.7 lakhs.he is sort of a part time car dealer.

Last edited by ajay99 : 11th February 2014 at 17:49.
ajay99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2014, 22:32   #4122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
It was not original even then,the engine was diesel and the Hoodliner,rear tail lamps etc were modified .The former owner had bought the car a few months earlier(in 2010) from Tamilnadu for 2.7 lakhs.he is sort of a part time car dealer.
Man, you seem to know the entire history of the car! That's just awesome. Had the price been somewhere near those earlier figures, I'd surely have given it a serious thought. Thanks for sharing the details.
Old 14th February 2014, 17:00   #4123
Distinguished - BHPian

A Wolseley 1934 (car no 310-15630) for sale in Assam,
the write-up mentions some interesting History.

Classic Cars available for purchase-wolseley.jpg

http://guwahati.olx.in/vintage-car-f...-iid-601989583
KartikeyaL is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2014, 19:27   #4124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartikeyaL View Post
A Wolseley 1934 (car no 310-15630) for sale in Assam,
the write-up mentions some interesting History.
Several discrepancies.

If the car is 1934 built, how could it come to our far off country in 1928 of all things?

And if the seller claims that the car has won many so called titles in rallies , HOW COME THE CAR IS NOT IN CONCOURS CONDITION?

And lastly, are there any "FAMED" rallies taking place in Guwahati?

Also, the STD Number given in the advertisement seems that it is of Bangalore, NOT Guwahati.

Also, the owner claims that the car was made for the Queen of Birmingham. An extremely tall claim, because,

I DOUBT whether any royalty existed in Birmingham, in the 1930s. The royalty would rather prefer to be seen in a Rolls-Royce, wont they?

Cheers!

Last edited by FINTAIL : 14th February 2014 at 19:31.
FINTAIL is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2014, 20:09   #4125
Senior - BHPian

This car was in the circle for a while for sale . Papers are not clear

Cheers
kasli is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks