Team-BHP - Classic Cars available for purchase
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Vintage Cars & Classics in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/)
-   -   Classic Cars available for purchase (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/26996-classic-cars-available-purchase-87.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 1300732)

Here is a pic of a similar car.

Attachment 135661

there used to be similar 4 door car in vasant kunj in delhi till the early nineties, wonder if it survives, also there was a powder blue 2002 ex stc which was owned by a south indian gentleman, used to come to swamy's place in the late 80s where i used to take my karmann- ghia, it was at par with any 2002 iv seen anywhere in the world.

Quote:

Originally Posted by awini (Post 1312646)
these prices are of no consequence, your link is just one of literally millions of VW parts sources around the globe, and he is not our source, i recently bought a nos GERMAN carb for rs3800 and gasket set for rs 280 in delhi!
also, Prab(h)al is bengali, and im not gujrati:D

then the guys who buy from this site(not me anyway because I am not restoring any vw ) must be the biggest fools on earthlol: and guys like you the clever ones:uncontrol

We all are lovers of cars and then we do feel bad when we see one rotting away. I do agree about that. Yes i do agree that a 914 is not so collectable in any other part of the world but then so are the Plymouths and Desotos of the early fifties which command an exotic price here. Personally im with you, I dont like it one bit. (guess im not kinky enough:D)

Anyway, sincerely, did not wish to offend you in any way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay99 (Post 1312772)
then the guys who buy from this site(not me anyway because I am not restoring any vw ) must be the biggest fools on earthlol: and guys like you the clever ones:uncontrol

Actually nobody is a fool or clever. Its just a hobby and different people have various perceptions of it. Some like me and karl like to work on our cars hands on, which i doubt vijay mallya does. I know of someone who sent over his austin 7 from england to LMB racing in belgium for restoration. At a cost of over 50000 pounds it must be the most expensive austin 7 in the world. But its his car and his money. I bought a pair of used german market headlamps for my karmann-ghia on ebay for 100 pounds (incl shipping) because they are unobtainable, and i like them far more than the commonly available us market sealed beam lamps which can be had for as low as 15 dollars. Im sure karl would give an arm and a leg for a radio to fit his oval. ↲ the point is that vw cars generally are not expensive to maintain even if you use nos parts, which are still available at a reasonable price. Like everything else in the world, its a matter of demand and supply as far as specific parts are concerned.

Quote:

Originally Posted by awini (Post 1313553)
Actually nobody is a fool or clever. Its just a hobby and different people have various perceptions of it. Some like me and karl like to work on our cars hands on, which i doubt vijay mallya does. I know of someone who sent over his austin 7 from england to LMB racing in belgium for restoration. At a cost of over 50000 pounds it must be the most expensive austin 7 in the world. But its his car and his money. I bought a pair of used german market headlamps for my karmann-ghia on ebay for 100 pounds (incl shipping) because they are unobtainable, and i like them far more than the commonly available us market sealed beam lamps which can be had for as low as 15 dollars. Im sure karl would give an arm and a leg for a radio to fit his oval. ↲ the point is that vw cars generally are not expensive to maintain even if you use nos parts, which are still available at a reasonable price. Like everything else in the world, its a matter of demand and supply as far as specific parts are concerned.

agree:what i also was trying to say is NOS GENUINE VW parts made in GERMANY in the old VW boxes are expensive and I thought you were trying to say that these are available cheap at the so called ""secret sources"" of yours . anyway at last we are all agreeing on one aspect.NOS parts are EXPENSIVE(reasonable being a subjective word )

We are going Off Topic from page 85 onwards :), we can discuss this part on the classic spares available section, its suits well there.

Lets have any classics available for sale here. Anyone saw that rickety Beetle for sale on classifieds, What price is that guy expecting with one blurred dark photo.:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM (Post 1314245)
We are going Off Topic from page 85 onwards :), we can discuss this part on the classic spares available section, its suits well there.

Lets have any classics available for sale here. Anyone saw that rickety Beetle for sale on classifieds, What price is that guy expecting with one blurred dark photo.

Oh absolutely, lets agree to disagree.

Regarding the car in the classifieds,

Classic Cars available for purchase-beetle.jpg

It certainly isn't a 72 model. I wonder if it is an Oval window car looking at the front windscreen (subject to correction). Or even a split!:)

Happened to stumble upon this car while browsing. Wonder if the papers are in order though, for it says 1956 model, but it is the earlier model with super select grill, bigger headlights etc. However the rear has all the period fittings intact, and as usual a hefty price tag (say so 'cos I for one definitely cannot afford it) :).

Used 1956 Fiat 1100 Petrol for sale in Jamshedpur - Profile Id : S58720 - CarWale.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by suren181 (Post 1314296)
Happened to stumble upon this car while browsing. Wonder if the papers are in order though, for it says 1956 model, but it is the earlier model with super select grill, bigger headlights etc. However the rear has all the period fittings intact, and as usual a hefty price tag (say so 'cos I for one definitely cannot afford it) :).

Used 1956 Fiat 1100 Petrol for sale in Jamshedpur - Profile Id : S58720 - CarWale.com

This car was offered by someone in Delhi sometime back. The car has many very hard to find items in place, especially the interiors. Major deviations are the front grille and headlights. Note the rare original smaller front indicators, correct hard to find side trim and handles, cool repro 'Millecento' plate on dash, petrol cap, numberplate frame etc. Price is high as plenty of expense in car is visible, but it always is like that:)

Documents are likely to be original as in 56 the 3 slat grille model was definitely available. In (around) October 56 the centre light version was introduced.

Thank you for that insight Karl. What I liked the most was the tail lights in this car. Hmm... The recession is taking its toll on me, else how I wish, I could have added this car and called my spattering of classics, the advent of a Fiat collection.

I think for lakh of rupees (unegotiated) its a good car.Its better than buying a scrappy car for free then spending all the time and money to get her up to the mark. Unless ofcourse its a very very rare car, but then you dont get those for free do you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by the mole (Post 1314599)
I think for lakh of rupees (unegotiated) its a good car.Its better than buying a scrappy car for free then spending all the time and money to get her up to the mark. Unless ofcourse its a very very rare car, but then you dont get those for free do you?

I got a scrappy MG TC for free.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 1314274)
Oh absolutely, lets agree to disagree.

Regarding the car in the classifieds,

Attachment 138419

It certainly isn't a 72 model. I wonder if it is an Oval window car looking at the front windscreen (subject to correction). Or even a split!:)

Looks like a 62'ish model, 5 lug wheels/ big rear side window makes the car look a combination of more than 2 cars. Bad body lines:Frustrati

And certainly an extra "0" added by mistake in the expected price.:D

Any Takers.......CHEVROLET 1935 master deluxe.

whoa esskay!!!!!!!! can you ship this car (metal) to bangalore?